Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Best anime you've seen so far?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by AnimeFreak7397, Aug 1, 2013.

1. AnimeFreak7397 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    So, if you had to choose, what would you say is your favourite Anime so far, and why?
    for me, personally,my favourite is DragonBall Z, as i grew up watching it with my brothers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    It's hard for me to label something as best. I enjoy FT the most. But to call something the best is hard because I can think of many show which accel in certain areas more than others.

3. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    so far, code geass, FMA:brotherhood, Steins Gate, rurouni kenshin, death note

4. AnimeFreak7397 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    yeah, i see what you mean, Spor, for a while it was hard for me to choose, but then i started to watch DBZ with my brothers again and that was when i decided it was my favourite, question, do you have a top 5, or do you like all anime the same?
    Also, are you still doing livestream next saturday, and if you are, what movie is it?

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    yeah, i see what you mean, Spor, for a while it was hard for me to choose, but then i started to watch DBZ with my brothers again and that was when i decided it was my favourite, question, do you have a top 5, or do you like all anime the same?
    Also, are you still doing livestream next saturday, and if you are, what movie is it?

Fairy Tail
    Lupin the Third
    Mirai Nikki
    Hunter x Hunter
    Cowboy Bebop

I guess if I had to pick one it would be Fairy Tail.

And yeah the club watches a movie every Saturday. This week we're doing a movie marathon.

http://dubtopian-review.eu/groups/anime-saturdays/forum/topic/300-members-marathon-schedule/

6. AnimeFreak7397 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Interesting list, for me it would have to be:
    DragonBall Z
    Rosario+Vampire
    Naruto
    Fairy Tail
    Bleach.

and ok, i'll check out that link!!!! thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheMojdak Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    A really hard question to be honest. I have a favorite among different genres, with extremely close followups. Hard to choose only one since some offer what others do not and vice versa. Anyways here goes:

If I had to choose one at all, it would be Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, just because it has everything a good anime needs and more.

Action: Black Lagoon and all sequels. Nothing gets your blood pumping like a bunch of hardcore chicks shooting stuff and trying to kill everything.

Mecha: Got to hand it to Gurren Lagaan. The complex story gives it first place. I like animations of Gundam better but hate the crybaby protagonists in each of their series.

Comedy: Baka to Test. Never laughed so hard.

Mystery: Death Note. Love dem complex stories.

Romance: Sword Art Onl....I kid. Clannad Afterstory  FTW. I still like SAO a lot  but Clannad takes the cake.

Long Lasting series: Naruto. Yeah so I ship some characters in this anime and have been watching it for a long time.

Abstract: Bakemonogatari and sequels/prequels. An extremely original series. Personally don't like the whole demons concept and such but I love the characters and their personalities.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AnimeFreak7397 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    A really hard question to be honest. I have a favorite among different genres, with extremely close followups. Hard to choose only one since some offer what others do not and vice versa. Anyways here goes:

If I had to choose one at all, it would be Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, just because it has everything a good anime needs and more.

Action: Black Lagoon and all sequels. Nothing gets your blood pumping like a bunch of hardcore chicks shooting stuff and trying to kill everything.

Mecha: Got to hand it to Gurren Lagaan. The complex story gives it first place. I like animations of Gundam better but hate the crybaby protagonists in each of their series.

Comedy: Baka to Test. Never laughed so hard.

Mystery: Death Note. Love dem complex stories.

Romance: Sword Art Onl….I kid. Clannad Afterstory FTW. I still like SAO a lot but Clannad takes the cake.

Long Lasting series: Naruto. Yeah so I ship some characters in this anime and have been watching it for a long time.

Abstract: Bakemonogatari and sequels/prequels. An extremely original series. Personally don’t like the whole demons concept and such but I love the characters and their personalities.

i have to agree with you on the Baka To Test, both seasons, funniest anime i have ever seen, but for me, Romance is: Rosario+Vampire

Action/Adventure: Zero no Tsukaima.

Fighting/Supernatural/Super-power: DragonBall/DragonBall Z/DragonBall Z Kai.

Mystery: none yet.

Mecha: Infinite Stratos.

9. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I wouldn't label something the best as there are flaws in everything.
    I may have enjoyed Saki, Girls Und Panzer and Strike Witches more than I should have, but they're not necessarily the best.
    Except Saki, people say Saki is one of the best sports anime to come out.

10. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Code Geass. The end.

Runner-ups include Fullmetal Alchemist (2003), Gundam 00, and Steins;Gate.

CG is just one awesome plot twist after another and all the political fanfare and speeches and giant mechas fighting and intricate character drama just culminate into total awesomesauce.

11. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    @Sporadic, i'm suprised Mirai Nikki is in your top 5.

@DemonEyesJoe, nice list. I haven't seen FMA and Steins;Gate yet, but the other 3 are great. (Haven't finished Code Geass yet though).

My top 5:
    1 - One Piece: Because i am a shounen fan and this is simply the best shounen ever made. It has evrything my heart desires in anime. While catching up to it i even got weeks behind on my weeklys, while that was not even a very active season.

