Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Archived] Suggestions For Site Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vishal09x Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yea the purple is nice.

2. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I have a suggestion. I see under Art and Entertainment we have a manga news yet the sub/dub anime news is located under Anime Chat. While this somewhat makes sense, usually there isn't a whole lot of posts or chatting when it comes to the sub/dub anime news that is posted within each thread. So, I propose the anime chat be relocated to the art & entertainment since, it is art & entertainment and makes more sense over all, esp when the manga news is located there.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Nah, sorry. Adding in red and purple to the theme makes the colors too contrasting.

The forums aren't finished being structured yet. There will be a News parent section added soon along with an area for the download section, anime requests and reports.

4. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually a little bit of purple wouldn't be that contrasting if you use the right shade of purple and blue. Red however would likely require an entirely new theme.
    This looks like a good blend of purple and blue:
    [​IMG]

5. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Personally it looks good as is for the most part. Maybe we could have more than 1 theme hat everyone can switch between in the future? Also, is it possible we can bring back the club/group badges which are no called awards? JD had them & each member of a club got the club's badge, I would very much so like to see that return.

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    This is definitely something we can do. Although it might start looking cluttered with a unique badge for every club. Guess we could do something like JD though and only display the most 4 recent badges or something.

7. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    The addon we're using now does support this already (hehe). In fact, I have the max display number set to 8 right now.

8. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Cool though, another suggestion, is there a way we can let the club members display what badge they wish to have displayed from their club badges yet on our profile it can display them all? Or maybe even just allow all members to choose which 8-12 badges to display regardless of whether it's a club badge or not? (I say 8-12 because of what Kiri said and because I believe there's enough room to display 12 badges)

Oh, I might have a copy of some of the old badge designs, if anyone needs em?

9. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a fan of having all 8 display. I might even change that to 4. It just depends on how cluttered I think it starts looking when they're all filled out, 8 might not be a problem just have to see.

Also, I still have all of the badges from the JD backup I took.

10. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    What if we could have the trophies cycle each time the page is refreshed like with signatures on a rotator. I think this happened on JD.

11. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Nah on JD it showed your most recent (I think it was 4) badges that you obtained. The rest were visible on your profile.

12. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    In the reply box in there a way to get a spoiler tag button in there? Typing out the spoiler tags isn't really hard but having a button would be convenient at times.

13. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    It is there. Select the text you want in a spoiler, push the button that look like this [​IMG] then click the Spoiler option form the drop-down list.
    [​IMG]

14. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Sporadic & @Kiri and @everyone
    Ok, I believe this is the best time to suggest this before anything else happens, so it makes it easier and if this can't be done now then, I hope it will be done later? Basically, I have a suggestion for our streaming part of the site and, one thing that we all want and need to draw people to us is to have something that most or no one has over the other streaming sites. So, I suggest and will even give an example of how this can be done but, I suggest we tell the viewers if the anime they're watching is uncencored/unedited or if it's the edited/censored version of the anime. So, one such example of how this can be done is to create two separate areas. One area only having the uncensored/unedited anime we have uploaded as well as the same with the DLable abnime of it too and the 2nd area having the censored/edited anime we have uploaded along with the DLable version of them. Think about it, doing this, makes it a LOT easier then going through over 300+ links/anime and adding something to the text or adding soemthign somewhere, sure you'd still have to go through the anime but, all you'd have to do is make sure to move the anime to the right area and, since most anime pages are broke atm, this is probably one of the best times to do so, maybe.

I know, it's a lot of work but, think about it for a min, when you visit all the streaming sites for DUBBED ANIME what's the one thing, none/just about none have? A thing telling the viewer the anime they're about to watch/might watch is uncensored/unedited or if it's the censored/edited version of the anime. Most people I would think would FLOCK to see an anime they know for sure is uncensored/unedited and this would pull in traffic a good bit if done right. (Counting of course that search engines pull DT at the top of the page of course)

So, what do you all think? Is this something that can be done?

#74 Natsuru-san, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  15. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    That seems a bit unnecessary to me because if there is an uncensored version of something we will try to have it over the censored version. The exception being if say all the episodes of a show hit the distributor's website first (like FUNimation's site or Viz Media's Neon Alley) we sometimes add those first as there can potentially be a few month wait for an official release and those can be censored outside of DVD / BD releases. But once the DVD becomes available we try to replace it. So basically just think if there is an uncensored version of something we will have it and if we don't then feel free to make a request thread and we'll see about getting it replaced.

