Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Complete! Final Fantasy VII as played by Doomguy

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Doomguy, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    This section lacks the obligatory Final Fantasy 7 discussion. So I got the idea about playing through the game from start to finish. You can expect your usual Doomguy style as I write my thoughts on the game. I'll include screenshots I find interesting in all my posts because a picture is worth a thousand laughs (words... whatever)

-I've already beaten the game before
    -I got a bad setup for a video let's play. Besides I like to write, I got better stats on paper ;)
    -Obvious spoilers ahead. I won't reveal stuff until I get to it but I assume most people know about this game already.

You don't? PLAY THIS GAME

Or read my playthrough review :p
    I'll start when I give myself a more of a lead. For now...

You, yeah you in the corner there lurking...
    [​IMG]
    I see you.

2. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Stuff like this tend to be way better then video LP's anyway (you don't have to deal with nasally annoying commentary and a few other things) IMO. I'm looking forward to it :D

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Played this too many times. Beat it the year it came out (I know, I'm getting old). Lost interested due to further hype. Although once I'm done playing FF8 with @VeritasOdiumParit I'll considering replaying this for the 1,000th time.

4. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    You poor soul. No one should have to play Final Fantasy 8.

5. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I think I beaten this twice. May have picked up and stopped a few other times. I lost a save file once and got mad as hell.
    Anyway I plan on doing things different this time around. Using characters I don't usually use and different stuff.

I want to challenge myself so I won't bother using Knights of the Round. Has to be the most broken summon in the entire series.
    Running this on the PC emulator. I got a good enough computer for that at least. I do own this game on my PSP as well as other games like Grandia and Lunar. Anyway lets get this started!

===============================
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ===============================

I start my game and almost forgot how much I like the old music these old games have

And of course the really cool intro to this game

I get tossed straight into my first battle. Unfortanately I don't do as well as the guy in that video...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What happened!? Well my Xbox controller hooked to my computer wasn't set up right and my brother and I were too busy humming along the cool music. So let it be known, I already have one gameover! :eek:

So anyway after beating the guys up I make my way through the reactor. Our mission is to blow it up! Cloud (the main character) doesn't really give a damn. Early game Cloud thinks he's a bad ass. Unfortunately random stuff like this tend to happen
    [​IMG]

Plenty more where that came from. Anyway after disposing of an easy boss (attack it when it's tail is down) we have ten minutes to escape. It was here when I realized the timer still continues even going into the main menu. How odd. Oh yeah don't forget to pick up Jessie on the way back. She get's stuck on the grates on the way up. I think she likes me (but why couldn't I climb up the ladder behind her? I won't look up her underwear ;))

After escaping the place I tell off some random flower girl who's wondering around the area. She was on the intro! Who cares Jessie is the only girl for me. My party rendezvous on a train where Barret is telling us about how messed up pollution is and how we're going to stop the evil Mako reactors.

He also talks about the War on Pizza
    [​IMG]Jessie's on the right :p

So I get off the train and get told to meet at our hideout. I'll save here next to this guy.
    [​IMG]
    I don't want to know what he's doing. The game is practically telling me not to save next to him. I better wash my hands after loading that save.

============================
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm having way too much fun doing this :D

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I've already done it a few dozen times. I think I'd rather replay it another dozen times before playing FF13 :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Dang, all them screenshots. I would have to take a photo of my TV as I am playing FF8 with my PS2. I am old school like that :p I could bust out my Playstation if I could really be bothered to set it up :p Also, did you photoshop that Pizza bit in? I swear it's not in the European version :confused:

I totally agree with you on the soundtrack to this game!! The soundtrack is pretty awesome!! Has a lot of pieces of music I didn't like on it at the same time. But, overall the soundtrack is really what helps define this game!!

8. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I got more screenies coming up :D
    Some of the stuff I've seen already in this game is quite notable. I've forgotten how foul mouthed Barret is so no editing tricks from me.

