Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

E3 Replacement Events

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by DubAnimeLover, May 21, 2022.

1. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's true. I'm not dead. There's just been nothing to talk about really.

However... that's going to change soon and may change very fast. The end of May is quickly approaching. The final full week of May is this upcoming week. There may be no E3 this year... (officially anyway) but that's not going to stop events from happening. They will still happen. It just won't have the E3 moniker attached to it obviously.

So far... all we know for sure in terms of E3 'replacement events' are the following...

Summer Games Fest
    https://www.summergamefest.com/

June 9th at 2 pm EST

Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/04/28/xbox-and-bethesda-showcase-on-sunday-june-12/

June 12th 10 am PST (I think that's 1 pm EST)

and... that's it. So far at least. But obviously that's not going to be everything. We will most likely get a Nintendo one and we may get a Sony PlayStation one as well as a Square Enix one and other company specific ones. However... it's also possible that all of Square Enix's stuff will just be in the Sony PlayStation event and there won't be one from Square Enix.

I don't think Capcom and Bandai Namco will do one. Even though they should obviously. They will use no 'official' E3 as an excuse to do nothing. Sega/Atlus might go this route too but I hope they don't since they really should give updates on Sonic Frontiers, Persona stuff, etc.

There have been rumors of a Sony PlayStation event for quite a long time now. The fact that they haven't done a State of Play since March is also suspect IMO. There are also now apparently rumors of possibly game specific directs from Nintendo. The obvious candidates for this would be Splatoon 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.

Only time will tell. But I'm making this now so I don't have to do it later when everything gets announced at once probably or something lol.

As far as what will be shown off... probably stuff like FF16, FF7 Remake Part 2 (rumors about this recently), the Silent Hill stuff might finally be revealed (the recently leaked stuff), God of War Ragnarok, BOTW2, other Zelda stuff, a rumored new Fire Emblem game (not the 3 Houses warriors game), and maybe some Metroid stuff (Prime HD and maybe Prime 4? Just don't get your hopes up lol)

Plus the more time goes by the more legit the Nvidia leak is looking so there's still the possibility of seeing stuff like FF Tactics Remastered... and even... FF9 Remake?! :eek:

So yeah. Looking forward to it. idk what i'll do if ff9 remake is actually announced lol

I'll update as more gets announced. That's why I created it now before the news explosion possibly starts.

2. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    And...... we finally have a new one.

Although... to be completely honest... I'm extremely hesitant to call it one. Because I was hoping for a Showcase. Not this. Because these... tend to not be great to downright horrible.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...ngs-new-game-reveals-sneak-peeks-and-updates/

Sony PlayStation State of Play with 30 minutes of new game reveals and sneak peeks for stuff for PSVR2.

June 2nd at 3 pm PST/6 pm EST

3. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Minor update.

From this tweet by Summer Game Fest host Geoff Knightley... I think we can pretty much declare Summer Game Fest 'Basically E3'