Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Denpa Kyoushi

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ah, so this was the anime that won the voting, nice, esp since it's awesome and I'm watching it. I'll comment on each ep from here on out. Next ep should be out in another 2 days.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Sorry for the late response @Metazoxan, time keeps getting away from me recently.

I keep mistaking the chairman for a student because of the uniform, I hate it when they do that. To think that destroying someones career in a school to bring them to yours was decided to be the better option for the adaptation, seriously A1?

Haha awesome, you noticed that poor eye lineup too, good you’re making progress.

So most of episode 3 which made Kagami look pathetic until he hacked them was original? Great work……. Remember when some of us thought this had potential? I wish I knew better back then.

As far as I can tell, this anime shouldn’t even really be called an adaptation. Too much has been ruined too early on. Usually large changes come later on but nope episode 3 and we already have almost an entire filler episode. I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes…….

The animation still failed in episode 4 for more than just the character designs. I read a comment on MAL that I completely agree with “when your ceilings look better than your characters you know you’ve got problems”

@Natsu what do the cast having different VAs got to do with anything? You forgot to make a point about them being different, would you prefer the originals more? Although I have no idea who Kana Asumi is but I’m assuming she’d be a much better Suzune than who currently voices her. After checking and seeing Working's Popura I now would much prefer her to voice Suzune too.
    I’m surprised to see Daisuke Ono listed for Kagami, from what I’ve heard him portray I wouldn’t think he’d fit the role. Especially with the way Meta described thinking what Kagami would sound like, I’ve not heard this VA pull off a goofy-esque voice before.

3. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to hear everyone's opinion about the cast difference that's all, though I prefer the cast from the Drama CD than from the anime, the rest is still a-ok

4. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    the newest ep aired today, twas better than I thought it'd be. Although I admit that the 1st ep was the best one so far. Hoping this anime will get better. Oh yeah, I believe it was ep 3 but, one of the eps had a SERIOUS dip in it's quality, just looked bad. >_>

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I agree with the beginning of what you said. The Vomic had the superior casting choices simply because Suzune would have sounded good, I hate her voice and no amount of screen time will change my mind. Although I think Kagami is fine as is I am curious to hear how he would have been portrayed if the original cast had it.

You are joking right? This is the biggest disappointment A-1 has produced in terms of animation quality that I have watched. Every ep has been aimed poorly, those derpy faces just wow. A comment on MAL said it best "when your roof looks better than your background characters you know you have problems". Everyone is currently hoping it will get better but my hopes are really low.

Speaking of disappointments, that complete jump in continuity during the discussion right before the performance the other week. They were outside on the roof already and the maid was even prevented from entering the building again yet next scene everyone is sitting comfortably around the table, it was a horrible transition.

About the newest ep, the classic delinquent turned up sooner than I expected and he is powerful, yay. When I heard that he was voiced by
    http://myanimelist.net/people/5626/Yoshimasa_Hosoya
    I knew immediately he'd have a sports related backstory, this guy seems to be cast in every sports anime recently so it'd make sense for him to be cast as that one sporty guy. And as expected he fits the role.
    Other than that the lacking animation still continues but at least derpy faces are kept to a minimum.

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Even the hacking was anime original. In the manga there was no chase at all so no need to hack Akihabara (Although he's demonstrated enough hacking skills in the manga to prove he could do so if he wished) he did go there for an autograph but it was of screen and on his own time not right when his new employer was coming to see him. Again the worst part of that episode though was how they removed the woman from CERN and thus removed the other job offer. The fact Kagami turned down another job for the teaching one was important (although he does claim his reason was there was no Akihabara in Geneva which is where the CERN job was apparently at but you also get the feeling he really did want to teach more than be a scientist).

Also yeah the lost potential is sad. I don't know what A-1 thought they were doing with this mess.

The animation may have failed for episode 4 but at least they were mostly on track with what happened. Although I guess saying "at least they didn't screw up again" isn't really much of a compliment is it?

Now for episode 5...

Okay I am REALLY starting to find the explination of YD at the start of every episode annoying. Yes it was also a thing in the manga (Although it's called ADW "Always Does only What he wants to do") but after the first couple chapters they only mention it occasionally we don't need a detailed explanation of it every episode. Not to mention that Yukata pun is just awful.

