Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Densha Otoko Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Metazoxan, Jun 6, 2014.

1. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    It is, for some reason it grabs your attention and makes you want to read more.
    Yeah , I got the same feeling of sincerity from the characters. It gives a sense of hope if you know what I mean. I'm not gonna say that was the first time I've felt that but as you said, it was mostly due to it being based on a real story. FYI, did a little research (wikipedia lol) I found out that there is a live action movie based on the story that came out in Japan that I might check out later :D

Talking about the story, how real do you guys think the story is since it was posted on a BB/forum? A part of me believes it 100% but at the same time I still have a tiny bit of doubt cause.....well..... it is the internet we are talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Lets see I'd say that it's probably 60% to 80% true. The rest is probably exaggerated details and elements added to make the story a more interesting read. Plus we don't know anything that was said or some that wasn't specifically stated on that forum so those details had to be made up.

3. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I don't mean the way they adapted the original story from the web to the manga but the real story itself. Did some guy actually met a woman by doing that or did some guy pulled off a massive troll on the internet. like I said, I want to believe it 100% but theres that tiny doubt it might all be false.

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'd say it's probably true mostly because it seems a bit too crazy to be made up. In any case stuff like this does happen from time to time so even if this story is somehow untrue there probably is a true story just like it out there somewhere.

5. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    True, I guess he was one of the lucky few that happened to him and was willing to share his experience with others

6. Eclipse Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It was pretty okay. I kinda liked the community helping him along the side and that Hermes was pretty accepting of it (something missing from Molester Man) but I didn't see anything too interesting.

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    true. It's a nice feed good romance series with nice characters, nice comedy, and some touching moments. But it just sort of coasted the entire time. It never tried to be too exciting or anything but that is probably due to it being based on a true story. Life tends to move at a slow pace for most people without anything too exciting happening in their daily lives.

But still the characters and plot were deep enough to where I cared what happened to them and keep me reading.

8. Marhuto Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I finally completed this!!!! :D :D :D

It was heck-of-a journey.
    Funny as hell!!!
    Totally realistic! :)

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well it was apparently based on a true story so it being realistic makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  10. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Glad you enjoyed it. It might not be the most exciting manga to read but it does keep you on the edge sometimes and like you said, it is pretty funny

• Like Like x 1