Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Archived] Suggestions For Site Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Sooo... just wondering if this is the place to ask this...
    Any chance that when someone @ mentions you or makes a comment on your profile, etc, that you could get an email saying it's happened? It's just, I'm lucky to see if anything like that has happened as the notification just gets lost in the sea of alerts at the top of the screen...

2. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    @Mafiacow
    I think that is an option in alert preferences - "Tags you in a profile post or comment"

3. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @ShadowLinks Nope, I've got everything ticked there, and I didn't even see that I was tagged in this thread by you, likely 'cause it was lost in the sea.

4. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    now that i think about it the only email i got was due to watching the thread....

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it will email you based off being tagged. Only for threads you watch, created or reply in.

6. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    That's what I'm asking, if it'd be possible for that to be changed please?

7. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I poked around the ACP for some time and did not see an option to enable email notifications for mentions or profile posts. Sorry that it's not a part of xF out-of-the-box, but I will look at seeing if such an addon is out there.

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Same, maybe I just wasn't clear enough with Mafia about it.

As an alternative, there is an expanded version of all the alerts; if you go to the alerts tab there is a show all button. I doubt anyone would have enough notifications in one day to have one of them become buried on an entire page view.

9. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Thanks. ^_^

Ah, so that's what that button does. But, it's not really much of an improvement; having to go there and look through all the notifications for a tag that might not even exist. Thanks for telling me about it though.

10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Sporadic @Kiri I mentioned this before but didn't get a direct response from either of you two regarding this. Any chance we can get a raise on the character limit for posting messages on profiles? 400 characters just isn't enough, yes there is always the PM option but there is nothing wrong with leaving a VM every now and then.
    Is this at all possible? If so I'm not asking for a drastic increase but something that allows people to post everything they'd want to and not be cut off mid sentence.
    Just this request has taken a lot of characters, that amount really is too small of a limit for VMs which are meant to be for smaller discussions.

11. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately there is no option in the ACP to increase the limit for profile post. I do remember briefly talking to Mafia and/or BK about this. I did ask on of the xF mods regarding this at around the same time I was told about this and they said that 400 was set that way to encourage thread creation/posts. I did request in future updates to have the ability to have change this value within the ACP.

12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    One reason I was initially against XF was their lack of updates, so don't hold your breath on that. Well, I should say, adding stuff that genuinely addresses any requests from their consumers. Most of the release history is addressing bugs and minor fixes.

13. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Thanks for checking, sucks that nothing can be done about it unless they specifically make the changes with the program. 400 characters just isn't enough and not everything is thread worthy so I'm wondering how much the creators actually use their forum type if they've never encountered this as an issue.
    Too bad for us I guess.

14. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    They probably just use PMs instead.

15. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Considering the PM's were there before Visitor Messages, let alone "writing on someones virtual wall" I see a very good, very valid reason not to change the Visitor Messages character limit, let alone add a limit changing setting. It was never meant to hold detailed conversations. It was meant for small chat like "hello" or "this dude/lady is a genius at art."

16. Kanagari Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Long time no see! Anyway, I was wondering why we left arrowchat. I personally liked that more. When I made a chatango account, I started to get a lot of chat invites. I would love to have arrowchat back. Just a personal opinion.

17. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    We are no longer using arrowchat. We will continue using Chatango from now on.

18. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I think we need to find a better set of Smilies. Some sites have some really fun and immaginative smilies and JD's smilies were fairly basic but we have a large variety. Our current set is just a small handful and they are pretty basic at that.

It's a minor detail for the most part but I think having some good smilies can make a forum just a little more fun.:D

I don't mean anything too over the top but just a collection with a little more variety and maybe personality to them.

19. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I do agree that Smilies would be a nice touch. I have looked for some alternatives before hand, but there's not as many out there as I'd have liked. I did find a set that I did like, but I have to 'OK' it with the other admins.

20. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Could I see the set you are talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.