Overall it pretty much followed the manga again which is encouraging. At least we shouldn't have stuff like episode 2 or 3 where they ruin everything by completely changing it. There were small changes though. Like with the maid girl there were just people whispering "Havent I seen her somewhere?" rather than her getting school wide attention. Although regardless the issue is never really brought up again so it really doesn't matter and it's basically the same thing.

one again though the animaton lets us down. Just look at this first scene where human cyborg guy first shows up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

See how he just looks so much more menacing than Mr. no nose?

Besides that they did remove a few funny scenes but nothing that impacts the story at all. Just missing a few minor details. Like the fact that Suzune is a sports scholarship student and Nanami seems slightly jealous over that fact. Again it never really becomes a big issue so it's not too important I'm just saying that there were a few little details like that that were removed or changed.

#26 Metazoxan, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  7. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Those faces...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I'll be honest, this series is not as good as I expected it to be, and yes the animation does bother me at times. FYI, animation is never something that bothers me so yea... but u can tell on some of the eps the quality just DROPS! and drops bad imo. This ep was kinda good though compared to the last few eps. I'm looking forward to the next ep. (Goth Lolita ftw!~)

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the worst part is there will be at least some people who won't bother to read the manga because of this. But the manga is actually good.

10. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Huh, don't a worry dude, if it's necessary I read the manga like the case with Akame ga Kill and Naruto, and the former is getting extremely awesome

11. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    So, the new ep wasn't as great as I was hoping, still good though, although, Kagami did the WORST lecture I've ever seen him do. -_- I hardly call THAT one of his lectures...

At this point, there are two things that are safe to say. 1stly, that I highly doubt I'll rate this anime anything above 7.0, which is a shaem cus ep 1 was an 8.0 and the next 2-3 eps dropped it down to a 7.5 and the rest down to 7.0 where it's stayed at and hopefully won't go lower, normally I'd say shouldn't but...that drop in quality has me on edge in that aspect...
    2ndly, a show's OP song usually gives away everything or key parts of an anime, this one only gives 1 key part away, that he has around 2 more girls to "lecture" before either a new OP song is released or odds are, the show will be over.

@meta I would be guilty of that but that's also largely due to me not reading any tpe of book really. Oh I finally remembered what I wanted to reply to u with. Nope, u aren't the only one who is annoyed, and sick of that YD intro at the beginning. lol I was too about an ep before the one u said that on.

12. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Okay need to catch up on this.

Ep 7: Sigh.... once again they change small but good things for no reason. In the manga the way Kagami takes notice on phone girl is on his first day on calss he comes in and says "Hey guys we're all going to play an MMO for introductions today that I made myself!" to which phone girl replies "Eh!!!!!!!!!" through her phone. It kind of helps show how while he's an Otaku there is a method to his madness and he actually teachers the material in his own way. Here it's just "Hey Bro here is the next girl you need to fix" with him trying to flack out on work until threatened. I really don't like how anime Kagami is so much more of a worthless loser than in the manga. It's mostly just small changes they make but they present things is a way that makes them look far more like he's just being lazy.

Also he didn't lure her through the intercome to a voice actors studio he somehow set up at school he sorta saves her from some idiots trying to pick her up and asks her to follow him. Then he takes her out to have a bit of fun and casually asks her to play a kareoke game at an arcade and mentions he wants to hear her voice to which she punches him and runs off but he simply says "and so the quest begins" like it was all part of his play to make her angry there. Instead we just have him trying to sure her like an idiot.

Also the anime makes it look like she was made fun of and laughed at for her voice but really it's just that she's embarassed because everyone keeps comparing her voice to an anime characters and she hates that. The people saying it aren't trying to insult her but it still bothered her.

He also never tried to trap her by somehow making all the library doors voice activated. He also doesn't show up at her house uninvited she hires "The legendary home tutor" who is known for helping those who get ahold of him to pass any test and it turns out to be him much to her shock. He also didn't need Suzune's help at all and he didn't say he'd quit his job if he failed.

Overall this episode followed it's respective chapters in terms of overall plot progression but changed a ton of small details and really for the worse. The anime version of Kagami seems a lot more insensitive and forceful for some reason while the manga one was a bit more understanding even if he didn't always act like it.

13. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    tbh I've come to somewhat dislike this show, it's an alright show but it started out so awesome, then it lost it after the 1st ep and is only just ok now... Also, @Metazoxan , I'm enjoying reading the changes they made, keep it up! (if u want) U only have 1 ep to catch up on so shouldn't be too hard though in a few days it'll be 2 eps.

