Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Denpa Kyoushi

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Apr 3, 2015.

1. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, I finished it. 5/10
    It started getting cumbersome after a while, but not as bad as Rinne turned out for me. Cool end speech though.

Edit: now was supposed to be not.

#61 ShadowLinks, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The difference though is the Rinne manga is the same. It's not that I hate Rinne but it just fails to draw me in. The heroine is just "and not a fuck was given that day" about pretty much everything and the male lead is so damn tsundere when it comes to her that it feels like we are coasting along with both of them all but ignorant of the fact they even like the other person much less the fact it's mutual. Add to that the fact the author just had to make another asshole dad character who litterally murders people for money and still takes every cent his own son owns and the fact that the series treats the idea of death eerily casually and it's just not that great of a series.

Again I don't hate it and it does have good points but even with the manga I found myself just not reading it anymore at somepoint. It's other big problem is it's episodic feel of going after random ghosts and dashigami is very little connection from one event to antoher and very little changing when all is said and done. Ranma 1/2 had the martial arts and the gender bender (which was more original at the time) and Inuyasha had a darker tone and demon battles to help carry it. But Rinne doesn't feel like it has much to call it's own. Everything about it I feel I've seen similar ideas before and even if Rinne does put plenty of new twists in the idea none of them feel all that interesting.

I think the problem is the author has failed to evolve her style with the times and because her earlier works were so popular that style has been copied and done to death. She needs to try something more new at least for her and make something more interesting.

Sorry about the mini rant there. My point is Rinne was a hard series to get invested in as a manga so the anime being like that is natural. Denpa Kyoshi on the other hand had a much better manga that made use of decent art work, expressions, and presentation to keep make even some ordinary events look epic while the anime just shows them standing there blankly while talking. So

3. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan Naw, tis ok. :) But seriously, I don't care if it's a year or longer from now, if u ever do continue it, please be sure to @/message me or whatever way is avail at the time to reach me cus I'd love to read your comparasons for the manga/anime. :) If u do drop, np too. lol