=====================================
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    =====================================

After washing my hands I make my way to the hideout. It's inside Tifa's bar. So after a long day of blowing up reactors and dealing with an angry guy with a machine gun for an arm I ask Tifa for a "hard" drink. What was this game rated again?
    [​IMG]

So after getting in a argument over the gun arm Barret, Cloud starts to leave the bar upset at the lousy pay and vows to quit. He doesn't care at all for the struggles of the planet. Cue in obligatory flashback of Tifa reminding Cloud of the promise they made back when they were young. It's interesting to note that the story already starts to build up an important character.
    [​IMG]

So Cloud stays after all and sleeps over. The next day Tifa tells us she is joining the party. Hopefully she is as good as that little girl in the training room.
    [​IMG]
    She's a SUPER SAIYAN!
    You can stock up on equipment here, learn about the battle system, and get a free "All" materia. Make sure to pick that up, those are useful.

So I get on the train, Barret is his usual self. Threatening the passengers must be a requirement for the organization of AVALANCHE.
    [​IMG]
    Making grown men cry

In true RPG fashion, the security alarm goes off on the train. Guess it won't be so easy this time. Barret says we should jump out of the moving train. Yeah that's a safe and sensible thing to do. I make sure to complement Jessie's new disguise
    [​IMG]
    Careful Cloud, you might get your fangirls wondering on your...preferences.

So I'm in the tunnels. Fighting random battles, getting used to the mataria system once again. I'm also reminded why I always have Tifa in my party
    [​IMG]
    Chest out boys!

Most importantly the love plot thickens between Cloud and Jessie. Love blossoms inside the reactor tunnels.
    [​IMG]
    She thinks I'm special!

So after getting to the reactor we plant the bomb. It's worth noting that once again, Cloud has one of his episodes. This time we get a flashback of Tifa angry at Shinra, the Mako reactors, and Sephiroth. Interesting. So after that we make our way out of the reactor. Unfortanately we get trapped by Shinra troops and the president himself. With the bomb almost ready to explode, we have to fight the second boss of the game, some robot thing that reminds me of a vacuemm cleaner. He unwisely shows his back towards the party that has him flanked back in front. I handle him in only 5 or so hits. I was at my limit break.

So after dealing with the robot the reactor explodes while we're still on the bridge, oh no!
    It will be okay though because we land in a church and flower bed. Guess that's a good as any place to crash land in. We wake up and find a girl tending the flowers. In a huge shock to the world, she reveals herself to be...
    [​IMG]
    DUN DUN DUNNNNN!
    The magic of save states and character naming. A killer combo. So she is really Aeris the flower girl. She asks us to bodyguard for her becuase some Shinra spies are looking for her. Since she is litarally offering herself as the reward (a "date" she says. Uh huh.), there's no way Cloud would refuse. What is this game rated again?

After a sequence of running away from the church and being reminded just how awful Aeris is in the physical attack department, we get out on the rooftops. It's here I make my save at the 1 hour and 48 minute mark.

Aeris we haven't even started yet
    [​IMG]

=====================
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    =====================

This game has so many moments, the material I'm finding is GOLD

9. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Hahahaha, this is comedy gold!!

Also @Doomguy I always thought Jessie was a boy o_O Guess I should have read the manual...

10. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I never read the manual and I knew Jesse was a girl. I thought it was pretty obvious IMO. Plus she kind of looks like one.

11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't even sure what gender Jessie was until now. How could I not see the story is pushing the Cloud x Jessie plot?
    This part is good ;)

==========================
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just for you all to know, I'm a little under the weather. Think I'm catching a cold. Still doesn't excuse the translation fail
    [​IMG]

So after exploring the area a bit I find Aeris's house. I meet her mom, they tell me how Aeris is always being chased by those men. I also get a weird dream about Cloud's mom. She tells us the girls must be always chasing me. That's interesting. Anyway it's time for me to leave in the middle of the night. First thing first...
    [​IMG]
    Let me in your room. I want my reward now.

I make it to the area leading towards sector 6. Aeris finds a way to follow me anyway. We take a break at the playground where we see Tifa getting carted off somewhere. You know what that means, we have to save her! Of course Aeris volunteers to help out too. The area around sector 6 is the dumps. Some guy named Don Corneo runs the place. He's a real lecher, just check out this place he has
    [​IMG]
    You bet I did, I want my reward

Well it seems he's in the market for a "bride" and Tifa is one of the choices for tonight. There's only one way we can save her
    [​IMG]
    And the voice of millions of fangirls can be heard

This game is pretty bizarre. So anyway I have to convince the shop owner to make me a dress. He says he thinks he would like this kind of business on making a man look pretty. I also have to get a wig from some tough macho guys in a gym. I don't know why they have wigs but I beat them in a game of doing the most squats. Also I screwed up on getting inside the Honey Bee hotel so sorry, no funny scenes from there. Would have been a riot.

