Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Archived] Suggestions For Site Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the events listed at the top of the index page have a couple of missing column headers, or the data is misaligned in the JDO Default theme (I'm presuming the latter because each row has exactly 6 table data slots).
    @Sporadic and SOS Brigade appear to be "additional" information, though I am presuming they are supposed to be in "Last Message" and "Forum" columns respectively.
    @Kiri @Jaysp656

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if it's just me or what, but the forum takes up a hell of a lot of CPU power on this Halloween theme (the coffin forum icons), and I've been unable to find the theme selector to change the theme from "forum default" to one of my choosing. The other one, the one with just pumpkin forum icons, was perfectly fine.
    I've got an 8-core processor, I can only imagine what a dual core and a quad core may be going through. This tab alone is using 38% - 40% of my CPU.

3. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    I have a cheap pc and 3 tablets (ranging from old to new) all work fine with little to no lag.....

4. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's not the lag (which I didn't notice any), it's the excessive CPU processing consumption I'm worried about. It's only been this high with this (coffin forum icons) particular Halloween theme. (It even occasionally made Origin flicker and report itself as not responding in the task manager, which was pretty funny and annoying at the same time). At first I thought it was the purple flame animated background for the avatars. The heavy processing usage is still going even though the purple flame animated background has been removed (disabled?) on the thread view, so I'm not sure what the cause is.

5. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Not sure where to put this one...

Perhaps a few more Smilie icons would do. Some such as a musical note for sing-song voice or good mood. Also, a devilish smile for when someone decides to poke fun in a friendly manner.

6. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    How about fixing the download section to abcde not 12345

7. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I've been looking into a new smilie pack for the forum, but I haven't found the right fit just yet.
    I do agree this would be better. For the time being however, this can not be done. The reason is our download section is treated like a normal Forum-&-thread section, as far as the software the site is ran on. Once the site starts making some traction, I know there's an add-on that can easily make this happen.

8. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is s/he talking about the page numbers in the Download section at the top and bottom? Had there not been a search function at all, then I could see page numbers being replaced as an Alphabetical paging system to make it easier to sift through titles, but there is a search function and the threads by default for the download section are being listed in Alphabetical, Ascending order. Adding a "Go to:" textbox field where you can specify a page between 1 and 59 (current amount of pages at the time of posting, based on forum defaults) would be easier to do. Its been done before in different variations of forum software and as far as difficulty goes, probably far easier to implement than attempting to do an overhaul on the paging system for the forum.

9. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Would like to see more holiday themes for the site, quite enjoyed the last few we have had.
    Coolos to Crazy. thanks

10. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Great idea Vash! and im Male by the way as you can see on my profile...

11. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I never go by the profile. It's the internet and sometimes people don't actually change the gender or change it to match an anime character they registered. I've made too many of those mistakes just by going with what the profile shows. lol

I wasn't keen on the valentines one. It was difficult to tell which of the forum icons were supposed to represent read and unread forums, there were so many times I kept opening forums that I had already read.

12. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Understandable but I am an Aussie we are to proud to lie about gender.

13. Darkxflamexd Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    :) this site need some help most of the old anime is using old site but some of them are update but its a pain some times

14. Akui Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Should of PM me about that :)

Working on a mascot set! I've placed two already for testing. :k_happy::k_huh?:

15. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0

It iss nice to see new emoticons. And I was just thinking about seeing what a Midori mascot would look like...

16. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    OOO that could be nice. Having new emoticons are always cute... Can't wait if you do any more.

17. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait to use them, cant wait to see some new ones :k_happy:

18. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I don't suppose there's any chance a link to where the JD site to watch videos are can be included on the forum side so people can click to get there from here? It's odd to me there's a link on the streaming side to here but not a link to the streaming side from the forum side so I'm just wondering why that is?

19. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are a lot of download threads where you can download, but not a link pointing to the series' page for the streaming site. So I think that's a good idea. It'll at least make it easier to connect the two pages together for faster access.

20. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    There is a "Watch Anime" link in the footer than currently links to JD. Been there since the most recent domain move.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.