Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[FMA Brotherhood] Closer To The Manga?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by BaconMan8910, Sep 19, 2013.

1. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how credible this is, but I've heard that FMAB follows more closely the FMA manga than the original FMA anime series.  I've never read the manga myself.

I've never really been the type to be like "the book was so much better", I know that things don't always transfer from paper to animation perfectly.  In this case, however, I feel the series was much improved over the original FMA anime and if it is more closely following the manga this is certainly a case of being the better for it.

2. Severus Shiny Legendary Pokemon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I don’t know how credible this is, but I’ve heard that FMAB follows more closely the FMA manga than the original FMA anime series. I’ve never read the manga myself.

I’ve never really been the type to be like “the book was so much better”, I know that things don’t always transfer from paper to animation perfectly. In this case, however, I feel the series was much improved over the original FMA anime and if it is more closely following the manga this is certainly a case of being the better for it.

@baconman8910, yes FMAB does follow the manga more closely than just FMA. The reason for this is because when making the original FMA the manga was still ongoing, this is why the beginnings are pretty much the same and the only real difference is after a few episodes. So when the anime finally caught up to the manga they decided to write their own story and thus diverged.

When the reboot for FMA finally came out (FMAB), the manga had ended, and so they could follow it all the way.

though, i feel both are worth watching. FMA first then FMAB.

3. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the clarification.  I would certainly agree that both are worth watching.  However, I feel that FMA:B is the superior series.  I feel it flows better and is more well done overall.  Plus I think it has the best ending.  Idk that I would agree about the order in which to watch them.  I watched FMA:B first and then FMA.  I thoroughly enjoyed both.  I'm not sure it matters which order you watch them in, I would imagine it's all up to preference.  But that is certainly an interesting thought.

4. Severus Shiny Legendary Pokemon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the clarification. I would certainly agree that both are worth watching. However, I feel that FMA:B is the superior series. I feel it flows better and is more well done overall. Plus I think it has the best ending. Idk that I would agree about the order in which to watch them. I watched FMA:B first and then FMA. I thoroughly enjoyed both. I’m not sure it matters which order you watch them in, I would imagine it’s all up to preference. But that is certainly an interesting thought.

Well the only reason i say to watch them that way would be so that people don't go into FMA thinking its like FMAB. not to mention it's shorter than Brotherhood.

5. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Sure, FMAB did follow a lot more with the manga that FMA1 did, but that does not necessarily make it a bad thing. FMA1 was actually pretty good for a semi-original story

6. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sure, FMAB did follow a lot more with the manga that FMA1 did, but that does not necessarily make it a bad thing. FMA1 was actually pretty good for a semi-original story

Yeah, I'm not saying that FMA's difference from the manga is a bad thing.  Was just curious.  I do, however, prefer FMAB's story and feel that the series as a whole is stronger.