Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Experimentals (reboot)

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Miss Elegent Serenity, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Masato, looking dazed and confused, looked around bleary-eyed at the strange new place he found himself in.
    "Wha...what's going on? How did I get here and who--"
    Just as he was getting his bearings, a voice called out to him and he looked to where it came from. He saw the man that the voice belonged to and even though he did indeed have questions as the man guessed, Masato just nodded and tried to follow along.
    "At this point, I should be used to all kinds of weird, crazy things happening, but...this takes it to a whole new level. Where am I?"
    He was a little sluggish as he tried to follow along, still feeling disoriented from the dimensional shift, which he still didn't even realize had just taken place.

"You're gonna what--"
    Before he could even finish, the man had thrown him into a nearby crate. Masato, now more confused than ever, gave a weary sigh as he waited for the mysterious stranger to come back.
    "I just want this day to end. So much."

"I thought I WAS going to safety!"
    Masato kept that thought to himself and simply nodded.
    "Right, okay."
    He got to his feet and kept pace with the man. He didn't even realize that they were still in danger, so he hesitated to ask any questions.
    "I get the feeling he's trying to help...but why do I need help in the first place? Is there something I'm missing? Do I even want to know why I need help? And for that matter, what did he do to me when he tackled me to the ground?"
    He kept these questions in the back of his mind for now. Still, as he was following along, there was one thing he had to know.
    "Hey, just tell me this and I'll save the rest for later. Are the others okay?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The masked figure saw that the group was making their way to a dinghy towards the end of the dock, minus the one man who disappeared suddenly. He wasn't too concerned about it and continued on as usual.
    "I think that's my cue to exit stage right."
    He slipped the high-tech mask he had with him over his face and activated its thermal imaging mode. He noticed two heat signatures some distance away from both himself and the group that were stationary, most likely in hiding. Despite his suspicions about who or what might be over there, he had to leave it alone for now.

"If I take the time to investigate, there's a very real chance that the boat could leave without me."
    With that in mind, he came out from his hiding spot and stared making his way to the boat, taking the long way around to pick off some guards and avoid detection from his fellow escapees. He pulled out his rifle, which was equipped with a suppressor, and quietly gunned down two guards around the corner who were scouting the area. He then pressed himself against a nearby storage crate after picking up three more signatures around the corner. He waited a few moments for a better shot and when it came, he took his chance and opened fire, killing all three of them in short order.

Now that he was getting closer, he wouldn't be able to keep himself hidden for much longer. Although he hadn't even realized it yet, his armor kept him hidden from Argon's thermal imaging system, but he was sure to run into them as they made their way to the boat.
    "Let me see...yes, this should do nicely."
    He remembered that the suit supposedly came equipped with an experimental cloaking device. He soon found that particular function of the suit and activated it, rendering him almost completely invisible to the human eye as well as most scanning devices. It would be almost impossible for him to be spotted from a distance and even up close, one would only catch small glimpses of a vaguely human-shaped form that blended in almost perfectly with its surroundings. In essence, light was bending around him to create near-perfect camouflage over his entire body.
    "Perfect. I'll be nearly impossible to find in all of this chaos."

He began running towards the boat, though not at full speed as he still had to step lightly. Even if the others couldn't see him, they would still hear him if he was too loud, though even that was unlikely given the circumstances. He saw Leah in the boat and while still cloaked, climbed in and crouched down next to her, keeping his gun aimed towards the island in case more guards wandered too close to the dock. Since Leah would undoubtedly be aware of his presence by now and the energy cell in his cloaking device could only last for so long, he deactivated it and briefly turned to her.
    "Stay calm and be quiet. I'm here to make sure that you get off this island in one piece, miss Leah."
    Offering no more of an explanation than that, he turned back towards the island and waited for the others to come.

2. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    "The others are fine so long as you're continuing to be the bait. We will go to my house and lay low there, I cannot have you interfering in this world just yet." as Damien said this, He took notice of where he was, It was a coffee shop, a small and not to shabby place, It was one of those indie shops that no one really went to other than the locals, it was called Bean Roasters. they got quality Colombian coffee beans, and the smell was intoxicating to coffee drinkers. motioning his head to the left he let Masato know they were going to go there. coming up to the corner Damien ordered a coffee, 4 sugars and cream. he waited and let Masato order what he wanted before paying and going to a parasol table.

upon sitting down, Masato took a seat adjacent to him.

