Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Gamer Burns Figures Over Rule Changes

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by BaconMan8910, Jul 11, 2015.

1. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Games Workshop has recently cancelled a new ruleset for their Warhammer Fantasy tabletop game: Warhammer Fantasy Battle. In it's place, Games Workshop released Warhammer: Age of Sigmar, which introduces new rules that not everyone is entirely thrilled about.

In response, most tabletop gamers would likely express their discontent by not purchasing the new set, sending an email (with lots of frowny faces) to Games Workshop, or just grumble to their friends about the new rules, perhaps opting to not observe rules that they find objectionable. But one YouTuber felt a different approach was in order.

YouTuber "Death Holy Death" protested the new rules by burning his Warhammer miniatures. Perhaps a bit of an overreaction, considering the time spent assembling and painting these figures which are estimated to amount to upwards of $900 USD for his total (now charred) collection.

I find this to be an incredibly silly approach. I've always wanted to collect Warhammer 40K figures, but have refrained from doing so due to the high cost. Had I spent so much money on so many figures, the last thing I would ever consider is destroying them. Surely, selling them would be a much more lucrative option? But then, I suppose, he wouldn't be able to stick it to those no-good writers and executives at Games Workshop. =P

2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    *shakes head*

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Oh right I remember reading this and thinking "What a moron!"

Then D. Wade left Miami to Chicago and I seriusly contemplated burning my $100+ jersey so...
    Kind of understand the feel.
    (It's in the garage behind a bunch of containers out of sight!)

4. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    The cost alone keeps me out of actually playing any warhammer. Not that that stopped me from spending abotu the same amount of money on Warmachine xD

Still I don't think I'd ever destroy my figures simply due to rulebook changes. Just play with the old addition or homebrew rules to fix what you odn't like. It isn't like WotC can stop you.