Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Archived] Glitches and Bugs, Report Them Here

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by Sporadic, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    While that may be ideal for some situations, some places of the forum (notable the asylum) can have some threads that have a lot of messages per day. Getting an alert for every message would be unbearable. Now if it sent on message, then wouldn't until next you came online, regardless of what you did during that session, that could be a bit more manageable. Only thing I can do is suggest though. I'm no addon developer (yet).

2. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Getting redirected to mobile site & is saying "site is in its grace period". Unable to access JDO unless I do it from my history. Can't access by just typing in the address when using Mobile.

3. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    You're right. This is something @Jaysp656 or @Sporadic will have to fix. I don't have access to the mobile platform at this time. The forum should be unaffected by this.

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well for now maybe if you suggest it they'll actually add it.

5. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This should be fixed now. The prior mobile service we were using has been removed. The regular mobile theme is still there. Still needs to be worked on by myself to straighten out some things though.

6. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Unable to get to forum via forum button on mobile side bar on the home page. Just has the loading wheel spinning but doesn't actually load.

7. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey man, thanks for pointing this out
    I reverted the theme to what we've had for awhile now. Seems that at least will allow some navigation that the other theme wasn't. I'm going to try and work a bit on the other mobile theme tonight to get those links working and make it a bit easier for navigation. Going to be doing stuff like removing the news posts from the mobile homepage and making it more mobile friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I definitely appreciate that! Mobile is all I use so it would help me tremendously

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Might take me longer than I thought. I added a "sidebar" at the top of each page for navigation for now. The forum link there is working. So far for the other mobile theme I've started making a mobile homepage that will mostly be a series of links/buttons to the important parts of the site. Similar to how that mobilizer service we had for a few days, but a homemade version.

10. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    @Jaysp656 works like a champ now. Appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

@Kiri & @Metazoxan Actually Kiri, you know I have had this same exact prob that Meta has been having for well, roughly around 1 month after we switched from DTR to JD which was over a year ago I think (Software/site layout). Like Meta, I am actively getting the alerts, I do make sure to keep up with all posts even going back and forward a page and reading all new posts. I never dismiss them but look at them and read them all. But then, randomly, it just stops alerting me left and right without warning. I do recall @Mafiacow mentioning he was having a similar prob/issue with the alerts around the same time I was, but I think his got fix'd where as mine has always been persistent and roughly what you said to Meta in that 1st quoted post here, is what you told me and since no one else was having the issue at the time back then I gave up and started using links and reminding myself to check after a set period of time passed with no alerts.

I did click the link you provided Kiri and the only thread on there was http://justdubsonline.net/forum/threads/suggestions-for-site-changes.2288/page-9#post-90106
    but I should note I never got an alert for this thread and May 12, 2015 is where the new posts were at and was fairly recent too so I know I would've remembered seeing this thread's alert if I did get one. Now, that said, I will remember all you said here regarding when an alert is not generated and will be on high alert for the next 2 weeks. If it happens again and I know I did it all right so it should've generated an alert I'll be sure to let ya know but I'm certain I've been doing it right this whole time. I would like to know Kiri, @Natsu has been tagging many people in the anime cafe and most just aren't getting the tag (and I know I keep up with this one when I get an alert) so is the software not able to tag people when u copy/paste people's names via the tag system? And Meta, just want to make sure, were any of those threads ones that you did actively view, didn't dismiss etc. and thus it should've still generated an alert for you?

12. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Tagging doesn't work well when it's copy and pasted. There are two reasons for this. 1) The "hook" necessary to send a specific member is not always attached when copied from computer's clipboard and may not be re-attached when the message is posted. I always recommend typing out members to mention. I know it can be a pain, but after 3 letters are typed, a suggestion box will show up, that can be clicked to get the right member. 2) Member's wanted email alerts for mentions, thus a addon was added, but since it has to modify how the mention system works, it can cause interference, more so since it's still a beta version.

Again, with the "missing watched thread alerts", until I can reproduce it, either encountering it myself of with several member's testimony, I can only assume that the Kami and Arisu examples I've provided are the cause and the alerts are being misinterpreted.

13. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if you are aware of this, but your "FontAwesome" characters sometimes don't work. When viewing a thread or viewing the member list, they appear as a square as if the font doesn't exist, however on the index page in locations like the "Staff Online Now" or "Members Online Now" or the "Latest Post" bits on the index, they show up the way they are supposed to. Notable users affected by this would be @Crazy Potato and @Laxgirl16 so far that I can tell, since both of them are using a Font Awesome character in the CSS "::before" selector.

14. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    That would likely be a result of the perks. Crazy would be the one to correct this.

15. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Alerts for watched threads not showing up. Dunno if anyone else is having this problem, but it's been doing that on mobile for a few days now.

16. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Please check the URL above. If there's anything there, that is why you are not receiving new notifications for any thread listed there. If there's nothing listed, then I re-investage claim. It may have to wait until the server move though.

17. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    @Kiri that link worked. PM is showing in the notification so looks like everything is working fine.

18. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yea, @Kiri for 16 days now I been checking that link too and doing what you suggested, so far I've not missed anything, so going to guess somehow I must've missed posts as many others have. Thanks for the help. :)

19. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    There have been reports of intermediate 522 Errors, such as the image below (provided by a friend).
    [​IMG]
    What does this mean? Well, it basically means the URL entered could not reach the site's server, thus the connection timed out. This seems the be a "hit-or-miss" error and only effecting a small number of members. I have yet to be able to replicate this error on my end. Regardless, I've done some precautionary steps to try and hopefully resolve this issue. After performing such steps, if the issue persists, I believe the cause to be something along the network path rather than the site's server and ask everyone to bare with us as we resolve the issue. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've gotten that a few times and it's always been a problem with CloudFlare. I don't care what CloudFlare says or thinks, they have a routing problem in their "cloud" structure and they are unwilling to admit to it and take steps to resolve it. MyBB, the official site for the forum software, uses them too and they are constantly having problems with CloudFlare (while before they used CloudFlare, there was very little interruption in connecting to the site). I doubt JustDubs can fully resolve the issue without CloudFlare stepping up and taking part of the blame for the connection time outs. I've seen it on far too many sites that use CloudFlare for it to be a coincidence that JustDubs Online is now having connection time outs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.