After getting a fancy new dress for Cloud and Aeris I pay a visit to the Honey Bee inn just to see the reaction I get.
    [​IMG]
    Wait what part are they checking out? :eek:

Cloud easily fools the guard to Corneo's mansion and gets inside (he called me hot). Not too soon after I find the hidden basement room where Tifa is. She's auditioning in a kinky room for some crazy fetish that Corneo is involved in.
    [​IMG]
    What's this game rated again?

So anyway we meet up with the Don. He's got the hots for Aeris, calling her that "slender little thing" or something. (would have been me if I didn't botch the dress making stuff).
    [​IMG]
    COME TO PAPA!

This place is nuts. Absolutely nuts. So Cloud and Tifa break in and threaten to do all kinds a bad things to his...nuts if he doesn't answer our questions.
    [​IMG]
    He might be into this kind of foreplay...
    So he spills the beans on some guy at Shinra who wants to find out about Barret. We also learn Shinra is going to drop the (pizza) plate onto sector 7, wiping out the entire area and AVALANCHE. That's not good, we have to get back there to save them. Don Corneo activates his trap door and we fall into the sewers out of his sight. Good I hated that guy.
    Unfortunately I hate the boss that immediately comes up to us in the sewers. I dispose of it easier then I remembered, probably because Aeris has that nice healing move as a limit break.

Anyway I save at the sewer exit. Looks like I'm in the train yard nearby sector 7.

#11 Doomguy, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  12. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    You know, I never noticed the Jessie romance subplot until you mentioned it. They did sorta hint at it even though it never really went anywhere.

13. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I didn't realize it until now either. Well after playing this game for a bunch of times I guess you start to pick up on things that they touched on.

===========================
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ===========================

I always hated this train yard place, those ghost monsters you fight disappear during the battle forcing you to wait a bit before they come back so you can hit them again. I stole some staff from some big monster for Aeris to use. That steal materia has it's uses. So I make it to the piller that holds up the plate above sector 7. We have to stop them from destroying it. First thing we see is Biggs falling off the tower. Poor Biggs. Oh wait what was his name?
    [​IMG]
    Thought he was Biggs tbh

So after talking to everyone I vow to protect this guys happy place
    [​IMG]
    If it makes you happy

All joking aside the game throws a brutal plot twist at us. WHY?
    [​IMG]
    No it's too soon!
    CURSE YOU SHINRA. I fight Reno of the Turks on top of the tower. It's too late though, the bomb has been activated and what's worse they've captured Aeris. With no time to hang around Barret grabs both Tifa and Cloud on top of his huge shoulders and we swing on a rope down to safety. With the piller destroyed and sector 7 completely destroyed, the party reflects on the people we've lost.
    [​IMG]
    JESSIE!

Well so long Jessie, it was fun. All is not lost though, before Aeris was captured they said that she will protect Marlene, Barret's daughter. Cloud heads over to Aeris's home to tell the mother the bad news. After being exposed to this gem of a song
    the mother tells us how she really only adopted Aeris after seeing her real mother pass away. Aeris apparently is special, she is an "Ancient" and is supposed to bring people to the "promised land". Well we don't know what that all means yet but she's held captured by the Shinra so that's not good. After Barret see's that Marlene is indeed safe I travel towards sector 6 to climb the huge wall.

After a mildly frustrating jumping puzzle, the party makes it over the wall and stands before the headquarters of the Shinra building. You have two choices on whether to bust through the front door or climb the long stairs. I climb the stairs because it's amusing the things Tifa and Barret say on the way up. If you want to know it took me about 4 minutes of climbing. I might have been distracted but it does take a while of doing nothing.