"Now, Masato, My name is Damien. Being cautious is a good thing, especially when a stranger knows your name. However, we're not strangers. I know every mistake you ever made in your life, and everything that would have made you successful, but you chose the moral high ground, because you're a generous and kind soul. that being said, I am a Dimension walker, and this is the first time I met the real version of you. You see, each version of you originates from what happens to you in the main world, If you die in the main timeline. Every timeline following you will also die in. I have witnessed your death, A dozen times or so. However, I knew I was powerless to do anything in each scenario. My connection to the origin dimension may be limited, but, I know in order to preserve your life, I need to protect the origin point..." Pausing for a moment to take a sip of his coffee, he had to think carefully. upon placing it down.

"However, the problem that exist within my thinking, isn't the thought process itself, it is the fact the hunter is not after you. He is after me, in fact he has no Idea that you have any abilities of your own quite yet. He just knows that I will protect you due to our friendship in the other worlds. This hunter, I have no idea who he is. The clues I have gathered is that he was a frat brother of mine, He challenged me to enter a seemingly abandoned building, and I was tied and strapped down. almost killed, they taught me to control my dreams, which I believe is how I became so adept to traversing so many dimensions." Taking another pause he exhaled.

"I know you still have Questions. if you need to ask any, Please do, for now we are blending in with the inhabitants of this world, They don't notice anything is wrong. I chose this world mainly because, your alternate self is dead. It wasn't covered in the news because you have no one in this world. Just yourself. Once we finish our coffees we will go out for new clothing. So now is the time to ask questions."

"You always were a clever one, Damien. Not the brightest but clever."

The man realized he had fell for a trick that he had used himself to keep his trail cold from any other people who inherited the ability to cross dimensions.

3. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    As bran made his way to the boat he saw for a split second masato disappearing, then nothing. He blinked repeatedly at what he saw, his alley was there one moment, then gone the next. As guards approached to put out the fire strange beams struck them from the same spot. Someone taking them on from a distance? I'll take what i can get but what happened to masato! Bran had made his way to the dingy before jumping into it and placing the key in the ignition. He turned around taking a look at where Agron, Grey and Leah were when he spotted a strange man next to her. He decided to confront the man while he waiting for the other two to get to the boat. Damn it i don't have time for another stand off....
    "Just who are you and are you friendly, answer quick I don't have time to wait for a drawn out answer" Bran pointed his pistol at the man

OoT: @Dungeon Master that be Claus he's pointed at

4. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Leah felt the boat move as if someone was stepping on it, but at first she didnt see anyone. She really didn't look to hard as she was focused on what was going on with the others. Next thing she knew a random guy appeared next to her, this startled her and caused her to jump. He then spoke to her using her name
    "H-how did you know my name?"
    it was at that point bran arrived on the boat and noticed the new member. Leah kept reminding herself to remain calm and was fighting hard not to freak out with everything going on. Every once in a while a spark of lightning would appear around her

5. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Masato listened to Damien in stunned silence. He clutched his head with his right hand, trying to take in everything at once. It was scary, confusing, overwhelming and none of it sounded real, it all sounded too ridiculous to be true. He wanted to believe it wasn't true, that this man was just some kind of insane stalker or something like that, but with everything he's seen today, it's hard to rule out anything as possible. Before he got to this island, he would've thought that the idea of people having superpowers was insane and impossible, but he's seen them with his own eyes and he's even used some kind of power himself. At this point, anything seemed possible, but the story that Damien told him was too much to take all at once. He held his face in his hands, taking a deep breath in and letting it out to try to calm his nerves. His hands slipped back and grabbed the back of his head as he groaned slightly. After hanging his head for a little while, he raised looked up again and took a few sips from his drink, then he looked up to Damien, ready to ask what was on his mind.
    "So...let me see if I've got this right. We're in a different world right now, like how people go to alternate dimensions in some crazy sci-fi movie? And...in this world, universe or whatever, I'm...already dead. But that wasn't the real "me" because I'm the real me from the real world, right? Oh man, my head's starting to hurt again."

