Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Code Geass or Death Note

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Daflea, May 19, 2013.

1. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    corrrrrrrrrrrect

2. Xarclesh Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Death Note - I have an increasingly hard time with the fact N figured everything out so quickly. Pretty much everything was fail after L died in my opinion. Light's whole death scene, however, was hilarious. (Probably watched that scene alone 10-20 more times than the actual anime.) Also every time I eat potato chips now I feel pretty epic for some reason ;)

Code Geass - Only disappointment I found in this one was not enough orange-kun! haha :p
    R2 kind of picked up slow at the beginning too.

I prefer CG over DN because the overall impact of the conclusion was just plain better.

3. Daflea Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Auldor wrote:
    I thought it may be 2 seasons but I was never sure the part after L dies dose feel like the end of a season.
    I THOUGHT THE SAME THING... lol caps lock.. :3

4. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    arclesh wrote:
    Death Note – I have an increasingly hard time with the fact N figured everything out so quickly. Pretty much everything was fail after L died in my opinion. Light’s whole death scene, however, was hilarious. (Probably watched that scene alone 10-20 more times than the actual anime.) Also every time I eat potato chips now I feel pretty epic for some reason

well, L also knew Kira was Light, but just couldnt prove it, from N's perspective, finding out who did it was easy, the difficult part is proving it.

also

5. Daflea Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So the fault of the anime (Death Note) was Kira's follower's mistake? (I for get his name but he says delete a lot.)

6. BennyDragonheart Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Daflea wrote:
    So the fault of the anime (Death Note) was Kira’s follower’s mistake? (I for get his name but he says delete a lot.)

I need to watch it again, but I think so.

7. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    So the fault of the anime (Death Note) was Kira’s follower’s mistake? (I for get his name but he says delete a lot.)

yea, entirely true, if he hadnt messed up and gone to the bank outside of his routine, he never would have been caught (at that point)

8. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I really liked Death Note. I think it went downhill after L died. The story seems to have been picked up by different writers. Especially with the whole kidnapping thing.

As for Code Geass I couldn't get into the first episode. The concept really doesn't appeal to me at all. It bored me after the first 5 minutes. So I won't say anything else about it.

9. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    thats to bad, they are both psychological thrillers, but the mechs and war really do throw people off in code geass

10. Daflea Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well what about another season for Code Geass? I mean, The ending set it up for the rest of Suzaku's life as Zero didn't it?

11. Auldor Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well what about another season for Code Geass? I mean, The ending set it up for the rest of Suzaku’s life as Zero didn’t it?

yes but now the war is over and there is no one left to fight the other countries are now working together, Suzaku is taking the part of Zero but mostly just as a symbol for others. so I don't think there is any point to another season.

12. Daflea Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What a disappointment though. With one empire owing more then half the earth with tyrants as rulers I would expect something. maybe a movie? OVA? something to put my mind at rest. I still feel like so much more could have happened.

13. Sneffe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've seen this question quite a few times and honestly I find it hard to give my honest opinion on which of the two animes I like the best. But if I really were to pick on of the two it would probably be Death Note. The reason why I chose this anime is because it centers around the psychological battle between Yagami Light and L and where the two always tries to reveal the other person's true identity.

The thing that I did not like about Code Geass was that the middle part of the show was sort of "meh", because it seemed like the once awesome mecha battles suddenly just lacked the psychological warfare that once characterized them. Also I found the Britanian characters (except Lelouch) to be rather dull characters with no depth to them.  The rest of the show was a masterpiece though... especially the ending ^^

14. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'd choose Code Geass just for the reason I enjoyed it more. Death Note had a heavier atmosphere from the very beginning

15. Daflea Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I loved both Animes endings, and to me they were both a shock....

16. GreatOak Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    They are both good, but I would choose Code Gease. Death Note has a great concept, but like many I hated the ending. Code Gease had more... "Dumb" moments... but it had more to offer in my opinion. And even though it will never happen, CG has more opportunities for more season/a movie because
    Lelouche lives

17. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't really classify CG as a psychological anime, but that's just me

18. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Either way I'd still pick Death Note. I liked the few episodes I saw of Code Geass but Death Note will always hold a special place for me. It was the first anime I finished and the first Manga I finished.

19. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    They are both great, but if i have to pick it would easily be Code Geass. I prefer Lelouch over Light anytime. Both characters ideas were good and i would love to do what Light did, get rid of the scum. But he went too insane for my liking in the end. Still a masterpiece though.

20. Dirtie00 El Psy Kongroo

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Code Geass>Death Note