The upper floors of the Shinra building has various puzzles to do. I was able to net myself a nice elemental materia so now attacks can be linked to an element. Most of these enemies seem to be weak to lighting so we'll link that. Anyway to proceed we have to eavesdrop on the executive meeting. Hmm, how do I get in there?
    [​IMG]
    Plot for next horror movie of this summer

Taking this as the hint I need I head over to the bathroom and get into the vents. Conveniently the vents connect to the conference room so I can overhear the discussions on Aeris, Promise land, and Dr. Hojo experiments. The meeting get's adjourned (obviously the smell was too much to bear) I follow Hojo to the next floor.

He seems interested in some specimen that's contained. Some red beast animal he was saying to breed with the ancient? It's not even human? Cross animal breeding. Crazy game. Oh yeah Cloud get's another episode here, this time he blabbers on about "Jenova...Sephiroth". Seems some headless freak in a container spooked him. This place is creepy, we need to get Aeris out of here. I go to the save point and save at the 4 hour and 30 minute mark.

================================
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seems the game is finally throwing actual gameplay my way.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I meet Hojo upstairs who's ready to observe some crazy new fantasy of his. Where's your Don now Aeris?
    [​IMG]
    This game sure likes it's innuendo

It's okay though because Barret remembers he has a machine gun for an arm and breaks the containment. The red beast has eyes for someone else in the room
    [​IMG]
    Stop it I can't take this anymore

Well apparently the beast can speak. He says we can call him by the name Hojo gave him, Red XIII. Now only if he was actually in Final Fantasy 13 but that's another issue for another time. I was tempted to call him his real name to see what happens when they do reveal it later. I'm kicking myself right now because I didn't. So anyway we have to deal with a boss fight that comes up immediately after. He wasn't too hard, you have wait until he drains all his magic so he stops reviving all the dummy monsters in front of him. Oh yeah the bio spell is useless against him. And I just picked it up too...

After beating the boss the game decides to enforce RPG logic at this moment
    [​IMG]

Of course that didn't work because the divided party get captured anyway and taken to President Shinra. He talks a little about Ancients and Promise lands and we get hauled off to some holding cells. In the holding cells we get to listen in on our party members feelings. Red XIII mentions something about "grandpa" to Barret's amusement, Tifa is wondering on how to get out, and Aeris wondering if she will find her calling.
    [​IMG]

After talking we rest in the cells. After a while Cloud wakes up but something is wrong. The cell door is open and the guards are dead. Huh? Well this let's our party escape the cells. The halls are littered with other escaped monsters. We go back to the room below where Hojo was and see that the container that holds "Jenova" has busted open.
    [​IMG]

That's not good. The floor leaves a trail of blood upstairs (they need to nail this part good in the remake of this game one day). We reach the president's room upstairs where we see...
    [​IMG]
    DUN DUN DUNNNNN

One of the president's flunkies, Palmar, was here to tell us that Sephiroth stabbed him. Sephiroth it seems is also looking for the promise land. This marks an important turn in the storyline. The fact the game changed the antagonist in a blink of an eye is bold and refreshing. Well it was back then anyway. I still appreciate how it's done here. Cloud seems to know this Sephiroth guy but doesn't elaborate the details on who he is just yet. Unfortunately reinforcements arrive outside. It seems Vice President Rufus has come to take his father's place. Cloud tells the party to meet up below after he deals with this threat.

Now the game starts to throw some cool stuff at me. With the party led by Barret now, I make my way to the elevator where we are intercepted by some guard robot. It breaks the glass exterior and a boss fight commences
    [​IMG]
    Only ranged attacks like Barret's gun and magic can reach it. Nice touch. Oh limit breaks count as ranged too.

When that's dealt with I take control of Cloud who can magically regain the materia being used by the other party members despite being several floors above them. RPG logic. Don't argue. I have to fight Rufus who has this annoying barrier move that makes him tough to bring down. I kill his little pet, get reminded that potions are absolutely useless to level 13 characters, and generally spam cross-slash until he runs away to his helicopter. Guess we couldn't finish off the Shinra after all.

Cloud meets Tifa down the hall (thanks for helping Tifa, you neither went to the elevator or came back up to help me) and we make our way to the bottom floor. The party meets up in the lobby, but are surrounded by the guards outside. What to do...what to do...
    [​IMG]
    Start your engines!

