Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Anyone Got Any Recommendations For Good Jrpgs?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The7thSeal, May 19, 2018.

1. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    So, as a quick run down, I created a thread one and half years ago almost after recommendatiosn for JRPGs, because I wanted to get into the genre and had hated most if all of my forays into it.
    Cut to the present and I have been bitten by the bug and now I need more suggestions from you lovely people.
    What can you recommend?
    So far, I've played through;
    Tales of Berseria (which I adored)
    Tales of Zestiria (which I would have enjoyed if I hadn't played Berseria first)
    Persona 5 (Christ on a bike, did that take a while. Worth every second)
    Ys VIII (where It finally dawned on me that JRPGs exist to emotionally kick you in the nuts)
    Valkyria Chronicles (which is kind of an RPG, right?

Currently playing I Am Setsuna (and I can feel the game winding up for that nut kick), and I have Trails of Cold Steel on my list.

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And here is that thread if you'd like to review previously mentioned games or for those who want to see the list of suggested games back then.
    RPGs For A Guy That Doesnt Like RPGs
    Like I said in my second post in that thread, Assassin's Creed is fairly good for stealth mechanics, though not really JRPG. Syndicate has become my favorite.

Also mentioned in the thread were Star Ocean and Final Fantasy. Though probably only up to 9 (including tactics). A lot of the more recent ones have broken away from the traditional JRPG style and has included a mix of action/puzzle or some other genre into them. XIII is one of those examples of breaking away from traditional JRPG style.

There's Stardew Valley which I played sometime after the thread started getting buried. Although I'm not sure it qualifies as a JRPG, it is a fun RPG and a bit more interactive and story driven than the likes of Farmville, and without the forced social networking with other players just to advance.

3. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Grandia 1 and 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2, Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9, Legend of Mana, Breath of Fire IV. I will add more if you want, and if I can think of any more.