He took a quick break and continued.
    "So I'm from the "main world" and in that world, I'm in danger because some kind of hunter is after me, because you and I are-- or, I guess were-- friends in these other worlds and he's using me to get to you. Am I getting it right so far? So if we're hiding out in this world...wait, why do we even need to hide if you took us to a completely different dimension? Oh...oh, I think I've just found my first question."
    He wasn't sure if he wanted to know the answer, but he knew he had to ask.
    "Can that hunter guy follow us here? Does he do the dimension-moving-thing that you do, too? You did say that he's your "frat brother" or something. And...this one's a little hard to ask, but I've gotta know."
    He swallowed hard.
    "How...how did I die in all these other worlds? Was it the hunter?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

The masked figure hardly paid any attention to Bran as he kept his focus on searching for guards.
    "A quick answer? I can do that. If I wanted you dead, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."
    He saw a lone guard running past and picked him off with his rifle.
    "So you're Bran, the pyrokinetic, is that right? Charmed, I'm sure. Now, would you mind putting that thing down?"
    His responses were dry and sarcastic; he was hardly even fazed by having a gun pointed at him. However, when sparks started forming around Leah, he immediately took notice and turned towards her.
    "Stay calm. I'm not going to hurt you so I'd appreciate it if you could return the favor. How I know your name isn't important right now, let's just say that I have my sources, alright?"

6. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    "In the simplest terms that I can put it to you, you're the origin of each individual that has been created in each of these worlds. Say you're faced with a decisions, If you should help a women cross the road, or if you should ignore her and continue. It created a timeline in each of which you did the exact opposite of your reaction in the main world. Meaning you may or may not have helped an old woman across the street. It is fairly complex to understand... As for the fact that you're dead in this reality I cannot allow you to stay here for extended periods of time as we will collapse this reality within itself and I will find a new one that you're still alive in, if you're alive it won't try to rewrite your existence you will simply take the place of the alternate version of you and contain to memory of that world."

Damien, was unsettled about the question about Masato's deaths but took note of them before he continued talking.

"The Hunter, Was forced into similar treatment as me is what I am guessing. He is just as adept as me and I can sense his presence when he enters any reality that I exist in. I am just more Lucid. The reason we were capable of being safe for the moment was because I opened a new dimension for him to enter. I closed it immediately after, he cannot trace us back unless he leaps over and over. He is persistent, And he wants to kill me. That is because I am known among the scientist that twisted me as the creator, the origin, father of realities. I am the reason that someone who can dimension walk other than me exist." he paused, giving the most thorough answers possible.

Damien, shifted in his seat, his face turned somber, if you really paid attention you could see he was hurt. When he spoke his voice was melancholy.

"As for your deaths... I've seen you shot, stabbed, eaten alive by rats, drowned, and burned alive. I've heard your screams many times, Knowing I could do nothing to stop it drove me to a point of madness. But I knew it wasn't the origin version of you. In fact... You're not going to like this but I will have to eventually use you as bait."

7. Nejat Defender of the Morgue

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Irene continues to stalk.

8. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    As he picked off the guard he got an answer or at least the start of one.
    "Pyro-what?? Nevermind that, when we get outta this you've got alot of explaining to do, unless you like being filled with lead." Bran shook his head while still eyeing the man. He didn't have time for a fire fight or waiting as once the fire was quelled the guards would turn their attention to why it started, and they would be found. With the man ignoring his question of who he was he decided to as a more forward answer.
    "Since you won't say who you are can we at least get a name to call you? Or would you prefer being suit man number 2"

9. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Arc had enough of the annoying blip that followed them.
    "You go on Grey, I need to do something."

"I'm not going witho- OW!"
    Arc slapped her on the butt with one of his shocking hands, making her yelp in surprise.
    "HEY!"
    "I'll be fine! Just get into the boat! I'll get my own if I have to!"
    "But- OW!"
    At the word "but", Arc swatted her again in the place synonymous to the word before turning around and running away, tracking down the odd blip.
    "Fine! See if I care you get killed!"
    Violet, annoyed with him, left him and jumped into the dinghy. Her backside still felt heated from the electric spanking.

OOT: That's not too early, I hope. For the boat, not the spanking.

Arc ran toward the blip, and came to the source: A queer-looking, frail girl with and odd creature with her. He knelt down to her level.

"Come with me, it's not safe here. What's your name?"

10. Nejat Defender of the Morgue

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Irene giggled; she had been found. "Oh I'm very much safe. My name is Irene!"
    Fluff did a swift 360 degrees flip, reminding Irene of his presence.
    "And this here is Fluff!"

11. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    "How cute. I am Argon. Why don't you come with us? This is no place for anyone to stay at."
    Arc beckoned for her to come with them.

12. Nejat Defender of the Morgue

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Irene placed her index finger over her lips, falling deep into thought. A moment later she turned to Fluff and nodded before returning her attention to Arc. "Ok!"

13. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    "Then let's go! Hurry!"
    Arc ran to the dinghy, hoping Irene would follow without any prodding.

14. Nejat Defender of the Morgue

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Irene walked calmly after Arc, Fluff at her heels.

15. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0

After hearing the things he'd just heard about his many deaths, it was quite understandable that Masato gave Damien a horrified and somewhat incredulous look.
    "Uh...yeah, you're right. After hearing all of that, I really don't like the whole bait idea."
    He went to take another sip of his drink but he ended up throwing his head back and chugging the rest. A warm cup of tea always helped him feel better when he was stressed out and even though it probably wasn't going to work, he hoped that drinking the rest of his cup in one go would make him feel better. It worked, but only slightly. Once he finished, he let out a heavy sigh and looked back up at Damien.
    "But hey, it sounds like you've given this a lot of thought and to be honest, I don't have any better ideas. It's funny...from the moment I first tried to escape, I've had a feeling I might end up dead. But if I didn't do anything then I'd probably end up dead anyway, so what have I got to lose, right? But still, hearing it spelled out for me that I've died...a lot...I'll be honest, it's pretty hard to take."

He laughed, but it sounded hollow and sad.
    "You know...I wonder if there's a dimension where I never got caught up in all of this craziness. Maybe if I just made one different choice instead of the other, I wouldn't be here right now."
    He shook his head, a slight smirk on his face.
    "Ah, no use wondering about it now, especially since I'm the 'real' me from the 'real' world. Besides, if I were given the same choices again, I'd probably just make the same ones I did before. I like who I am. If I changed those choices, I wouldn't be the same person. It's like you said, I made some choices that might've held me back in some ways, but they were definitely the right choices to make. And you know what? I wouldn't take them back for anything."

He leaned back in his chair, looking up to the sky for a little bit. He nodded to himself, the outward sign he gave that he'd made his decision. He looked back over to Damien with a slight smile.
    "Alright, I'm gonna trust you on this. I feel like that's what I'd say if we were as good of friends as you said we were, so I'm gonna trust my gut and hope that you've got this all figured out. What's the plan? Whatever you need me to do, I'll give it my best shot."

It's not like Bran could see it through the mask, but the masked figure turned to him briefly with a very unamused expression.
    "A comedian. Wonderful. Very well, I suppose it's only fair since I already know your name. My name is Claus and I would very much prefer that to 'suit man #2' or any other such nickname."
    He turned back to the dock and saw the two other members of the group approaching quickly.

Claus let out a slight groan of frustration as he saw the armor-clad man going back.
    "What is he doing? Idiot. We have no time for this, we should leave right now."
    He gave Violet only the slightest acknowledgement as she boarded the boat, still keeping his attention on Argon.
    "If the three of you insist on waiting for him, I would give him no longer than two minutes. Any more than that and we are putting ourselves in unnecessary danger. Well, even more so than choosing to stay here in the first place, obviously."

16. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Claus was obviously irritated as they could have left by now however Bran knew Violet wouldn't allow it.
    "He's got two minutes, hope what ever he is doing he makes it count..." Bran spoke to the group. As he finished he could see Argon running his way back to the dingy, with a small girl and a strange bird. ..... Is he a lolicon.... nevermind that why is it i keep expanding this group? Did everyone decided to escape at once.. Bran shook his head before turning the key in the ignition to start the boat.
    "I see him so it shouldn't be long now"

17. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Hexen made his way to the yacht, smashing and slaughtering his way there. Getting on board, he slaughtered the deck of people, grabbing an armored lifeboat and using it as a weapon, coming across a man in a suit surrounded by guards.
    "Kill it! What am I paying you fools for!?"
    The guards shakily aimed at the blood-covered beast and took fire. The bullets scratched the flesh of the beast, as Hexen stood and watched in amusement. Laughing, he cut down the front guards with a single slash of his blade, causing them to scream in pain as they tried to crawl away with the top halves of their bodies. Ignoring them, Hexen moved in on the suited man, who was apparently a businessman. The other two guards that stood by the corrupt man ran and jumped off the boat, abandoning him.
    "Hey! You people are responsible for this freak! I brought the weapon for this thing! Stop this-"
    Relying only on the help of payed mercenaries, the corrupt man was mashed into the deck. Hexen looked over and noticed the "weapon", a long barreled device that looked like it was able to connect to a certain port on his back. It was composed mainly of an ammo cylinder and a railed barrel.
    "Let's try this out."

As Arc and Irene neared the dinghy, something fell from above, landing on Arc. It was the lifeboat that was thrown by Hexen, still adorned with body parts. The metal tangled around him, binding him to the spot. Dazed by the sudden impact, Arc was was unable to get out from the wreck. His helmet fell apart, having been too damaged, rendering the use of his visor useless. After a few moments, he recovered enough to start talking.

