Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by minisiets, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Azraled Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    So happy f/sn is back again. That wait was killing me.

2. Azraled Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    WHO SAW THE NEW EPISODE OH MY GOD, MIND FREAKING BLOWN.
    HOLY CRAP.

3. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    OK it's time for me to come clean. They fucked up this season ROYALLY. All of the fights were ruined with shoddy animation; what little of it there was that is, because ufotable CONSTANTLY had to interrupt them with pointless repetitious dialogue every god damn minute. They literally copy-pasta'd a clip of Rin shouting Sieben! only a few minutes apart in the very same episode. The anime original content was largely mediocre and broke up the pacing too much. The Archer versus Shirou confrontation was stretched over THREE episodes, and yet astonishingly with all that time allotted, there was barely any actual fighting in it, because Archer had to constantly pause every 10 seconds to reiterate to Shirou how much he hates him instead of actually doing something about it. So much stalling; so much lackluster execution. The DEEN movie actually one-upped all the fights in the second season except Berserker versus Gil and Gae Bolg versus Rho Aias, but even then Ufo's version of Rho Aias creates a plot hole because Archer is severely injured but in the very next scene is perfectly-clothed without a scratch on him. And to top it off we get sperm dolphins. To be fair, the original H scene in the VN was never that great either; it was just awkward, but the Realta Nua rendition of this scene is worse because it's dull and doesn't really establish Rin and Shirou's closeness sufficiently enough. But Ufotable went with it anyway and didn't even bother to improve.

Honestly at this point, if anime only viewers want the best UBW experience, watch season one of UBW and then just finish the remainder with the movie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So much for Unlimited Budget Works! I'm done.

Sorry, I know I'm very salty, but I can't help it. I call it like I see it, and I have very little patience for nonsense like this. I don't care about ufotable's established pedigree. I am unimpressed and they ruined a great narrative.

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Still 10000x better than DEEN's adaptation & animation. I'm starting to think that Fate/Stay Night just isn't a series good for adapting.

5. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Season 1? Definitely yes. Post-season 1? Definitely NO. DEEN did a better job both narratively and even from an animation standpoint in the second half of UBW.

I don't see why it couldn't be adapted properly. Ufotable was doing fine until they just got lazy and sloppy with the second season. Had they continued with the standard they set in season one, it would not have been perfect, but certainly worthy complementary material to the VN.

6. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    By the way if any of you were holding out for Liam to come back as Archer in the English dub, NOPE. Dub is up on Netflix right now, and Archer's new voice is laughable. It's really too bad because Mela Lee is still doing a very good job as Tohsaka.

What a trainwreck.