I also think categorizing them as censored and uncensored would be more work than its worth due to most anime not even being censored for content. You typically just find that in R+ - MA anime.

16. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I was actually thinking about this the other day. It would be nice to be able to choose which awards are displayed. Idk if that's doable or something we would even want to do but, for example, Spor you have all 3 kunai awards and all 3 are displayed with your posts. If you could choose which ones are displayed you may want to just display your golden kunai and free up the other 2 slots for your other awards? Just a thought. :3

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I do think it's a little unnecessary. I think most people would probably want an uncensored version and we've started putting the rating on each series. You can probably guess from the rating and/or the genre the kind of content that will be in the series and if you're watching an R+ rated anime you're probably not concerned with censorship. =P From what I've noticed, most anime is uncensored anyway. I'm not sure we could find a censored and uncensored version of most of our series. I feel like the CM's and volunteer uploaders might lose more time than it's worth trying to find 2 versions of each series.

17. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Suggestion No. 70.

Not really a suggestion. More wondering if we will be able to see all the threads we created on the old site and this one? (I have a feeling I may have already asked this question somewhere else before, but I can't remember). I presume it will be added in time once other things are sorted out?

18. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

Well, let me just say, out of all the sites I've come across for both subbed and dubbed anime, I know of like only 1 that bothers to tell you if the anime is censored or uncensored and it's a subbed site. I know of another that does tell you next to their name but, it only says that with a few and again, only for the subbed anime, the other site that tells you has a seprate section for their censored anime as well as a separate section for their uncensored anime, and, can you guess which one most people would choose if they knew which ones were censored and not censored? The uncensored and while @BaconMan8910 says most people who watch an R rated anime won't care if it's censored or not, I HIGHLY disagree with that. I know for a fact that many people (I won't say most but at least 50/50) care whether what they're watching is censored or not, I myself care if I'm watching something that's censored or not. Take for example http://myanimelist.net/anime/10719/Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai

^
    That right there is censored last I checked (A year ago) on DT, I only know this because I watched it on DT and @Mafiacow told me, one of the scenes we were talking about was censored for me. I had no idea, it is kind of hard to tell sometimes if an anime is censored @Sporadic I mean, IF the anime has beams of light, or HEAVY steam or something similar to those then yea, it's probably censored but sometimes they do it in such a small way, you just don't notice and can't tell. Also, it's not more work for the uploaders once you move all the anime too the separate sections, I say that based on what Spor said, that once the DVD/BD comes out, they try and replace the old links with them as they're uncensored. So, I just see no reason to not cater to fans who care about whether they're watching a censored version or not, also, I will say the reason why many don't/may not care if they're watching something that may be censored is because, they don't know it's censored or not. Add to that people are viewing this stuff for free, so they don't have to waste money and practically no dub site tells you if it's censored or not and people don't have time to waste going to 5-20 different sites just to find an uncensored anime, with a working vid, good quality and such. Plus, as I said before, doing this would give us an edge above the rest of the competition I believe, as, no other streaming dub site has this feature to my knowledge.

Also, @Spor: Is there a layout for requesting an uncensored anime in DT? I know of one that is prob censored so I will PM you about it.

19. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I'm having trouble determining which side you're coming down on. Do you feel that users should have an option to view censored anime or that we should try to have all anime uncensored and mark the ones that are censored as censored. If the latter is the case, then I don't see what the issue is. As Spor said if there is an uncensored version we will try to have the uncensored version. If there is no uncensored version then it doesn't really matter if we label it as censored or not since they'll probably have a difficult time finding an uncensored version elsewhere.

However, if the former is the case, I would have to delve into my personal feelings on censorship being that I feel that if you are a consenting adult watching R+ rated anime or most ecchi then you should expect some partial nudity. Like I said, I don't think there's anything wrong with a person preferring to watch censored anime if that's their thing, it's not my call to make anyway. But, as an uploader, I do feel like finding both versions would be a waste of our time and resources.

20. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unless you're Adult Swim. They censor everything, it's ridiculous. There are far worse shows they push out that aren't censored nearly as much as they censor the anime they license (for Toonami). Let's just say that Adult Swim is completely biased. In fact, when Space Dandy aired, they censored the"boobies" part of it so much, it looked like the snow (aka "static") you get when you disconnect your coaxial cable from your TV. This wasn't some brush over made to look like it was supposed to be there, it was overkill and tasteless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.