This part is neat, your in this little minigame where you have to protect the big car on your motorcycle. It took me until the second half until I finally figured out the timing to knock the other motorist off the road. We make it to the end of the road where the game decides to get a little more difficult.
    [​IMG]
    Pull yourself together Barret

I did have to use a phoenix down on him once. The boss has a hit everyone move and I could only use the cure all spell once. Could've used Aeris but whatever. I deal with the boss and make it outside of Midgard where the world map awaits. Also the game pulls the whole "We need to keep our party separated" thing again. I didn't know that the party members comment on who you pick as your party. I didn't screen shot the moment when Tifa said something to the effect of "All guys...?"

So I save around the 5 hour and 28 minute mark on the world map. Really like that theme btw.

#14 Doomguy, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  15. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Spor for letting me multipost in this thread for the purpose of getting a full playthrough. I will give it my best shot!
    I welcome everyone's comments, I know we're still reeling from the demise of Jessie but don't worry, the game has plenty more material to play with!

======================================
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ======================================

So the party meets up in a nearby town and we rest up at the inn. It's finally time for Cloud to tell the party what's the deal, who is this Sephiroth guy and how does Cloud know him
    [​IMG]

What follows is us playing through the past that Cloud tells us. Him and Sephi were on a mission to investigate a monster desturbance in Cloud's hometown. By now Cloud made it to SOLDIER and the war was already over. Sephiroth is a war hero and his godly stats show it
    [​IMG]
    "We" (okay mostly Sephi) easily deal with one of the monsters outside of town. Now all we have to do is investigate the Mako reactor. Sephi let's Cloud take a break and see his family as it's his hometown after all. In the town we walk around and talk to people, we don't see Tifa yet but I do go inside her house and check out her...piano. Of course I wouldn't look inside her underwear drawer :p. I check in on Cloud's mom but Cloud seems to have problems remembing this part. It's worth noting that when talking to Sephiroth he tells you his mother is "Jenova". Hey that's the name of that experiment in Hojo's lab! Cloud continues on with his story.

The day after we hire a guide to take us to the reactor. It's Tifa! She's sporting some cowgirl outfit, best be comfortable for the climb up the mountain. This poor guy couldn't get any sleep.
    [​IMG]

On the way to the reactor the bridge breaks and the party losses one of the blue guys. Sephi coldly remarks there's nothing we can do and we must continue to the reactor. On the way we see a Mako fountain, we learn about how rare it is to see materia in it's natural form while making fun of Cloud calling the materia "magic". Sephi remembers how a scientist called Hojo hates unscientific terms like that. This Hojo guy's name pops up a lot.

So we make it to the reactor where Sephi tells Tifa she has to stay behind at this point. You know, Shinra business and all that. I hope this guy can forgot about his bad sleep because he might have his hands full
    [​IMG]

Inside the reactor we make a startling discovery. It seems Hojo was experimenting on people, injecting them with massive quantities of Mako which turns them into monsters. Mako is injected into all SOLDIERS but for these guys it's overkill. A room marked "JENOVA" is here a well. Interesting. It's around now when Sephiroth starts to severely doubt who he is. Did Hojo create him? Are these experiments just like Sephiroth? Is Sephiroth a monster just like those experiments?
    [​IMG]

After sealing up the experiments the party takes a break back in town. This time we rent out an abandoned mansion named the Shinra Mansion. Here Sephiroth locks himself up in the library for days. Then one day...

The music at this points turns slightly creepy. Seems like something is up. Cloud heads down to see Sephiroth again. He's been taking in all the knowledge he can find in the basement library all this time. Well it seems his reasearch is finished. When we see Sephi he immediately calls Cloud a traitor. The planet he says originally belonged to the Cetra or what we call the Ancients. They traval planet to planet like nomads. They wanted to leave this planet but some of them decided to stay behind. The one's who stayed behind are our ancestors. Sephiroth is different, he was born from Jenova, an ancient just like from back then. That means the rest of the people who defied the planet are the enemy.

Sephiroth starts to storm out of the room, when Cloud asks where he's going, Sephiroth says what's probably my favorite line he ever says in any media
    [​IMG]

Things pick up now as we make it outside the mansion. The whole town is burning!
    [​IMG]
    A climatic part for this villain

We look around for survivors but it seems there are too few. We have to follow Sephi to the reactor, that's where he went. Once there we witness Tifa trying to stop Sephi, she's upset that he killed the townspeople and her father. Sephi callously cuts her with his long sword and Tifa slumps unconscious on the floor. Cloud checks over her wounds and charges after Sephi. He's inside the room marked "JENOVA", it seems this is what Sephiroth was referring to as mother. After a bizarre scene of him talking to some weird head, about how they will "reclaim" the land stolen from them, Cloud challenges Sephiroth to a fight.

