Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Dragon Ball Super To Premiere On Toonami In January

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Toei Animation, FUNimation Entertainment, and Adult Swim announced on Wednesday that Funimation's English dub of Dragon Ball Super will air on Adult Swim's Toonami block. The first season will premiere on January 7, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. EST and 11:30 p.m. EST. Funimation also launched an official website and streamed a new dubbed clip:

The 26 episodes of the first season — which encompass the storylines of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' films — are scheduled to follow.
    The cast includes:

Sean Schemmel as Goku & Christopher R. Sabat as Vegeta
    Jason Douglas as Beerus & Ian Sinclair as Whis
    Sonny Strait as Krillin & Kyle Hebert as Gohan
    Monica Rial as Bulma & Christopher R. Sabat as Piccolo
    Alexis Tipton as Trunks & Doc Morgan as Narrator
    Kara Edwards as Goten & Cynthia Cranz as Chi-Chi
    Meredith McCoy as Android 18 & Chris Rager as Mr. Satan
    Josh Martin as Buu & Sean Schemmel as King Kai
    Christopher R. Sabat as Shenron & Kara Edwards as Videl
    Christopher R. Sabat as Yamcha & John Burgmeier as Tien
    Chris Cason as Shou & Mike McFarland as Roshi
    Brina Palencia as Puar & Chuck Huber as Pilaf
    Kyle Hebert as Ox-King & Brad Jackson as Oolong
    Tia Ballard as Marron & Kent Williams as Kibito Kai
    Kent Williams as Elder Kai & Justin Cook as Dende
    Brina Palencia as Chiaotzu & Colleen Clinkenbeard as Mai
    [​IMG]
    The FunimationNow, Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and AnimeLab streaming platforms are all simulcasting the series with English subtitles.

Dragon Ball Super premiered in Japan in July 2015 on Fuji TV and other channels. Toonami Asia will premiere the series in Southeast Asia and India on January 21 with a different English dub produced by Bang Zoom! Entertainment. Toei Animation announced last month that the anime will begin airing in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa between fall and winter.​

2. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Is Super any good?

I've heard horrible things.

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    If you want my honest to truth answer, skip the first 30 or so episode. It's basically all Battle of God's film recap. You'll essentially waste your time watching it and the animation quality is just awful. It actually infatuated Akira Toriyama to the point he spoke out about it saying his fans deserved better and that the studio involved with the project was tarnishing the franchise. Now he is on board and actually helping with the drawing/editing and direction the stories taking. You can tell to by just how much more gag real and jokes are put into everything which is very Akira if you know his personality.

In short just skip things and start out on the Chappa Arc or Universe 6 vs 7 Arc. It's not a overly bad arc, but I can't say I liked it all that much. Most likely due to it being used as a world building arc more than anything else. The next arc though is significantly better being the Future Trunks & Zamasu/Goku Black Arc. If you do decide to watch it I hope you can enjoy it. If not you may be better off dropping it or coming back to it when you have nothing better to watch. ​

4. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Good to know -- I'll think about it.

I won't be comfortable with skipping 30 episodes, (in spite of the fact I can probably infer what's to happen by episode 1), but knowing that it's entertaining at all (yes, even if it takes 30 episodes) is invaluable information.

Thanks, Vlad.