Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Can't Replicate Broken Images On Sos Brigade Section

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by Supernatural-Knight, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Eh I'm going to open this thread again because has this really been resolved? I mean sure there is something there but it doesn't serve as a link, nor does it contain what thread it is. Plus I just get a whole heap of the broken image pictures which doesn't do anything. Is this an issue on my end or with the theme I am using? Who knows. Any ideas @Crazy Potato because I think having a link to a discussion is more useful rather than a bunch of dead images.
    [​IMG]

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That doesn't show up on my theme, which pulls directly from the default "JustAnimeForum" (with a few tweaks, like removing the Chatango embed and replacing it with a link instead).

Which theme are you using?

3. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    I get the same on mine and so does Spor.
    This is mobile

Attached Files:

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The default forum theme is doing this and that's a big problem.

Idk why you bragged like it was fixed @Crazy Potato lol

5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    what have i done. have i created something that would lead to a civil war?xD

as far as im concerned its fixed.
    upload_2018-4-18_11-18-44.png

im currently using Version 65.0.3325.181 of chrome and its working fine.

6. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    After I fixed it 3 members confirmed it as such with no bugs
    It's all good in the hood in my theme which has the same code.
    • Pc Browser
    [​IMG]

• Mobile Browser
    [​IMG]

#6 Crazy Potato, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Yes I think you have, it is now time for us to choose sides in this ensuring bloodbath.

@Vashnik @Crazy Potato I'm just using the default Justanimeforum style. I'm also on Safari. I know a lot of people go straight to blaming safari and saying how crap it is but meh, I have it so I'll use it.

8. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't have Safari and have no desire to install bloatware just to test Safari. And by bloatware, I mean that annoying Apple Software Update crap that keeps insisting I should install more Apple crap. And it looks like they don't even support Windows at all anymore, so I wouldn't be able to test for bugs using Safari anyways without snatching a macOS and installing it to a virtual machine just so I have access to the latest version of Safari. I don't get paid enough at my real job to put up with Apple's ridiculous policies and prices, just so I can support their crapware as a volunteer staff member or as a website administrator for my own site. They just completely cut off any hope of getting web developers to support Safari alongside other browsers. Most users use Windows for client-side computers. Very few companies use Apple computers, unless they specifically design Apple-based software. Cross platform? You can pretty much forget it if the company or developer doesn't have an Apple computer.

*adds to the list of Apple's dumbest moves, right below "refusing to support their newest line of Apple machines even when the customer is willing to pay for the out-of-warranty service."*

And Apple wonders why they get so much hate.

This thread is now a "can't replicate" just because of Apple's lack of Safari for Windows support and I will be splitting the thread since the original issue was resolved and the new issue is different from the original.

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    So not sure if it helps or not, but the broken image I am shown seems to be coming from the Mature club section. All the clubs and threads are turned to broken images on the main forum. But upon clicking the SOS brigade the Mature section is the only one affected.
    After clicking that sub forum though everything seems fine again. Not a single broken image is anywhere to be seen. I wonder where the issue is coming from exactly.

10. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so there was a permissions issue that led to this "Broken Images Season 2" thread in which the image tag was acting up and breaking some images, including some of the trophies if one observed it while this was going on. Check to see if those "broken images" also fixed your Safari image rendering of the SOS Brigade forum "last poster" avatar.

11. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    It sounded promising @Vashnik but nope. Sorry but it is still there. Very unusual since the link is replaced by the broken image and the title of the thread is only visible when I hover over the dots at the end of them.