Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Archived] Suggestions For Site Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadenday Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I suggest having a dedicated FANDUB section. I realize that the english fandub community has no place to put their videos at, so I was wondering if Justdubsonline.net would like to take the FANDUB community under its wings?

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Hmm. That MIGHT be something we can do at some point in the future. Depending on the demand for it.

3. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    OOOORRR

DMCA claims. -_-

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    it's fan dubs not official ones so hosting fan dubs would get them is less trouble than the official dubs they already have.

5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    really? then why the heck were AMVs taken dow... *hits sudden realization*
    OK its SONY.

ok move on people.
    [​IMG]

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah a lot of AMVs and such get taken down for their music also because youtube is a little bitch and will take down pretty much anything and everything with few if any questions asked. It doesn't honestly matter if what you posted is under fair use laws or not. If someone told them you have copyright they don't want to be held liable and will take it down. So JD shouldn't have any specific problems from taking on Fandubs the only question is again if there is enough demand to make building that community worth the trouble.

7. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    yeah this was the kind of scenario going through my mind when i brought up DMCA claims. i just cant get rid of the trauma as this was when videos get flagged as copyright infringement (and/or the like) in the old forums. *shivers* my mind also automatically decided that anything thats been fan made (just like AMVs) will be hunted down to oblivion.

8. Jadenday Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm gonna try to get a petition together if thats okay :3 after seeing awesome fandubs getting taken down on youtube, this could be a big opportunity for everyone who enjoy making fandubs for shows! :D

9. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'd be up to add them anyways. If you would be kind enough to link me to the source of any videos.

10. Jadenday Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

really? awesome! and sure!

11. Jadenday Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and by source do you mean videos that have already been posted on other websites? or a download link of some sort to upload them on justdubsonline servers?

12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The videos from either download links or streaming links without watermarks.

13. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Any way we can change the "follow" limit by increasing it? I have reached the limit which is 1000. :D

14. Brandonx26 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good evening, this is the first time I've actually posted on these forums before. The thing that pushed me to do so is I wanted to see if there was a way to work all the adds. I watch the videos on this site using my iPad since I am in the military and don't have a computer I can take with me everywhere. I was a huge fan of this site and loved watching anime but stopped because of the adds constantly interrupting or taking me to a new page every couple minutes so I wasn't able to enjoy watching shows like I used to. I know this website is very much based off the ads for their support. But seems like this is becoming a little to much for me personally.

Thank you
    Brandon

15. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Are these ads causing issues when browsing the site? Or just when you start a video?

All of our videos are hosted externally. These external hosts have ads on their video players that we have no control over. Sometimes these ads can cause pop ups or open new tabs. We make no revenue from these ads. They're basically there to fund the video host so that they can continue to host videos for free.

If you are, however, having problems with ads while simply browsing the site (not actively playing a video (i.e. not having clicked on a video player)), then it could be the ads that we host on our site. We do have some control over these and may be able to help you.

Just let us know a little more about the problem. Thanks. ^-^

#195 BaconMan8910, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  16. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Basing this answer around Bacon's reply, I would recommend AdGuard if the video hosts are making it difficult to stream video because of ads, but it would require an Android (mobile) or computer (PC or Mac) and it does cost some money (though lifetime licenses are available, so you won't have to pay every year or so), but it filters out ads at the network layer, so you are free to use any number of browsers without having to find an ad blocking browser extension for it. They do have a free (for now at least) Safari browser extension, which which is in beta and I'm not too familiar with their browser extensions, so I wouldn't be able to walk you through allowing JD's ads while still blocking the video host's ads, however it is free at the moment (check here), so there's that alternative. I'm not sure how you would install it on an iOS device though, since it's not yet available in the Safari Extension Gallery, but it could just be as simple as downloading it from the linked page I provided earlier using your iPad.

17. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Basically what they said. We have no control over ads used by third party streaming sites. Our personal site ads have been tested and have so far shown no malicious or forceful actions such as forced redirects, popunders, popups, etc.

Follow Vashnik's advice and it will definitely help.

18. Brandonx26 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed today that the pop ups are now causing issues with the site itself it seems where on the recent anime page it won't let me see the pictures or click on any of them.

19. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'm not exactly sure if it's an ad doing it but we will look into it. Thank you for posting.

20. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    @Jaysp656 resolved the issue. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.