"You! All of you! Go on without me!"
    A group of guards began running towards them. Arc looked for a weapon, but had no ranged weapons thanks to giving it to Masato. Fortunately, an SMG from a slaughtered guard had been the lifeboat. Taking the opportunity, Arc grabbed it.
    "I'll cover you from here!"
    "No!"
    Arc began firing at the group with his only free hand, but even then, his free hand was only free enough to fire with. He was unable to hear Violet's yells, yet even though she protested against this, she knew they were out of time.

18. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    When the guards approached, Claus took out his laser rifle and provided sniper support for Argon as best he could, but it was clear that they would be overrun before long. He briefly turned to the others.
    "We're out of time, start up the boat! Now!"
    He looked back to the docks and quickly gunned down two more guards, but reinforcements just kept coming.
    "Either we leave him or we die, take your pick!"

19. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    bran grit his teeth, he knew the were both right on this matter. He had even planned as using leah or any other to save his own hide if something like this would happen, the problem being Gray... She won't let us live this down if we abandon him, hell she might turn on us right here and now. He slammed on the pedal of the boat and the engine revved before taking off, just before they left the dock for open water Bran shouted at Gray
    "Fire that damn hunk of junk! You both claim its powerful well use it! Could buy him time, you said he came back from the dead once already"He pointed to the large weapon she held

The Albatross began heading to Kamaka when a slight glow caught their eye. It was on the far island, in controlled waters about mile out. Echo pulled out a set of binoculars, and began scanning the area near the light. He saw a small dingy with several people on it leaving the dock.
    "Hmmm looks like they are sending out a patrol, or escaping? No that doesn't look right..." Echo told the others.
    "Well what do we have? Numbers, appearances, armaments?" Atlas began gathering tactical information.
    "Hmmm four so far. One looks cybernetic with hi-tech weapons, should be easy enough just jam the signal of the gear I'll get on that before long. Another has something coming out of her back, a symbiotic maybe? And shes naked.... well uhh this uhhh" As Echo stammered Frost tapped him light on the shoulder which made him jump.
    "You can have your peep show later, there's two more right?"
    "Yeah, one looks like a security guard he's steering the boat. Seems he is their escort as he's more than armed with conventional weapons. And the last one is, in a operation gown? She seems very scared but awake, they don't transport their subjects wake so they might really be escaping...." As echo finished Atlas relayed his plan to his crew.
    "Alright echo! go down below and whip up something ti interfere with their boats navigation and tech, make their compass spin, what ever, just get them over to us. Then stay below and act as ambush if the get froggy" Turning to frost he gave her his orders
    "Get up high and out of sight, neutralize the symbiotic if she gets froggy, with their tech outta the way the cyber won't be an issuse, I can handle the other two. We ready? I think we may have visitors soon"

20. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Without needing any encouragement, Violet had already decided on creaming the guards with her weapon. She stood up, and after letting it charge, fired. The green blast
    flew over the wreckage that bound Arc, blasting away the group of guards. But to her disappointment, another group came as well from another entrance.

"To Hell with it!"
    She tried to fire off another shot, but the BFG refused, needing time to cool down.
    "To Hell with all of it!"

Arc was relieved at having that group of guards gone, but was soon back in a predicament when another group appeared, this time out of the range of his gun.

I hope the little girl made it out of here...

Having cleared the yacht, Hexen outfitted the large weapon to himself, folding up behind him. A red screen appeared before his vision, and a wall of text began scrolling across it. Large messages began popping up consecutively:
    "Railgun Software Installing"
    "Railgun Syncing"
    "Railgun Calibrating"
    "Railgun Instructions Installing"

As the weapon adapted to his body, Hexen walked to the bridge, and peering through a window, he thrust his powered down blade arm in. A small probe extended from his blade piece and snaked over to the panel, plugging itself in. After a moment and some virtual messages, the ship was able to connect to him telepathically. Turning on the engines, the yacht begin to sail away from the island. Hexen never let his soul-detection powers relax, so thanks to that, he knew the general direction of the escapees... and the ones watching them.
    Zoom.
    Using his cybernetic vision, he zoomed in on the general sources, his vision auto-locking. He saw the dinghy and its occupants before moving on to the other choice of victims, which were still over a mile away. A small message sat in the corner of his vision:

"Target Within Range"
    Engage Railgun.
    "Engaging... Ready"
    At his command, the railgun folded out and pointed over his left shoulder.
    Laser on.
    A set of five green lasers turned on, shooting a beam of harmless targeting light to Frost, Atlus and Echo's ship.
    Shall I teach them that there is a Hell?