Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

High School DxD New

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Supernatural-Knight, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Not. The fights are the best part

2. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I am even though I read the novels its nice to see it animated.
    The Excaliburs arc is coming along nicely for the most part they are holding true to the novels [maybe making it ecchier, like the bath scenes]
    But I like it.
    But what Im waiting to see is the Vampire of the Old Schoolhouse arc [Vol4] which will be the second half of the anime.

Keep an eye on those two blondies. Those guys are important later.

Well I’m not planning on reading the novels and such when it’s just going to be made into the anime that we’re watching now. So hopefully no one will post spoilers from the books till we’ve seen the anime version fully.

Anyway 2nd ep was good, and was getting REAL good when it sadly ended. 5 more days to wait I guess. [​IMG] Guess I’m not too surprised that Xenovia is a devil, but I wonder how she’s even IN the church esp since just praying to God for Asia hurts her because she’s a devil.

@Natsuru-san Where did you hear that Xenovia was a devil???
    Her and Irina are members of the church, remember???
    Also Im only talking about the novel after the episode except for the hint i mentioned above ^

[​IMG]

3. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I'm still watching it, one of the best parts even though I knew it was coming was that pic Keiichi posted. :) I also enjoyed the back story on Kiba. It was sad though but Rias was so beautiful in that scene. Also, I really like evreyything about the show, wouldn't be as good without all of it. (The fights, ecchiness aka fan service and the story)

@Keiichi: Spoilers man, spoilers...

Anyway I read it in the sub I am watching and yes I remember which is what has me confused. I don't think we're allowed to mention the site names out in the open so, I'll send you a PM and continue this there. I believe this was in Ep 2 that I heard it when one of those 2 girls was introducing themselves. K, not to the PM. (To the Bat Mobile! xD That's what it reminds me off)
    EDIT: Here is that pic Keiichi.

4. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    EDIT: Here is that pic Keiichi.
    [​IMG]

Irina is talking to Xenovia about Asia saying that Asia that used to be a holy maiden is now a devil.

5. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Keiichi: Oh! NOW I get it. Haha ^_^;

6. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    It only took you several hours.

7. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    DxD. Im happy with you. Youre doing the LNs justice.

8. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Watched the latest episode and its getting good, can't wait for next week!

9. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    HEHEHEEEEEE

The next ep is gonna be EPIC

Battle between Gremory and Kokabiel.
    Kiba's balance breaker. Awesome.

10. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    DARN IT! >_< I JUST typed my post and it says can't be displayed so my post never got posted. :mad: Baa! Well, I'll just sum up what I said which was in the spoiler. (Finally had time to catch up on the last 3 eps)

Gotta love Issei and how he talks about becoming the harem king and was persuaded by Rias's offer to suck on her breasts which increased his power and made him forget the enemy's offer and that's AFTER hearing the BIGGEST plot twist or whatever I said in my post which never got posted which is...God is dead. I'm kinda speechless after hearing that myself.

11. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    DARN IT! >_< I JUST typed my post and it says can’t be displayed so my post never got posted. :mad: Baa! Well, I’ll just sum up what I said which was in the spoiler. (Finally had time to catch up on the last 3 eps)

Spoiler:

Gotta love Issei and how he talks about becoming the harem king and was persuaded by Rias’s offer to suck on her breasts which increased his power and made him forget the enemy’s offer and that’s AFTER hearing the BIGGEST plot twist or whatever I said in my post which never got posted which is…God is dead. I’m kinda speechless after hearing that myself.

Naw for me the twist was
    Xenovia and Azazel joining OCR.
    Like WHAT???
    Asia didnt really have a choice when she joined but Xenovia??? O.O
    And the GOVERNOR OF ONE OF YOUR MORTAL ENEMIES???

12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Titty sucking, denied. Poor guy.

13. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ep 7, oh me oh my. o_o I LOVE what went on but at the same time, I've noticed the ecchiness has gotten pretty big. Even the theme songs too. This of course has me worried since DxD had a perfect balance that matched the lv of the story. Atm however the ecchiness out does the story. So I hope they can bring the story up to the lv of the ecchiness as well and given what's happened so far, I'd say that's possible but only time will tell. Oh yeah, Xenovia, what the!? O_O And that scene with Kiba... o_o Can't blame Issei for running from him. xD

EDIT: Forgot but and just when I'd gotten used to the OP & ED songs they have to go and change them but, I really like them. :) Not sure how good they are compared to the others though. Kinda strange though since DxD didn't get but 1 OP & ED song. Wonder why New got 2?

14. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Ep 7, oh me oh my. o_o I LOVE what went on but at the same time, I’ve noticed the ecchiness has gotten pretty big. Even the theme songs too. This of course has me worried since DxD had a perfect balance that matched the lv of the story. Atm however the ecchiness out does the story. So I hope they can bring the story up to the lv of the ecchiness as well and given what’s happened so far, I’d say that’s possible but only time will tell. Oh yeah, Xenovia, what the!? O_O And that scene with Kiba… o_o Can’t blame Issei for running from him. xD

EDIT: Forgot but and just when I’d gotten used to the OP & ED songs they have to go and change them but, I really like them. [​IMG] Not sure how good they are compared to the others though. Kinda strange though since DxD didn’t get but 1 OP & ED song. Wonder why New got 2?

The volumes have nothing to do with the themes, lol, but yeah its as it is in the novel. The pool scene is a bit raunchy.
    Given so I've read of to volume 6 so far and its still very good.

Also probably changed op/ed due to the arc change [Volume 4 - Vampire of the Suspended Classroom]

15. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not yet shown content, open at your own risk.
    In the next episode Gaspar is introduced. The cross dressing dampher boy and also Rias' other rook. I wonder if Archangel Michael will be introduced, because we have already met two of the leaders of the three factions. Michael is the only one that has not be introduced yet in the anime.

16. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    So why are you talking about it?

17. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @plantkingman, this is an anime exclusive discussion thread. If you want to mention something that hasn't yet been shown please use spoiler tags and label it as such, as I have done  to your post, from now on.

About the show, meh kind of failing when compared to the first season, it has just lost some of its appeal it had. It is still good sure but not of the same quality as the first season. Though this whit dragon guy is interesting I want to see more of him. Oh and another bishop, kind of removes all of our possible thoughts when she is shown in the ED theme with her name and it doesn't help that the name of this arc is included in the OP....

Best part about the new themes, Asia in a bunny outfit, I approve.

18. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    What i don't like in season 2 is that the ecchi has gotten worse. It was already on the edge in season 1, now it crossed that edge. Other than that i still enjoy it.

19. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    What i don’t like in season 2 is that the ecchi has gotten worse. It was already on the edge in season 1, now it crossed that edge. Other than that i still enjoy it.

Its in line with the novels actually. The author is just a hentai XD

20. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Who knew Issei had such a talent. His pervyness knows no bounds. :)

Wow wow wow! She's HER big sis! Mind blown! O_O

And with only 4 eps left and given what's happened so far, I think it's safe to say, I agree with everyone else on the ecchiness lv being worse than in the 1st season. The 1st season did a PERFECT job of balancing it with the story but New does not. The story has potential, it could still pull it off but so far, it's looking like we need a season 3 for it to do that. I still like DxD but I do wish they would have kept the ecchi and story perfectly balanced with each other. Well 4 more eps left, here is hope things story wise get GOOD and FAST to make it all balance out. Now, where's ep 9 already? Should be up soon if I'm not mistaken, or maybe it was help back thanks to labor day which would SOO suck.