Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Future Elimination Games

Discussion in 'Elimination Games' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Well in that case wouldn’t it be better to just go with fool? Seems a bit limiting to ONLY do fool characters with Cowlicks.

Agreed.

2. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    You all missed my point. I was just pointing out the similarities between ahoges and fool. As REd mentioned, there are a few characters that are not fools that have an ahoge. That was part of my definition but it looks like my phone didn't paste that part. If the theme fools wins, as it looks like it will, I have a feeling there will be a fair amount of nominees with ahoges. And just for the record, a 'cow-lick' is typically on the front or side of the head. An ahoge is traditionally located at the top of the head.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    And just for the record, a ‘cow-lick’ is typically on the front or side of the head. An ahoge is traditionally located at the top of the head.

The most common site of a cowlick is in the crown. That's typically where the growth direction of the hair forms a spiral pattern.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    It looks like there is most interest in fools then.

5. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I know it's a bit early to be talking about May but I had an idea for the May competition.

Maychination

a play on machination-a scheming or crafty action or artful design intended to accomplish some usually evil end but not necessarily.

So basically it would be a month for the best plotter or schemer. Like father from FMA:B or Shiroe from Log Horizon.

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I know it’s a bit early to be talking about May but I had an idea for the May competition.

Maychination

a play on machination-a scheming or crafty action or artful design intended to accomplish some usually evil end but not necessarily.

So basically it would be a month for the best plotter or schemer. Like father from FMA:B or Shiroe from Log Horizon.

Not sure if Red agrees but I think discussing possible themes a month in advance gets us well prepared for the next game.

My suggestion for May, if we're not repeating Magical May, is Militaristic May. We nominate characters in any branch of the military or military-esque organization.

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    That could be an interesting idea as well.

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah we could have it pretty loose too as far as what we deemed militaristic type organizations.

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah we could have it pretty loose too as far as what we deemed militaristic type organizations.

I'd say they'd need some kinda organized army at the very least and preferably be in control of a country or be trying to take one over.

Anything less would just be a gang or random group of some kind.

10. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sporadic wrote:

I’d say they’d need some kinda organized army at the very least and preferably be in control of a country or be trying to take one over.

Anything less would just be a gang or random group of some kind.

I would include paramilitary, i.e. militias and mercenary groups in addition to standing national or rebel armies. Also paramilitary and special military organizations which rival the size and organization of militia and mercenary groups which may not exist explicitly for traditional warfare, but who are loyal to or are a branch of a certain faction and exist for special militaristic operations (Hellsing, for example. (police organizations excluded, including SWAT and police SRT, due to the non-combat purpose for their existence)).

11. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Do we have an idea of what we want next month's theme to be? Also, I feel as one of the slight cofounder of Moevember, I'll make/run next month's game, if there's no objections. I'll let whoever finish this months (I think Thatrandomginger is doing so) as I don't know where we are in that elimination.

12. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    I second that "evil genius" thing that was mentioned before, if that helps?

13. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Ill let you run it kiri, but i do have a few suggestions i want to try for may

14. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Ill let you run it kiri, but i do have a few suggestions i want to try for may

And what would your suggestions be?

15. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Well just a few: Musical May(character who sing, perform or play instruments in at least one episode) Mayhem May (craziest or most destructive character) MasterMind May (anime villian/hero geniuses) Monster May (monsters or characters with monster forms). I'll let you know if i come up with more

16. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight Look at dat first one of Ginger's. ;)
    Oh, and Ginger, we had a monster-type thing last October. ;P

So shall I start a vote thing? Even if we don't end up voting?

Military - 0

Music - 0

Mayhem - 0

Mastermind - 1
    Mafiacow

Hehe, all dese ems...
    Oh, and I could probably be easily pushed to change my vote to music or mayhem. ;P

17. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Do we have an idea of what we want next month’s theme to be? Also, I feel as one of the slight cofounder of Moevember, I’ll make/run next month’s game, if there’s no objections. I’ll let whoever finish this months (I think Thatrandomginger is doing so) as I don’t know where we are in that elimination.

I was going to let @Sir-Maddy and Ginger run these from now on. Since he's shown enthusiasm in doing his side games and that would also fall under Maddy's new staff title. If you'd like to do them with Maddy, or with Ginger, or with the three of you; of if Ginger wants to continue doing it by himself you guys should discuss it amongst yourselves. It's up to you guys to decide how its going to happen since all three of you had an interest. It takes more than some people think to run these so if you three decide to do them together than perfect. Although I do think the community based decision on the themes is still the best choice.

Military – 1

Music – 0

Mayhem – 0

Mastermind – 1

18. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I was going to let Sir-Maddy and Ginger run these from now on. Since he’s shown enthusiasm in doing his side games and that would also fall under Maddy’s new staff title. If you’d like to do them with Maddy, or with Ginger, or with the three of you; of if Ginger wants to continue doing it by himself you guys should discuss it amongst yourselves. It’s up to you guys to decide how its going to happen since all three of you had an interest. It takes more than some people think to run these so if you three decide to do them together than perfect. Although I do think the community based decision on the themes is still the best choice.

Military – 1

Music – 0

Mayhem – 0

Mastermind – 1

Well Ginger said he'd be okay with me running it. If Maddy wants to take up the games though, she's more than welcome to. I just figured I'd step up as I felt a staff member should at least oversee the "official" games, but now that's part of a staff position.

19. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Military we could do, but I'd say only restrict it to individuals in the military (You know, Sergeants, captains, soliders etc.) and no mercenary groups.
    Mastermind can be hard, because a genius villain is hard to come by.
    Music feels like a generic one, and I feel as though most people will nominate the most popular ones, and one episode seems a bit silly, how about the ones who actually play music, because then @mafiacow could nominate Haruhi with that rule.
    Mayhem is a tricky one, as we'd have to restrict characters who only do little to no damage, and the amount who do the most amount of damage would not make 32 nominations.

Military – 1

Music – 1

Mayhem – 0

Mastermind – 1

20. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Military we could do, but I’d say only restrict it to individuals in the military (You know, Sergeants, captains, soliders etc.) and no mercenary groups.
    Mastermind can be hard, because a genius villain is hard to come by.
    Music feels like a generic one, and I feel as though most people will nominate the most popular ones, and one episode seems a bit silly, how about the ones who actually play music, because then mafiacow could nominate Haruhi with that rule.
    Mayhem is a tricky one, as we’d have to restrict characters who only do little to no damage, and the amount who do the most amount of damage would not make 32 nominations.

Oh! Oh! How about for music, we have it open to both characters and groups? That way, I could nominate ENOZ. ^_^

Military – 1

Music – 2

Mayhem – 0

Mastermind – 0