It's here where everything Cloud remembers of the past ends. Wait what? He doesn't remember the fight against Sephiroth? For some reason Cloud can't recall what happened at that point afterwards. It remains a mystery why and how Cloud survived the fight. We also don't know anything still about the Jenova thing that Sephiroth took. The party thinks things over, it seems we still need to look for answers.

It's here I make my save.

16. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Enough break time, let's get this rolling again

=======================
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    =======================

First thing we have to do after leaving the town is to make our way northeast to a Chocobo farm. What the heck is a Chocobo? It looks like a giant bird\chicken
    [​IMG]
    Make sure to select this choice, he gives you a Chocobo\Mog summon!

This part was annoying, I have to buy a ludicrously expensive materia and some food items in order to catch a Chocobo in the world field outside. When you get in a random battle a Chocobo might be involved. Make sure to immediately use the food item you bought on that Chocobo before he runs away. Then waste the enemies before it finishes eating. It's easier if your party has magic and maybe some limit breaks at the ready. Anyway I got fed up at some point and unleashed my Chocobo\Mog summon.
    [​IMG]BANZAI MIDGARD!

After finally capturing a Chocobo I can make my way through the marsh to the south. There's a deadly snake monster and I need to avoid it so that's why the Chocobo ride is necessary. After crossing the marsh I say goodbye to my feathery friend and go inside the caves. A small scened shows that Sepheroth went this way. It's the only explanation for the giant dead snake that marks the entrance to the caves. Chasing the black capped man indeed. Inside the caves we meet up with the Turks, the president's bodyguards.
    [​IMG]
    Their newest member Elena let's slip that the president is traveling across the ocean on a barge in Juno Harbor. The Turks let me go as they have more important things to do.

I travel around the worldmap again in search of Juno. It's near the coast directly west from the cave exit. Before getting access to the harbor I enter a small fishing village. I somehow don't get the chance to heal my guys (must have missed it somehow?) and get thrust into a battle with a giant fish monster. Like the elevator fight from before only ranged weapons or magic can hit him. I waste him with the "bio" spell and limit breaks. After the fight I have to preform CPR on the little girl that was caught up in the action. For some bizarre reason the old man who I presume is her grandfather tells ME to perform the CPR. Hold on. You teach me the controls to the minigame CPR but you won't do it for your own granddaughter? I'm a complete stranger! Well we save her anyway (no matter how long you take). For my efforts I get the Shiva summon materia. Cool.

We decide to rest in the inn where Cloud get's a weird dream again. Some unknown voice tells him how come Tifa doesn't remember Cloud from the Nibelheim incident 5 years ago. A good question, Tifa should know all the details of the past but she doesn't really say much. Well that question will have to wait because there is a ruckus outside. It seems a parade in honor of President Rufus is being held in Juno. We got to get over there.

The little girl we rescued says we can climb the electrical tower to get into the town. Yeah that sounds safe. With the help of a jumping dolphin Cloud infiltrates into the barracks of the Juno army. Time to suit up.
    [​IMG]
    Can I keep the gun?

We get out into the harbor town and get a clear view of this place
    [​IMG]
    In Soviet Juno, gun is bigger then town

Trying to sneak into the parade...
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to be on TV!

I make a fool of myself of course. Anyway after the parade I'm ordered back to barracks. I'm told I'm suppose to see off the president on his ship. Alright, that's where I have to go. First thing first, make sure to look around the town for a little bit. There's a "Enemy Skill" materia that you can use to learn some enemy moves. Also there's this thing.
    [​IMG]Batteries not included
    You need it to unlock the secret ending :p
    I'm joking, really I am. This item is useless.

So we get to the ship where we await the president. I do another little minigame where I showoff my marching moves and net myself a new sword item. I did better then I thought I would. Anyway this is my chance to sneak on board the barge in my Shinra uniform. The rest of the party made it too. Onward to the new world!
    [​IMG]We bring the riches of Spain and European diseases!