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well to start off with they skipped a full chapter. you know the twins tails girl? There was another chapter of her doing a little work at the maid Cafe and it was kinda funny. It wasn't exactly plot crutial except it lead to the MC running into the next student he'd help but besides that it wasn't too important. Still a bit disappointed they skipped an entire chapter. Especially considering how hard they worked to make the first 2 or 3 episodes fit 2 or 3 chapters if not wasting time was so important what the hell was that all about? Am I missing something or does cutting out manga side stories to make time for anime filler the dumbest thing you've ever heard? Even if the side stories aren't important to the plot they at least help with character development unlike watching Kagami dodge agents in Akihabara.

An odd but unimportant change is that in the manga it was Suzune who called that manga an ero manga and got lectured by Kagami not the twin tails girl. But either way the scene roughly played out the same except after lecturing Suzune there was a scene change where Twin Tails gives kagami the Truant list. So it's not important.

Besides that the rest mostly played out like the manga with only minor tweeks here and there like line changes or scenes playing out a little different but nothing too major.

Also that "time to start the lecture" catch phrase of his is still stupid. In the manga it was hard to tell sometimes whether he was really trying to lecture or was just messing around but that catchphrase pretty much kills that. Plus it's just a dumb thing to force in for no reason.

15. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ep 9 started out mimicking the SAO franchise which really urked me, I was like, no! U so DON'T get to use SAO as a reference or anything but then my thoughts quickly changed, it really helped make the ep better. What's more, Luce, Kagami's (aka the first's) partner, she is AWESOME! I so didn't see that coming at the end there but I REALLY loved it! >: ) The next ep's preview looks to be awesome too, in fact, props and kudos to Kagami for what he said to Luce irl, twas real sweet of him. Rest assured though, pitch forks will be impaled into him should he screw up, forget the bat from psycho sister. :p I wonder how they're going to go into this new "scenario" ehehehehehe >: ) Also, this ep was on par with the awesomeness of ep 1, and the preview for the next ep looks to be the same. :)

@Metazoxan Yea, I was going to say them skipping isn't so bad cus clearly they don't have a big budget and that chase ep could be explained simply cus they had to show how she got him to be a teacher at that school and odds are there's only 12-13 eps buuut, today I saw there is now confirmed 24 eps for this anime. :/ Prior to watching the newest ep (My thoughts above) I was thinking, this anime don't need that many eps, it's not that good, but then this ep aired and dang! It's on par with the 1st ep in terms of awesomeness and by the looks of the preview, the next ep will be too so here is hoping they keep the momentum going. Btw, I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on this ep and the comparison of the manga but, since it's a part two (Hoping not a part 3+) warn me via spoiler if u don't mind if you're going to cover what happens in the not yet aired ep that's due this Sat and I'll go back and read it after this new ep airs this Sat.

16. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I hate this show. Seeing that it is now listed as 24 eps guaranteed I essentially lost the will to watch it. I got through it though and now I'm in a really bad mood, everything seems to piss me off and I'm bored shitless even now despite having watched it an hour ago.
    Meta's comparison to the manga is the best thing about this shitfest. Keep up the good work Meta otherwise I may end up dropping this. Rating it a 2/10 as of right now, let's see if I can rate it a 1 by the end.

I wanted to like this but A 1 has really screwed up with this. I'll stick with GTO thank you.

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    @Natsuru-san No that chase thing wasn't needed at all. it accomplished nothing and was just there to waste time. Again it didn't even happen in the manga and adding it in made kagami look a lot worse because he kept yelling about how he didn't care about anyone.
    You know it's funny. Being able to make these comparisons is the only reason I'm still watching this honestly. I loved the manga and I wouldn't mind the anime was different if it was good different but they are justa dding pointless stuff, removing important stuff, and just making a lot of the characters look lazier or dumber than they were. Plus the animation doesn't even try to reflect the manga's stule of showing expression and atmosphere. I know doing that kind of thing is hard but again they didn't even try.

Now without further adieu (whatever that even means) Ep 9:

Okay this is the first time the anime improved anything animation wise. In the manga we never really get to truely see the game world we see more the expressions of the characters which is nice and all but I don't think the author was good as drawing actions scenes which this part kind of relied on more than most other arcs. But even a trained monkey can do that much so this much was to be expected. It's funny though how in both the manga and anime they act as if they are in some kind of VR enviroment yet we clearly see they are simply sitting in front on computers. I get it's to make interesting visuals but you'd think they could slap some VR goggles on these kids just to have it make sense..... Oh well.

