Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Archived] Suggestions For Site Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Edit: Thanks for pointing that out @Kiri I missed that myself lol.

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Wanted to point out that on the main webpage in the Navigation section the FAQ link takes you to http://www.wikia.com/JustDubsOnline

3. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Kiri
    It's a little odd for the link to be at the bottom when most have it at the top (ease of access) but I see it now. Just, one concern I feel needs to be pointed out and asked about. So, doing a Justdubs search on google turns up the fake JD but also turns up 2 more JD streaming sites. There's the .org one which is the real one but the other one is the concern and I'm not sure if it's legit or not as like ours, it does link to this forum but, imo it doesn't look as good as the .org one. I'll link to help you to see it.
    http://www.justdubsonline.com/

Just delete my link if that wasn't allowed and I apologize. Also and just something I noticed. At the bottom of the Google search on the yahoo! link, it's a page asking where to watch anime because JD is down, it's old but I haven't seen that popped up in a while, anyway, the very last poster there pointed out the fake JD (Not the one I linked) and they're the last poster so maybe it'd be a good idea for someone to set the record straight and provide the newest link? I know it's years old and we're on the top page pretty much but that's just for that search, another search may not turn up our page. (Albeit unlikely)

4. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When you view a series' streaming page, it links to the download thread. But there is nothing point back to the streaming page.
    We'll use .hack//Legend of the Twilight. There is no link back to the streaming page for the series when viewing the thread. It would be great if the threads were updated to point to their streaming counterparts. So instead of just "justdubs.org" the thread would have a link that points directly to .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet.

Actually, I brought that up before/during the transition to the move for the forum to it's own domain name. That site is actually owned by one of the staff members, so it's legit. It basically prevents the name from being squatted by someone else and ask for a higher price than the squatter paid for.

#224 Vashnik, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2016
  5. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    A link in the initial post could work. Something like "Watch {anime tittle} dubbed here on JustDubs" with the download links then to follow. Something like this would be a lot easier than having, let say, a button on the forum's page that only showed up in the thread under the Download node that linked to the anime. The latter would require a custom plugin and a bunch more work than my first suggestion.

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Ah yeah, the JDO.com domain is owned by saywut and he uses it to test SEO improvements and theme testing.

7. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the linking was actually what I was suggesting. I wasn't actually thinking about a button (though a way you could do that is an image and a link, though I think just a simple link would be ideal and less resource use).

What could make it easier for content managers on the forum is a BBCode where all they need is the series' page name and then provide the title.
    I'm not sure how xenForo handles custom BBCode input from users, but something like this:
    Code:
    [jdo={option1}]{option2}[/jdo]
    to replace this:
    HTML:
    <a href="http://justdubs.org/{option1}" target=_blank>Watch {option2} dubbed, right here on JustDubs!</a>
    That way they don't have to spend so much time typing a phrase, they just literally fill out the important parts. Seeing how xenForo has a team that were former vBulletin programmers, I'm pretty sure something like that is possible.

8. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Sporadic & @Vashnik Ah, that explains it, figured it was legit but just wanted to make it known just incase.

9. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    So I guess this is the new default color for text
    From this color

Throws off my color coding for my RP. Oh well. BTW when you change the color of your text it's difficult to revert back to this color. Selecting "none" doesn't do anything. It hasn't done anything for a long time that I have seen.

10. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You use the "Eraser" icon to remove the formatting. If you use size, and font styles with your colors, it may be a bit more problematic re-applying the formats you want, but that is one method I know works to remove the custom color formatting. Also, I just tested the None color and as long as there is a color format, it does work to remove the custom color (at least for the Just Anime Forums theme). Alternatively, you can use the wrench icon to edit/remove the color BBCode.

As for a cause, it could be a cache problem on your end.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Years on this site and I finally realized the two button on my right...

Oops. I blame the soda can I usually have on that side of the screen :mad:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.