Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Final Fantasy VII Remake Updates

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Vladnyx, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Sony posted a four-minute interview video on Saturday with Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitaseabout the Final Fantasy VII Remake game. In the video, Kitase discusses the history of Final Fantasy, and discusses the battle system in theFinal Fantasy VII Remake game, stating:

I can't say the new game is completely action-based, but it has more of that element and real-time than the previous game. However, what makes Final Fantasy and RPG different from other games is that the players have the ability to choose weapons, capabilities, and magic to be strategic-minded, so while the new game has more real-time element, it will also maintain that strategy building element, balancing these two factors perfectly to enhance the gaming experience.

Final Fantasy VII Remake will debut first on PlayStation 4. Tetsuya Nomura is returning to direct the game, and Kazushige Nojima is also returning to writing the scenario. Square Enix showed some of the remake's first gameplay footage at PlayStation Experience on Saturday. Square Enix also revealed on Saturday that its Mobius Final Fantasy smartphone game is getting a collaboration with Final Fantasy VII Remake. Those who log in to the game will receive Sephiroth's Masamune sword.
    Mobius Final Fantasy launched in Japan in June for iOS and Android devices.

Square Enix also unveiled the first gameplay teaser for the remake of its Final Fantasy VII role-playing game at PlayStation Experience 2015 on Saturday. After presenting the trailer with English voices, the company posted the Japanese version online:

Both versions of the teaser shows work in progress footage, set to the "Opening — Bombing Mission" track from the "Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy" concerts. The game will debut first on PlayStation 4. Tetsuya Nomura is returning to direct the game, andKazushige Nojima is also returning to writing the scenario.

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, hell yeah! It looks like they're incorporating the Crisis Core type battle system, which at first was annoying because I had to get used to a new system, but once I got used to it, I absolutely loved it. I think it was also the Kingdom Hearts battle system before that. I'm sure the system has been improved since Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core, but it looks like it's going to be very well done if they stick to that system and I won't have to get used to yet another system they came up with.

I wasn't surprised they would start off with the PlayStation 4 though. The PS3 has already come and gone (now that the PS4 came out a while back) and they gambled on skipping over that system when they released the tech demo for it. I have Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for PS4 (and I still don't have a PS4 yet), Final Fantasy VII's remake will now encourage me to hurry up and save get a PS4 so it will be ready the day FFVII's remake gets released, if they don't eventually port it to PC. Right now, I only have the one PS4 game and I've been holding off on getting the console system, even though I wanted to eventually get Killzone: Shadow Fall as well. I'm just glad they're not going with the Xbox One with this game since it was originally a PlayStation exclusive title for a while until Eidos made the PC port for it.

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    That's what it looks like. I thought they might go about incorporating the Crisis Core type battle system. It's not fully turn based but but still derives on it's mechanic. As for being annoying I didn't feel that way. It was very easy to pick up on at least for me anyway. Certainly for a next gen game and as much time an as big a title as this is you know they'll nail this system.

I'm also not surprised they started off with the PS4. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be a exclusive. Iv'e long since given up on consoles and moved to PC gaming only. So really hope it gets a PC launch at some point. Still now may be the time since PS4's got a stronger processor now. Still it's to early to tell. But from what little gameplay we got to see in the trailer it looks fantastic. The graphics are breath taking, gameplay ran smoothly, and for once I didn't have the voice actors. Feel they really brought the 2d to 3d very well. I'll certainly be keeping eyes & ears open for any new news related to this though.

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Was that Jessie!?
    Cloud x Jessie confirmed!!! I KNEW IT!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Come on Square! Rewrite the plot and alter the last screenshot! You know we don't really need Tifa if you think about it...

Also I can't tell what the "gameplay" trailer shows. What's the battle system? At least it looked like the game I know and remember and that's a great thing.

5. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Cannot wait for this game to come out. Its going to be EPIC!

6. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Must have been heartbreaking to lose Jessie. I played the game and I already know that heartbreak feeling. I think that single heartbreak moment would prevent me from playing the remake, even though it may be a really good game,and that I really like Final Fantasy VII.

7. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    So, apparently Square Enix has stated that the remake will be released in multiple parts.

Why? just why?

8. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I can think of a worse part if you catch my drift. Something even more heartbreaking.

9. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Like the Death of

The Death of the beautiful Aeris??

10. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Yes

11. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I must admit that scene is one of the most epic scene in video game History hope they remake it well....so many emotions at once.....

12. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Not going to lie but that scene made me cry and rage all at the same time. I spent the extra time to get that last limit. I'm not sure how my heart is going to take it in 3d,voice actor, and Q the sad music. Oh it's going to be awful

13. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Yea its going to be sad as hell but epic as well :) i just rhymed :p

14. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    That part of the game was like having someone rip out your fiance's heart while you are hugging her. Utterly sudden, unexpected, painful.I usually keep an eye out for anything predictable, so it really struck me hard. I do not think I could watch that happen, again. :(

15. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well this thread got depressing quickly. lol

It might be released as an exclusive for probably a year from the release date in Japan to see how well the remake sells. Sony did have the original exclusively* for at least 1 full year on the PlayStation 1 from the Japanese release date until the first official PC port was released by Eidos.

I say exclusively because the N64 cartridges were just simply inferior for storing the required data compared to the CD-ROM format that the PlayStation had. PC wasn't a popular gaming system during that time either. The PS4 is basically a cheaper gaming computer solution which increases their chance of reaching a broader market (at least in Japan). Microsoft still doesn't have a strong foothold in Japan, which is probably a big factor in their decision. Now it's 2015, and almost everyone has a computer, but the hardware requirements also increased for certain games so I think that also had some influence in the decision to release it on PlayStation 4 (and for now, exclusively). I think I'd meet at least the minimum requirements with my current gaming PC if and when they decide to port it to PC. I'd still get it for the PS4 for nostalgia's sake. FFVII was what influenced me into getting my PlayStation One in the first place.

16. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    @Vashnik

I think this game influenced a lot of us in our Hay Days..... It truly was a great game! :)

17. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Is Aeris the bar girl with the flat chest that steals your materia halfway through the game?

Final Fantasy VII Episode 4-2 : Search for the Ancient Temple
    $19.99
    Release date: Summer 2019

18. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be yuffie. The teenage ninja that everyone (the characters) start ignoring once they manage to get her to join the party. lol

19. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I still hope that they keep the part in the game were you get to take Barret on a date instead of Tifa or Aeris....:) just for the hell of it!

20. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Also how would Cloud look in the crossdressing part? There's no way out of this one, Don Corneo is actually relevant to the plot line!

• Like Like x 1