Speaking of skipping stuff.....THEY ARE ENDING THE MANGAKA'S ARC JUST LIKE THAT! They ended episode 8 with those two declaring a contest and just end it there? You can't just end an episode with two characters declaring a competition and just not even mention it next episode! The manga had a whole chapter where Kagami turned the classroom into a manga studio and made the whole class help her write. He also makes a pretty decent argument about how doing so will actually teach them something thus he is still doing his job (even if his real reason was just to read more of her manga). He even bribed the students with private tutoring for all those that helped. It was a fun chapter that showed Mangaka girl intergrating with the class as well as seeing past students like maid and robo man interacting with each other and it was just a funny chapter. Most importantly it's why she chooses to stay at school and as far as the anime shows you can only assume she lost the competition off screen or it's still going on because they litterally just dropped it. But fuck that apparently because A-1 doesn't like character development let's just hurry and move on because apparently we don't have time for that. Seriously it was a hilarious chapter and they just skipped over the whole thing even though it leaves an obvious plot hole! They do show just a small bit of the chapter with Roboman posing but it's treated as if taking place after she's started attending school regularly and it's just kind of shoe horned in.

But it doesn't end there oh no they didn't just skip one chapter but 14! The chapter after this went back to that scientist lady who offered him a job at Cern. Then a girl who was in the physics club with him (the only other member) scouts him. Then he helps a young genius girl with no desire to do anything find the drive to find that something. Kagami finds what he truely wants to do as well and declares "he'll make students want to drop out on their own (because they found what they truely want to do" and he helps out the daughter of a videogame company and has a FPS match against a champion player for certain reasons. The arc with Luce only happened after ALL of that. Given how much they skipped they better get back to it later but since they cut out that CERn scientist ladies original intro entirely I'm not sure what they are planning. There are a lot of small but important things that happened in this span of 14 chapters but I won't go over than all. But seriously I don't know what they are planning screwing with all this but it doesn't look good. Even if they do come back to cover the 14 chapter gap it means they are changing the order of events which rarely if even turns out well when I've seen it done in any adaptation.

But now back to the Luce arc. It starts out pretty much like the manga but twin tails did not show up to offer exposition on how the students have changed. They probably added that since they skipped all the scenes that actually SHOWED IT! like anime girl actively making annoucements over the PA system because she wants to become an accouncer someday and showing Roboman playing soccer. Nope lets just have twin tails talk about it instead.

They made an addition I like this time though. In the manga after having everyone join the game and introducing Luce we get one panel showing them training in the background before Kagami runs off to get the "missing" truant. I like how the anime kind of expanded on the training a little and handles it pretty well.

In other words they are adapting the Luce arc fairly well but they really skipped a lot of stuff to do Luce's arc now which is worrying.

18. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan I forgot that...

Yowch! Btw I believe Adieu means waiting so combine it with the saying. Anyway, yeah, now u and Knight can see why I was so upset with them rearranging and altering many of the details with the newest Magic Kaito series sicne they screwed up most of the ova eps. Incase ya'll were wondering since I never got to finish my thoughts on the rest of the eps, the rest didn't have barely any changes and the changes they did weren't bad. That said, they did add a few new eps into it which were quite good. I still ended up rating that series lower than the ovas. Magic Kaito (OVAs) was rated a 8.0 but Magic Kaito 1412 (Newest series) I rated a 7.0.

Back to Denpa though, while unlikely, it is possible they might pull a M. Kaito 1412 performance. lol I think the best way to figure this out (Assuming they don't create new eps/arcs) is by asking u Meta, exactly how much is left of the current manga story? Are we even a quarter through the manga?

19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Although at least the kaito anime was still good on it's own. I as someone who didn't see the OVA was able to enjoy the anime fairly well. Meaning whether or not the anime was truly inferior to the OVA it at least could stand and entertain in it's own right. Denpa Kyoshi on the other hand is an embarrassment to it's original and it hated both by fans of the manga and new viewers alike. I do kinda get how you felt though.

Oh there is still plenty of manga left. Even with the 14 chapter jump we are only at chapter 34 out of 134. The main branch arc starts at chapter 74 and goes all the way to chapter 120. So unless they plan to just stop in the middle of an arc (which I wouldn't put it past them at this point) it's unlikely they'll go past chapter 74.

So out of the content I expect them to cover they are close to half through after skipping 14 chapters. But if we assume they'll get back to that stuff then they are maybe a 4th of the way through.

20. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    You never know, good things may happen soon, but we just have to wait