Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Notice Happy White Day!!

Discussion in 'JustAnime Forum' started by Crazy Potato, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Hello Everyone,
    This is a day only event so get the event trophy while it's up!
    Since I did not make a Valentines Day theme for you all I decided to make a White Day theme instead.
    [​IMG]
    This theme version is 3.2.0 based off the 3.0 beta I had a while back so please post anything that seems buggy or causing issues.
    3.2 has the most code I ever placed in a theme as I made the entire theme change depending on the time of day so in the morning it will darken and at night everything will be semi bright.

#1 Crazy Potato, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    It is definitely an interesting theme you've built here Crazy. I haven't noticed any issues with it yet, but there haven't been any posts to respond to either during this time besides from this one. Guess we'll see how I go after this.

If anything it may have shown down with response time the smallest bit but I'm not technical so I'd have no idea if this is really the theme or just me. I'm sure my laptop is just getting a bit old.

I like the White day cookie trophy it looks good. Also this is the first theme that has ever given me the trophy without having to type in the code [which is why I've missed a few despite logging in more than once every day]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I just woke up after calling off work this morning. Got hit hard with that massive snow-front storm running up the Eastern coast of the U.S. Just laughing at the irony of the name you chose to give it @Crazy Potato. I'm currently sitting in 10" of snow right now.

Iv'e got to say I find the morning theme very eye catchy. I'd be happy if later in the future we could just chose the time of day theme we wanted or chose the cycle you have in place. Making the clouds move was a nice touch as well. Hopefully it proves not to be to processor or resource heavy for everyone. So far so good on my end, but it's early so we'll see how things progress from here on out.

Maybe the only thing I don't care for is the post box colors. They somewhat clash especially when editing a post.
    Post Edit.JPG

Like save changes being white on near white is rather hard to read. If the text could remain white but the box be changed to the same color as the above type options it would color blend much better & make it easier to read. ​

#3 Vladnyx, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  4. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I like the grey colour used in this theme it's smooth and because there is the big blue sky background it's not boring either

Nice Job and happy white day! even if we don't officially celebrate it here.

5. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I really like the morning theme!

Just one thing, it's hard to read what you write when you choose a black colour for your text (at least on mobile), but I could read it easily once I turned the brightness all the way up (so it's really not that bad).

And as I said, no big deal, the morning theme is really nice.

6. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Well it has been over a hour since my last post and the cycle of the day has changed. Were now to the blue skies. Quite possibly my favorite of the cycle's thus far. Everything just blends together so well. ​

7. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    The secret purpose of this whole theme was actually for Crazy to have a theme that matches his avatar.

White's a nice color. Something that is pretty much neutral. I'll be checking for anomalies in the behavior of the new theme now.

EDIT:
    It's difficult to tell the difference between a read or unread text, by going off of text color only. But this is easily countered with the usual dot next to the text as well. In general, the slight font change and color is not significant enough to easily notice.

8. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed something that was previously added, but is now missing. The change to the donation block on the sidebar was recently changed to feature the new donation image as well as honor our top 5 donators of the month. The image is there though the list of top donators is not. Another minor thing is text color again.

With the white text of the Home, Contact Us, Help, Terms & Rules, Policies, and list of Copyright information on the bottom left when it overlays on the clouds it practically vanishes. Very minor but it may prove difficult to new users to locate as they blend in so well. Jeez saying that felt like deja vu for some reason...​

• Like Like x 1
  9. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Like it a lot!!!

10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Since I know you want to eventually have a theme that cycles between the day and night what would be nice is if you could add in a field in the profile for zip code (could be set to private as well) and then have the forum make a php callback to the weather channel site and the weather could accurately influence the forum theme on a user end. Not sure how it could be done on the forum but in rainmeter it's pretty easy.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got hit with a bit of snow today as well, though not as much as Vladnyx seems to have been hit with. lol
    It looks really nice and I like the banner, especially the moving clouds. I'll keep a look out for any bugs or issues.

Update: Ok, I think there might be a problem with how the Trophy is being awarded. And now that I can see the how the Trophy is set up, I think I've figured out how the Trophy is being awarded and why some people who have logged in today, haven't received a trophy yet, including me.

The user needs to log in today and post 5 times today, while using the White Day theme. The trophy system doesn't seem to count retroactive posts from previous days. So you must post 5 times today for the trophy to be awarded to you, if the Trophy settings stay the same.

Update 2: Scratch that. Trophy system is just really slow. Most trophy systems are a lot faster than that.

#11 Vashnik, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2017
  12. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I like the theme. I will guess eventually when the forum theme updates it will have the day and night cycle.

13. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    We've gotta keep this freakin' theme! Too good!

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Meanwhile in South Florida I'm melting my butt off

15. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    The only thing I noticed is the trophy isn't being awarded to some people. I have logged in multiple times over the course of the day but the trophy was not awarded and I am pretty sure more than 12 hours has passed since I first logged in while the white day theme is active. It could just be very slow or the trophy is just not being awarded.

16. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    WHAT THE HELL IS WHITE DAY!?
    SOMEONE HELP ME IM LOSING MY MIND!

17. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    #17 Crazy Potato, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  18. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I think there may be an issue with the automatic distribution of trophies (or I didn't meet the requirements to get the trophy).

19. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    It was really good looking, it surprised me when I got on.

20. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    ah it's a valentines day thing?