Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Final Fantasy VII Remake Updates

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Vladnyx, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Good Point but I think with Caityn Jenner we should accept Cloud as a Xdresser ... It is Socially acceptable now! And also I bet he will look stunning :p

2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    The funny thing is, there is the possibility that Cloud will look better than Tifa and Aerith, in that part. Man, just imagine Cloud in HD detail on that part.

3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If they don't want to piss off the fans, then they'll likely keep that option open. With voice acting, it's going to be pretty funny to for the Don Corneo part for sure. The Cloud x Barret date is going to be a whole lot more awkward for them. Don't forget that if you managed to get Yuffie before the date event, you can possibly even get a Cloud x Yuffie date. But since they added voice acting, there's always that possibility they might cut out some of the fun alternatives. Hopefully, they'll keep everything from the original when they design it for the remake without altering too much from the original.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    SO what do you guys think of an episodic release? I think it sucks

5. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Yea that would suck big time Just give me the whole freaking game you cheapskate!!

6. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Here to bring you some more news updates fellas.

Square Enix announced via a press release on Sunday regarding its upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake game, which stated that the game "will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience." Takashi Mochizuki, a tech reporter at The Wall Street Journal, posted on Twitter on Saturday that the data for the remake game is "so huge" that "the software will be split into several titles (for example, FF7-Remake 1, FF7-Remake 2)." He added that the game will feature new scene additions, but that the "basic story scenario" will remain the same. As for my input I don't feel it'll be that bad. To me this means we should be seeing as much of the original Final Fantasy VII if not all of it I hope. Still price does have me slightly concerned but it's way to early to make assumptions yet.

For a nice side by side GameXplain YouTube channel began streaming a video giving a slowed down, side-by-side comparison of the scenes shown in Final Fantasy VII Remake's latest trailer and how they appeared in Square Enix's original Final Fantasy VII game. Got to give these folks credit. Really portrays how far things have come over the years.

Now for some news on what engine the game will be running on. I'm sure most of you have already guessed it but yes it's running on Unreal Engine 4. Developer and engine creator Epic Games announced on Monday that Square Enix is developing the game using Unreal Engine 4. Aside from that this is all the news I have to share for now.

7. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Episodic releases don't bother me too much. For Final Fantasy VII though, they better not be $60 per episode. They better be around the range of $15 - $20.

As for the engine they're using, I wonder if that means a PC version wouldn't be too far behind. If a PC release does come shortly after, I wonder if they'll keep the in-game developer console or if they'll completely disable that. I know a lot of Unreal-based games released to PC had a developer console in the game and rarely were they ever disabled or removed. Others probably were disabled by default and enabled through a switch/argument via shortcut or command-line, but none of the ones I have played have been removed completely from the PC games that used the Unreal Engine.

8. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Yes episodic release prob won't bother me all that much. As for the price I don't want to see anything over $40. I'm that big a fan, and if there is a lot of gameplay content then I can justify paying that price. If not then I have to agree with you.

Now pertaining to the engine they're using i'm keeping my hopes up that there'll be a PC version sometime following up on PS4's release(Really would like to play it in 4k). As if they'll keep the in-game developer console if there is even a PC release i'm certain they will. Can't see many fans being happy with that option being disabled. And as for what else you said iv'e got to agree.

9. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really can't justify $40 per episode for FFVII. $25 is the most I would be willing to pay per episode of FFVII. Can you imagine if they released each disc as an episode? $40 per epsiode turns into $120 for the entire game. If there were extra content added to each episode to enhance the experience in the game, which bled into a "forth disc" that can increase the price to $160. That's a heavy amount of money for a single player game. If it were something like Starcraft, where you had the single player campaign for each release and the multiplayer released with each version, then I could see paying more, because the multiplayer feature has been added for each "episode" and each episode's multiplayer introduced a new unit unique to that episode. Starcraft II used to be expansion-based, now they have been patched to be played stand-alone, so you could now skip Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm and immediately jump into Legacy of the Void without ever installing the first two (you would still need to install the others to play their campaigns though). Most games sold whole are priced at $60 these days. I can't see myself paying more than $75 for FFVII, no matter how bad I want it. I was similar with Fallout 4, but because I knew just how terrible Bethesda was at programming their games. Either I would get the Pip-Boy Edition and get something unique out of it for a bit more money, or I would simply wait until Fallout 4's standard price dropped. I wasn't going to pay $60 for a standard game and be disappointed with Bethesda's lack of programming ability and I certainly wasn't going to give scalpers the satisfaction of raping my bank account so they can make money off of someone else's hard work.

As for the developer console and whether fans will like that or not is actually debatable. There are purists out there and then there are the modders and those who love to powerhouse their characters for a different experience. Ultimately, one or the other will be unhappy with Square-Enix's PC release. Hopefully it doesn't discourage them to make a PC release, cause even when I do get the PS4 version, I'm just as likely to get the PC version as well just to fool around in customizing my FFVII experience.

10. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    That's a mouth full. Nah i'm just fooling. You do make a very valid point. Still there are going to be those of us who would be willing to pay more and well i'm one of them. At this point it's a waiting game. You can only speculate how they'll actually market the game when it's launched. I'm not going to make waves by saying that $40 per episode isn't a lot, because it is a lot. All that i'm saying is to me I personally would pay that amount if I had to. However I wouldn't pay anything above that regardless of how bad I wanted it unless there was added incentives. Face it we all want things for less. It's just sometimes things are beyond our control for a while.

11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    "Several" titles?

I hope the hype train came loaded with a lot of milk or else this will turn up really dry

12. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    @Vashnik
    @Vladnyx

You know what as long as i get 40 hours per episode of playing time i will be ok with episodic.....

I mean it cant be worse then the order 1885 80$ for 5 hours game play..... and no multiplayer either...

13. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    well we are just going to have to see what happens, I don't really what to pay three times to play I game I love from my childhood but my wallet wont say no, also if they cut content because "they cant do it" they shouldn't be adding in more content, taking away from the old game that we all know and love. And Cloud's cross dressing sences

14. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Although I agree with you where I would love to have all of the game in one and for the regular price of 80$. If episodic gives as the whole content with even more than I am ok with that

I mean Technically Mass Effect series was episodic and It was a great game in my opinion.... and I also got 40 hours of playing time per game which is a good investment for me anyways as long as I dont have to spend 80$ for 5 hours game play I am going to be ok...

15. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I just want to get buying the game over with. Also, what happens if the episodic game is cancelled midway for some pitiful reason? I could change my mind though if gameplay is long and detailed, like what Cpt_K3nny and Delta refer to.

Anyway, I am almost completely immune to hype. That way, I will not be disappointed too badly. I just hate to hear my brother get hyped about a game, talk nonstop about it, and find the game is junk that still needs tons of updates that he must get almost each and every time. However he has no interest in FF7, so I won't need to hear every detail on its development. Lucky me.

(game I refer to is The Forest)

16. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

So from what I gather from this latest post is.....

1. That there is something wrong with your brother because he is not excited like a little school girl about FFVII remake.... :p

2.I know what you mean doh Ive been excited about something to only be desapointed later about it
    For Example

Every year till I was 15 i always was excited for Santa Clause then 16 hit and I was told he does not really exist.... Crushed me and took me several years to really like Christmas again... :p Altho I am still pumped for FFVII :) :p