Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Archived] Suggestions For Site Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    This is for myself and all the Ecchi fans. When looking through the genre for anime I notice that there is one important genre missing, with that said Ecchi genre please lol :)

BTW great job on the site its really coming along

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    this might take a while to implement due to maybe its complexity to implement.

here i go.

i would like to suggest a feature of in which we can view who is the top poster of a particular forum/section/thread. its like the ones we had at JD when it was supported by vBulletin. to those who don't know what im talking about, ill put pictures of it on how it was done at JD.

in the figure below, the numbers circled in red should be a link that would show all of the members and the number of post each member has for that particular forum. In this example, Forum Site Discussion has 813 replies but we don't know who those members who posted in here.
    [​IMG]
    fig.1

in this situation, its just the same for figure 1 but its only for that particular thread.
    [​IMG]
    fig.2

ones a reply number is clicked, the display of members then be ranked by number of post in descending order.

Ex.

Member 1 .......... Hnn
    Member 2 .......... nnn
    Member n .......... Lnn

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to add a theme list under the genre one which will have ecchi as well. I already have the tags set up for the imported series. Keep in mind the pages are still broken from importing WP to DP.

http://dubtopia.eu/taxonomy/term/47

4. Vishal09x Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I just came back and its a complete new site and then we are moving again. Ay Karamba but to be honest i cant wait to see the new site. One suggestion is the theme, i think its too plain. I don't feel attracted to grey. I think if we want more members, we should attract them, like the home page for the anime, now thats attractive. We should add the theme button we had to change the theme. Like whatever sails people boats. Other than that, hey Sporadic.

5. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0

Awesome I know you guys are still working on the site. I know its gonna take time to get everything back up again. But its coming along greatly. i check back when i can. Been working so my free days are fri-sunday which is when ill most likely be on ;)

6. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Changes like this willl be added to the 2.0 version of the forum's theme.
    Again, color modification will be redone in the coming updated theme. If I have time after creating clubs and moving review threads, I'll see if I can't tweak the colors to be easier to read.
    I'm not sure if this is possible with XenForo, but I will look into seeing if the option can't be added and I'll report back here with what I find.
    As mentioned earlier, this was just a quick theme that Crazy and I made so the forum wasn't using the stock (and somewhat ugly) XenForo theme. A revamped 2.0 theme is in the works and will look much better.

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Hey Vishal :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    cool. ill be checking on this thread to see if its possible.

9. RazorzBlade Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ohkay, So I know I'm never on the forums unless I'm lurking however I have an additional idea for site revenue.

What about a switch to turn on something like adf.ly via settings. It would be per user so those looking to give back can turn it on and wait the extra 5 seconds. Because I know not everyone can donate, but even if a few users are clicking through anime and going through adf.ly it would generate more than adsense. :D

10. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If JustDubs had it on the vBulletin forum, then it was most definitely a plugin and not all forum software have this type of plugin. Second, I would think that this sort of plugin is a bit more resource intensive, especially if you have multiple sections. It could make the page load slower.

I doubt very many people will go through the trouble of clicking through adf.ly and bit.ly links. If anything, it could be used when posting links to Dubtopia from the Facebook page and Twitter account, but I wouldn't use it too often as it may decrease potential traffic. Not sure about anyone else, but I know adf.ly links annoy the hell out of me.

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the home page is attractive but I think Forums should be a little more plain in a way. Because the main focus is supposed to be reading the text you don't want too much going on to distract people or make the text harder to read in any way. Of course they shouldn't be too plain or they are boring and if nothing else these forums are much less plain than what dubtopia was like before. I never understood why Red and Steveyk liked it so much.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    100% agree with both statements @Vashnik

Red pretty much just agreed with whatever stevey wanted. As for why he liked BP and WP I don't think any of us will ever understand that one lol

13. RazorzBlade Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It wouldn't be something that everyone "Needs" to do or even enabled by default. It would be something that users that don't really have anything to give but time, could use to give back to dt.

14. Vishal09x Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thats actually a good point. But i mean not too fancy but something nice not too flashy but in the middle like from 1-10 i say a 6

15. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    and what would you call the forums as they are now? They have a bit of pattern to them so they aren't that plain. I'd say they are worth at least a 4 where as the old DT was a 3 or 2. At least IMO.

16. Vishal09x Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Really, i actually liked the old DR, the orange with the grey it was nice, this iokay as well. I would say a 4, yea around there for this forum.

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I just always thought the old DT forums were so flat and overly simple. I also have a few complaints with how the system works and was organized but that is another issue. Sure the Orange and Grey colors weren't bad at all but I didn't like it overall. I kinda got used to it overtime but I never truly liked it.

18. Vishal09x Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yea i mean, i love JD's purple thats was amazing but i got used to the new site, now i have to get use to this and then after this its the next one.

19. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    No jinxing :p

This will be our final color scheme. Blue, gray, black and white are colors most people can enjoy.

20. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Could we still add just a touch of purple and red at some point? They don't have to be heavily featured but it just feels odd having mascots who aren't even close to our color scheme. So adding a little bit of them into the site wouldn't hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.