====================
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    ====================

No Chocobo's were harmed during the making of this review

17. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Liar.

18. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    And we're off!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

While on the ship we find our party has successfully put on Shinra uniforms to hide their identities. Make sure to speak to everyone on the boat. You can't proceed until some guy moves out of the way. I spoke to Aeris twice when she mentioned something about finding Barret. That's when I was able to move towards the left most screen. Anyway we see Barret in his snuggy white sailor uniform (I wish I screenshot this) eavesdropping on the president. An alarm goes off at this point, it seems an intruder was spotted.

I meet the rest of my party and it becomes apparent we are not the spotted intruders. It must be Sephiroth! I go down below to find dead crew members and fight some random battles with guards. Going into one of the rooms I see a shady looking person looking away from me. First thing first (and make sure to do this because it's a missable item), go up the ladder to pick up this item.
    [​IMG]

Wait who uses this weapon? Anyway this is the party I'll be using for a while, noticed I decided against using Aeris. Her healing limit break is very useful against bosses but I wanted a challenge. Anyway all this talk about who I'm using is important because a boss fight is coming up! The person in the room dies and Sephiroth appears out of nowhere then fly's away (he can fly?). He leaves behind a nasty monster.

[​IMG]

It's Jenova and this is one tough boss. I deal with it only having to resort to one phoenix down. After the fight we learn it's only the arm of Jenova so it's safe to assume we're not done with this monster. Cloud reiterates to Barret the situation, Sephiroth is trying to find the promised land with Jenova. We have to find him and stop him. Don't forget to pick up the Ifrit Summon before leaving the room.

Afterwards the boat finally makes it to it's destination, a resort called Plaza de Sol, Sol Plaza, Sun Plaza, whatever works. I get off the boat and comment on what I thought of Barret and his "Sailor Suit"
    [​IMG]
    The mystery of Big Foot is solved!

I goof around a little, not much to see in this place. The people in the beach tell me some suspicious people were seen heading over the mountains so that's where I go.

I do a little grinding in this place because I have no money. Be careful about those bird enemies, the big bird has a petrify move. I save at the 8 hour and 20 minute mark at the top of some tracks.

[​IMG]
    So maybe his weight is a little unhealthy...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

19. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    They stole my weapons!!! This game!
    :cough: continuing where I left off

==============================
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[​IMG]
    Let me off this ride, it's not safe

After falling through the broken train tracks and picking up some items along the way I find this little spot and get asked the first morality question of the game
    [​IMG]
    Light side...or dark side?

Picking the treasure option nets you 10 Phoenix Downs. Uh, I would never do that ;)
    So after wandering around the tracks we finally make it to the mining town of Corel. Looks like Barret knows some people from here
    [​IMG]
    I agree he's nothing but trouble!

Rude welcome. Barret tells us a bit on how the Shinra betrayed the towns trust and destroyed his hometown. Barret was one of the leading voices in believing the Shinra lies about how the Mako reactor will help them. He feels pretty guilty for it and takes the blame. Since there is nothing else here we go to our next destination. The Golden Saucer! It's this fancy amusement park above Corel. I take a ride to towards it.
    [​IMG]
    Viva Las Vegas!

The entrance to this place is expensive, 3000 gil for one day, 30000 for life. I only have 5000. I can't believe how hard it is to make money in the beginning of this game. Even the damn save point has a cost!
    [​IMG]
    New Final Fantasy XV DLC, pay money to save your game now!
    It actually cost GP which you can only get inside. Where's the logic in that? Obviously the game doesn't want me to stop here so I continue.

After Barret storms off in a pissed off mood (remembering about the past sure doesn't help), I split off from the party to explore this amusement park. I find an interesting character here...
    [​IMG]
    Where's my sanity?
    Cait Sith calls himself a fortune teller so we do what any sensible person would do, we ask him where Sephiroth is. After a couple of fails he produces this interesting fortune
    [​IMG]
    My spiky hair?

The suspense of the fortune drives Cait Sith's curiosity to the max and he forces himself into my party. Well okay but I don't even know what to describe him as. A cat riding a moogle suit?