2 - Naruto + Shipuuden: Added Shippuuden to it because, as Naruto watchers know, that's when it got really really good. I enjoyed Naruto, but i loved Naruto Shippuuden. It managed to get 2nd place because i can ignore fillers. If i added the fillers it would be lower, but i simply look at the real story because that's what the manga author made and that's what counts to me.

3 - Space Brothers (Uchuu Kyoudai): Slice of life, a genre i hate, about a life that's not for evryone. It has pretty much evrything. For once not evrything goes the main character's way and he actually has bad luck. It's just so realistic and this anime is way too underrated. It's really amazing.

4 - Bakuman: Currently at episode 11 of season 3. Kinda the same explanation as Space Brothers. Slice of life anime about a job that's not just for anyone. A very special anime and it shows how difficult it is to make a manga, get it serialized and keep it running. And they show how many authors fall after only a few chapters. Amazing anime.

5 - Rurouni Kenshin: The first anime i watched knowing it's an anime. Watched it back in 2006 and i loved it. It used to be my favorite anime untill i watched One Piece and after i got more into anime it dropped because there's so much greatness. It remains in my top 5 though. Rewatching it currently with a friend and i still enjoy it alot.

While i'm at it i have to give a special mention to Phantom: Requiem for the phantom which was in my top 5 untill i watched Bakuman.

12. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    1: When They Cry: Best anime I've seen. I love horror anime and it was the only one I've seen that freaked me out. I've seen all of it.

2: Death Note: The first anime and Manga series I finished. I love almost everything about it except for the second season.

3: Fate/Zero: I think it's much better the Fate/Stay Night IMO

4: Mirai Nikki: How could it not be one of my favorites?

5: Shiki: A really underrated anime IMO. The only anime I watched while it was simul-cast

13. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Best:
    Shinsekai Yori
    Cowboy Bebop
    Code Geass
    Death Note
    Tsumiki no Ie

Favorite:
    Bakuman.
    Code Geass
    Death Note
    Kuroko no Basket
    Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    1. Death Note
    2. Mirai Nikki
    3. Gurren Lagann
    4. Mawaru Penguindrum
    5. Star Driver

I'm willing to explain why I love all of these, but one thing that always gets me is symbols in anime and all of these have those.

15. Strexion Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well if I had to choose either Trinity Blood or Bleach but Rurouni kenshin was always one of my favs.

16. Mal327 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't choose best but these are some of my favorites:

1. Steins;Gate - There is just something about this that just foreces me to love be it the combination of many genres or the story, i just like it.

2. Fate/Zero - IMO 10x better then either Fate/Stay Night or UBW

3. Black Lagoon - How can someone not like this, its get you going every episode with foul motuhed in your face females.

4. Clannad/After Story - So many feels felt while watching this, luckily i wasn't spoiled like most when i watched this. So i got to enjoy the full effect of the ending.

Nichijou - Im not sure what to say about this one it was just random full on through. The gags were always funny and kept me laughing through to the end.

17. Uallandme Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    my best would be between Future Diary or Death Note, whiles my favorite would be Nichijou or Clannad : after story

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    1. Death Note
    2. Mirai Nikki
    3. Gurren Lagann
    4. Mawaru Penguindrum
    5. Star Driver

I’m willing to explain why I love all of these, but one thing that always gets me is symbols in anime and all of these have those.

>Mawaru Penguindrum

Explain.
    Because I've heard Penguindrum is really.. messed-up..
    People have been saying there's alot of rape in it.

19. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    That's only in the first arc of the show. Technically it doesn't go anywhere, only with some slightly odd characterization. Yes the first 8 eps are about a girl basically stalking her teacher, but that is for a reason that makes sense within the show to further the narrative of the show.
    Attempted. And I only remember that in one scene. Unless they count the soul scenes....
    Before that she repeatedly tries to get a man to fall in love with her because she is convinced that it is her destiny because her sister loved the man (and vice versa) and her sister died on the same day that she was born, believing that she was the reincarnation of her sister. This is further empasized by her parents calling her Momoka in their grieving. That scene is the end of her arc as she is about to get him to make him love her (by making love to her under the influence of a love potion), only for her to stop it before it gets started. She ultimately runs out and is almost hit by a car only to be saved by her love interest. While she tries once more, she still doesn't go through with it. This teaches her not to be bound by the idea of fate, which is a central theme of this anime.
    When I first saw this show, I actually took a hiatus from watching it after the first 6 or so eps for the exact reason of, the story isn't going anywhere, it's just about this crazy rape lady. I was told by nextday and watermonkey to continue on after that because that is only Ringo's arc, and there were still other arcs in that show.
    Actually reading through the synopsis (because it's been about two years since I saw it), there's another close call with a yuri rape, but that's also stopped. That's also due to Momoka, the dead sister.
    Unless you count when they kiss and grab the guy's soul. I guess you could count that as a form of rape that happens.

20. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Ahh yes I have heard about the Yuri rape.
    The one with the lesbian stalker and the.. odd girl.
    I may consider watching it in the near future, but it'll be after Utena (Utena was directed by the same person who directed Sailor Moon and Penguindrum).

Also quick question, have you seen Nanoha yet?
    I think you'd enjoy it, it's dark for it's genre and it showcases the power of friendship.. in the most oddest way possible.