Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Asylum Game Brainstorming

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Metazoxan, May 5, 2013.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    let me tell you all a story

Once upon a time there was a kingdom. The kingdom had many nobles and lords who all made decrees to better the Land. But sadly it was not to be. Slowly these lords slowly died off and disappeared. Some didn't even remember them, others didn't care, but one group managed to hold on and continue to exist. The game guild was what it was called and it even survived the destruction of it's homeland. The guild spent months living as refugees until finally the survivors founded a new homeland. Now for those that may not be familiar with how the guild works it's rules are as follows

Any game you wish to make should be discussed before creating it. This mostly for refinement purposes but also if there is another just like it currently active the idea will be rejected. However, this does not count long dead forum games. If you wish to remake an old game rather than reviving it then that is acceptable. But a game must not have any posts for at least four or more months to be considered dead. I encourage people to be creative with game ideas although taking popular games from other forums is acceptable.

So if you want to make games consider joining my guild. If you do not wish to formally join the guild but still want to give input then that is welcome as well. But if you intend to post in here more than once in a while then you should formally join. But I am not tyrannical and am not saying all games have to be cleared by me or else. You can make games without going through the guild if you so wish. The guild is simply here to bring everyone together in an effort to have fun together rather than everyone just doing their own thing.

2. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad that the was created, and thanks for the invite.

Just a question: if you have an idea, do just post it on here or do you make a new thread(still within the group of course)?

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    You can do either. If you have a basic idea and want to discuss that then post in here. If you want to show off the idea and iron out any issues make a new thread. The former is preferable but either will work.

4. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so here's just a random idea:

It's another story idea, but instead of having each poster post the next sentence, the posters post either the Building, the Climax, or the resolution. Something along the lines of:

Person1: McDonald's scientists create a formula to grow meat.

Person2: Kids spill it onto a hot dog. It comes to life and they need fight the evil zombie Wiener dog.

Person3: News spread and obesity rates declines 30%

Obviously, we would still need to work on it to get any kinks out of it, but what do you guys think of it as a starting idea?

5. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    So what happens after person 3? Does the next one start a new story?

If I understand you right the idea is to have each person write out one part of a 3 act structure plot. So how long should people have their posts? Should we have a minimum of a couple sentences or would what you basically posted be good enough?

6. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, after the third person the next one will start a new one.

I think that either what I posted, or a mini paragraph would be fine. Even if we set a specific amount one needs to post, it'll be up to the poster how long it'll be anyway. But I would say that what I posted would be a minimum and a paragraph would be the max, if we even want a max.

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    How about no max. If a guy wants to write a novel let him. if it freezes up the game (because no one wants to read the whole thing) then we can make a max. But how often are people going to write that much for a forum game?

To make it more interesting maybe we could also assign a specific theme once in a while. For example in the first post it could say

*Blah blah blah rules and stuff blah*

Theme:fast food
    and then

Person1: McDonald’s scientists create a formula to grow meat.

Person2: Kids spill it onto a hot dog. It comes to life and they need fight the evil zombie Wiener dog.

Person3: News spread and obesity rates declines 30%

For when we don't want a theme we could just put

Theme: none

8. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really like the theme idea.

I can't really think of anything else to add to it, so do you think this is good enough to start it?

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    yeah we can try make it. Go ahead and post within the club.

10. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What should I name it?

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Maybe something like three act or triple act? Since the idea centers around a 3 act story structure it's name should be based on that.

12. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    @metazoxan or anyone here of the group, ^^

i would like to ask some inputs from you guys about this game i just come up.

its similar to word association and "^ > V" game of the old forum but only using anime characters.

mechanics

^ - connecting character
    > - what/why they are connected
    v - next anime character to connect

ex

person 1 : ditto

person 2 :
    ^ charizard
    > pokemon
    v akemi homora

person 3 :
    ^ okabe rintaro
    > time travel
    v shiina mayuri

person 4 :
    ^ nadeko senguko
    > same japanese VA
    v ... and so on

13. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    That seems like an interesting idea but what if all three were connected as in

person 1 : ditto

person 2 :
    ^ charizard
    > pokemon
    v Mewtwo

person 3 :
    ^ Misaka Mikoto
    > ESP
    v Hyobu Kyosuke

person 4 :
    ^ Nagato/Pain
    > Anti-villain
    v … and so on

This way the game has a bit more flow and a pattern to it. Rather than just making random pairings. Plus players can have fun trying to get the theme as far away from the previous one as possible.

14. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    thanks for the input meta but that would be a bit (a bit xD) tedious as the next person has to think 2 characters that has same connectors (lets just use that for the time being xD).

im trying to make the the game easy and only requires minimal thinking. though it also is a good idea. i am just giving a way for the players that would pick their favorite characters to be paired(V) with that are not directly connected to the character they paired (^).

its a proposal game so im still gathering inputs from anyone and what you said has been taken into consideration.

15. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't really think of anything else to add, it sounds interesting.
    I do like this idea though!

Edit:

@Metazoxan :
    Here's an idea that I stole from another forum:
    What if we do another forum adventure? Of course, the adventure would have a basic story line that the author would push along, but smaller events would be decided by the other posters, sort of like that Text Adventure thread that Uromov had except with illustrations?

16. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    would anyone like to try doing anything in this group again?

17. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0
    I have an idea for a game, it's quite simple:

Each person has to tag up to 3 other people. Those who has been tagged must tag up to 3 others. People already tagged on the same page shall not be tagged twice.
    I think it would be somewhat fun since everyone enjoys receiving notifications.

18. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    @Nonononoki sorry I just forgot to reply to this.

My thought with this game is wouldn't it end rather quickly since with one person tagging three people each you'd pretty much tag most of the forum in no time. Also to make it more interesting should there be something you have to do when tagging? Like "You must [blank]" before tagging or something like that?

19. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0
    I don't think that it'll be that fast to get all of the members of DT. And we could just start over once we reach the end.
    We could just add something like: Give the person you're tagging something nice e.g. a picture, quote, ect.

20. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    What if we just made it one person tags up to two people and they have to give anyone they tag a "Gift" (Like you said a pic or something but it needs to be something the user would enjoy). Three just seems like it would branch too fast. Also since we are adding requirements to tag anyone some might not want to tag two and just go with one. Well they can do that as well.