Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Death Parade

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    It IS on the way to changing the system entirely. Countless people were being judged on false grounds; forcing them into despair and rage and then judging them based on something that they likely weren't. Now it's a much more fair judging; not driving them into despair, and instead judging them on their past life and what they'd do if offered another chance.
    I really don't understand how anyone can dislike this anime...

2. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but...

nothing has changed

3. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    I put cake batter in the oven. I say immediately, "Nothing has changed."

• Like Like x 1
  4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    You like generally unpopular titles and dislike the ones that get widely good reviews, you make no sense to me. I'm just going to not try recommending anime for you, it is too difficult especially since this actually shared some genres that you like from other shows.
    You had an issue with pub games in purgatory and now that you have finished it, the ending was pointless is your view? You know what really makes no sense? Living through the internet after you die communicating with the real world, having a robot come out of your forehead after being hit by a guitar and the entirety of Kaiba.

Part of the appeal of this show is the character revelations and personal growth/ heartbreaks that you go through. Being mostly episodic makes things harder to create meaningful characters yet this show managed it a few times.

Having someone with emotions was a change in the system, they are mere puppets designed to judge from what is shown. The guy with the flower was the closest to god as there was not god and a puppet with emotions is not what he wanted. Why this is important? Didn't Nona want a better way for them to understand what they view instead of simply watching and casting judgement. Take the two episode case with the detective and the kid that killed the rapist. The kid's emotions made him want to kill the detective so into the void he goes. But when factoring in the significant amount of stress he would have felt during that otherwise unheard of scenario for him and his sister, that could potentially change where he is sent because there is a reason to this madness.
    Also let's look at Mayu, she was willing to throw everything away just to be with the celebrity that she loved. Anything it took, she would do it if that meant the best for him, her self sacrifice shows this when she voluntarily fell in the twister game. He was going to push her but she still wanted him to "live". When tasked with sending a stranger to the void or keeping her beloved in the nothingness she would have made her choice to protect him. Without understanding emotions these actions would make no difference and she'd be judged upon what she did when alive.

Oh and one last little bit of info, his name is Decim.

#44 Supernatural-Knight, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I was watching the dubbed, and it's the way they pronounce it xD

I didn't enjoy this anime because it came across as mediocre, boring and predictable. There was little depth to any of the characters. Just flashbacks of images with no dialogue to give the characters any more feeling. I wouldn't say this incorporated any elements from the above referenced shows. I wouldn't compare this anime to another one. I'm just saying that there was nothing emotional about the story. I felt like we hardly knew any of the characters due to the fact that they had very little backstory, if any at all. So many questions remain unanswered in a series that has quite clearly ended for a sequel. But, I just didn't enjoy it. I don't think this anime had the same level of depth as the above referenced. I couldn't feel empathy with any of the characters in this show. There was nothing to really make anyone come across as human or 'real'. They all felt like stereotypical anime characters. For example, the redhead guy who is hotheaded and hates humans. Then there is the high school teen who is a fan of a boyband. Again, just playing on stereotypes and very little character development.

As for Decim...

In the end he just sees things from more of a human perspective? I'm not entirely sure how that changed his judgements from the beginning. At the end of the day, he will never see more dimensions to one person unless he spends a little longer than a day with them. He was boring and stiff (I understand that was part of his character to have no emotions as an arbiter. But, they could have at least made him do something interesting).

Overall, this anime didn't appeal to me. There was nothing to hook me, except the catchy opening theme song Flyers by Bradio.

6. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    My wife has decided to binge watch this with me :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    So my wife and I watched this in its entirety today and (since I don't know how to do the whole "spoiler" thing, I'll just say) what kind of bullshit ending was that? That being said, we both enjoyed this series quite a bit. Found it to be a refreshing outlook on the afterlife & was definitely an interesting watch. Hopefully there's more seasons or will be soon?

8. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Code:
    [spoiler]
    *text here*
    [/spoiler]
    Why no enjoy ending?
    I'm hoping for more too~

9. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    @Mafiacow thanks for the tip! I dunno, just kinda left you hanging. I mean, great setup for a second season, but dammit, I want closure now! Lol patience has never been my strong suit.

10. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    No worries!
    Right, I can get that. I completely hate the kind of ending that suddenly asks a whole bunch of new questions, essentially forcing you to watch another season, like Deadman Wonderland and Code Geass season 1.