Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Archived] Suggestions For Site Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    While not a bad idea to have some kind of information there, we have to think across all our themes. Take the Throwback theme for example;it's logo is much shorter than the Default's theme.
    [​IMG]
    If something was added into that section, we'd want to make sure it look good no matter the height of the logo for the selected theme.

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    well with current implementation offered the "simple yet elegant" kind of atmosphere but for me its too simple and static.

oh yeah i forgot about the other themes.

i think i have a solution for that. how about if we edit that image of the throw back to a transparent one. an image that only contains the mascot and the "justDUBS/JDO" text. the universe/space background of the justdubs theme just made it look out of place. once that one is solved, adding the "rotator" (lets just call it like that for the mean time as i dont know what to call it xD) to any theme would fit.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I think @Crazy Potato can replicate the throwback themes banner to accomplish that. After that I'd be willing to implement something to the effect of what you're asking for. I'll just tag it in with the other news stuff I do.

4. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    @Noobs I have shown this to only like 3 people but meh it's time to show everyone what I've been taking my time on!
    My JustDubs Forums Throwback theme.
    Note: I have to remove a few things like the Member of the Month, the bottom "Online now" bar and add in the side bar!
    Forums
    Image Link: http://puu.sh/h3cq7.png
    [​IMG]
    Inside a thread
    Image Link: http://puu.sh/h3dr5.png
    [​IMG]

#164 Crazy Potato, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    And the most important part, it needs to be purple lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dark Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can you add what new episodes are being add on to this sit.

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    A recent episodes block will be added soon. Likely once we implement separate pages for the episodes rather than grouping them in tabs on one page.

8. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It'd probably look better if it were a text-based rotator instead of a picture and have the width on a percentage, that way someone with a 1080p monitor/TV can fill that void all the way to the right side of the screen (I use the 1920 x 1080 resolution). Those with a smaller resolution will see it condensed a bit since the percentage is based on screen size. So maybe have a character limit of about 250 characters per message, give or take a few characters.

Another idea would be to create a theme designed to incorporate a logo and have the menu and search to the right of the logo. I can try to draft a concept/picture of the idea.

Edit: Here is the theme design idea I was talking about.
    JDO-Theme-Design-Concept.png ( <- Click the thumbnail)

#168 Vashnik, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
  9. Dirtie00 El Psy Kongroo

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    im not fan of that it looks way to bunched up :(

10. credge Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw the messages about turning of my ad blocker so you guys can get your advertising funding, I thought maybe your ads wouldn't be too bad. Re-enabled it 5 seconds later because there was an audio/video ad that was apparently set to max volume. Needless to say my ears didn't appreciate this and my ad-blocking plugin will remain turned on for the time being.

I don't know how much of your site's funding actually comes from advertising, but I suspect I am not the only person this has happened to, so I thought I'd mention it in case it is important.

11. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    A majority of most sites funding comes from advertisements. The only other option would be donations. If you could describe the ad we can restrict it from appearing. I actually only have adblocker disabled on this site so I have personally never seen an audio ad.

12. credge Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's one of your streaming providers. Maybe your adblocker is better and is able to allow only banner ads while restricting ads embedded in other sites? I don't know. This second time I tried it, and was assaulted at ear piercing volume by an ad in the second video window for Railgun S episode 4. This time I believe it was an ad for some fantasy game, with another picture ad layered over it, and both the skip and volume buttons on it were unresponsive. This happened 2 of the 3 times I loaded the page, the other time it had a loading symbol instead.

I have no problem with normal advertisements, but something that seems to be attempting to figure out which will blow first: my speakers or my ears, will not be tolerated.

13. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Oh, we have no control over the streaming hosts ads. I'll try and replicate the experience and then shoot the host an email about getting it removed. They're typically pretty good about removing obstructive ads.

14. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's just a theme idea that some might like to have, specifically those who think the header bit has too much void space. It doesn't have to be the default theme, if that was what you were worried about. I only used the current theme to get the concept available in a picture format (and so it didn't look like an MS Paint slopfest), the colors and logo of course don't have to be the same.

15. I_happen_to_like_Naruto Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For the site, is it possible to work on the way it works with PS4 because I'm not gonna move my PC downstairs to use on my living room tv and my office chair is uncomfortable... anyway, not just about me but possibly for others as well because it doesn't go fullscreen on PS4 and you guys are the most up to date (and best) for shippuden

16. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    That's pretty much on the streaming sites we use to support compatibility with the ps4 browser. Most sites like that are not friendly towards consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    There's a few things that have been bugging me lately. Some "funny" business seems to happen when I try to edit really long posts. Here's a screenshot.
    [​IMG]
    Shrunk the text and highlighted in red the problem. The post automatically adds these spoiler tags even though I didn't put them there. Even deleting it won't work because it comes right back. You can see behind that window how part II and part III have two spoiler tags despite the fact I made sure they only suppose to have one.

It bugs the heck out of me, is that a bug or something regarding the spoiler tags?

Also this shouldn't be the first thing I see when I enter the site on May 12
    [​IMG]

I sound like my father in retail. Always getting mad that the stores put up advertisements on their front windows past the expiration date. The other slides show useful information but that one is out of date and it's the first thing I see entering the home page.
    I can't be the only one noticing that... am I? :confused:

18. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The spoiler thing seems to appear (for me at least) when there's too many spoiler tags going on in my post. Are you using the shortcuts to spoiler tag or are you manually typing out the bbcode? I found that deleting all of the spoiler tags in my post and then manually typing out the bbcode fixes the issue.

And the late removal of the April event is my fault. Fell behind on it because we're pushing really hard to get these broken anime fixed up. I'd say we're at about 85% of having one working host for everything.

I'll update the rotator/slider images and the news articles on the homepage in the next day or so.

19. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    In this thread I mention how to enable *only site ads* using an addon called Ghostery. This means that the video ads aren't loaded but the site related ones are. As far as I've seen the site ads have never had audio, the video ads though can but we don't have control over those. I can answer any questions you might have. Just pm me
    http://justdubsonline.net/forum/threads/support-site-by-enabling-site-ads.6332/

20. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Well, sound ads can at least be reported and potentially taken down by the host. Just need to know which host was doing it and the type of content in the ad which was being played. Some sites are pretty good about that since they realize it's a potential deterrent for their customers when they encounter something obstructive like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.