After this scene we find that something has happen to the park.
    [​IMG]
    Sounds familiar

Well that narrows down the list of candidates. The murders don't go unnoticed as the boss of the Golden Saucer accuses us of the murder. Without a chance to plead our innocence we get thrown into the underground dungeon by his guard robots. Now we have to find a way to get out of here, and...oh look who we found!
    [​IMG]
    Not knowing what's going on I chase after Barret. Is he the one killing these random people? Well I wish he killed that blasted thief monster who stole my Wizard Staff that was for Aeris. Unbelievable, be careful in this place. There's a thief enemy who steals your stuff and runs away. Of course I couldn't even load back because my save was way back (blasted GP save point).

I find Barret in a rundown shack where I thought he was going to pick a fight with me. It turns out he was only going to shoot at some wierdo who was following me throughout this area. Barret tells the group he wasn't the one that killed those people. There is another man who had the same gun implant on his arm just like Barret. It is most likely Barret's friend Dyne. Dyne was one of those opposed to the Shinra from the very beginning, he was forced to give up his pleas to reject the Shinra's proposal under pressure from the town and Barret. We see a little more of Barret's past as the Shinra burned down Corel and destroyed the lives they once had.

Barret wants to confront Dyne alone but we convince him that we're in this together. If Dyne has a bone to pick with the Shinra then we might have common cause. Well that's the plan anyway. Barret still needs to apologize to Dyne, we have to figure out what's the deal with the dead people, and we have to get out of here.

I make my save here.

20. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Starting to pick up a head of steam now

======================
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    ======================

Talking to random people and the only option left is to wander the desert. I go up there and just run around until I find a junk yard. This is the place where Dyne is hanging out. Looks like he's the de facto boss of this rundown prison. Barret tries to reason with Dyne but it seems he has lost all his marbles. His hatred of the Shinra drove him a little insane, he vows to destroy everything and everyone. Even when Barret mentions that Dyne's real daughter is alive and well, Dyne vows to "return" her to her dead mother.
    [​IMG]

There's only one way to settle this now. A good old fashion western shootout between two former friends
    [​IMG]

I beat up Dyne and he stumbles away from the party. He tells us how he lost more then his arm on that day. He tells Barret he has too much blood on his hands and that Barret should take care of Marlene. She probably was too young to remember Dyne anyway. With his final words said, Dyne jumps off the cliff leaving a contemplative Barret behind.
    [​IMG]
    I hope he wasn't serving food at Tifa's Bar

With his past settle we head back to one of the bosses of this place. Hearing that Dyne is dead he let's one of us get the chance to win our freedom in a Chocobo race. Cloud get's the call and all that he has to do is win one race. Easy enough, we get taken towards the lounge where the jockeys are waiting. Make sure to pick up that Ramuh materia in the top right corner! I think it might be another missable.

I lost the first race (completely forgot about the controls) but get infinite chances to win and won the second race.
    [​IMG]
    Kiss my feathery butt!

That wasn't so hard. The manager, Dio, as a means of falsely imprisoning us awards us a nice dune buggy that will allow me to travel the world map a little easier. He also says some guy called Sephiroth was heading up north. Good stuff let's leave this place, just looking at it makes me lose money.

I get out in the world map and get slightly confused on where to go. Dio says to go north but technically going north from the Golden Saucer will lead you back to the mining town. What we have to do his head all the way south, then go west, and then go straight north pass a river bank that your buggy can cross. Before that though make sure you go into the forest area because there is a secret enemy waiting for you.
    [​IMG]
    The save is a TRAP!

Seriously don't touch the save point, she'll run away (what's with this game and save points!?). After passing a speech check Yuffie joins my party, yes! I will now play this entire game with this party, Cloud, Cait Sith, and Yuffie. I never tried this combo before so why not? Yuffie has long range weapons so she can sit in the back row.

Oh and try not to fight these guys
    [​IMG]
    Where's Chrono Trigger Frog when you need him?

These battles took like five minutes, how annoying. Anyway we go as far as we can with the buggy before it breaks down at a certain point. That's okay, as luck would have it we find this little observatory village.
    [​IMG]
    Well that's convenient

I bet he broke the buggy. I bet 10,000 gil he broke it. Come on take the bet, I need the money because this place has some good materia. I save here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Frog Jab