Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Anime Soundtracks

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by VeritasOdiumParit, May 25, 2013.

1. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I have also noticed that there is no thread about this either. What is everyone's favourite soundtrack from an anime? Maybe you have more than one? Is there any particular tracks you prefer? Who is your favourite composer for anime? Do you wish someone else would compose a soundtrack for an anime? Is anyone listening to an entire soundtrack at the moment? Or just particular songs? Or maybe you just love the opening or closing credits?

Share any soundtracks or songs that you think anyone else may enjoy!

Some of my favourites have to be:

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C.,
    Haibane Renmei,
    Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I may update this list at another time, or add any that I have forgotten.

2. PlasmaSoul Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll make this strait to the point due to me making the video game soundtrack response long winded as heck!

Anime:
    FLCL,
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnQmzWbT2NQ[/youtube]

BECK - Mongolian Chop Squad,
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz52Z9KH7nA[/youtube]

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex,
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAn_wyzdxgQ[/youtube]

Cowboy Bebop,
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MMdT35MaNE[/youtube]

Samurai Champloo,
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIiB7dPfsXs[/youtube]

Darker Than Black,
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2YxJgbkrVw[/youtube]

Disclaimer: I tried to stay away from openings and endings.

Composer(s):
    Yoko Kanno,

Updates may occur in time...

3. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Ah, yes. Cowboy Bebop did have a good soundtrack!

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I have many favorite music pieces but if I had to pick the strongest soundtrack as a whole then in my opinion I stick with Tsubasa Chronicle. The music before the battles, the "sad theme" of the show, and the music when they play when going to a new world are some of the highlights.

Also I really liked the soundtrack of DN Angel. Even though I didn't think it was a great or even good show (maybe a fair one), that show had some nice easy tones in it that fit the mood perfectly.

5. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I’ll make this strait to the point due to me making the video game soundtrack response long winded as heck!

Anime:
    FLCL,
    BECK,
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Cowboy Bebop,
    Samurai Champloo,
    Darker Then Black,

Composer(s):
    Yoko Kanno,

Updates may occur in time…

Agreed with Samurai Champloo.

6. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Star Driver has a good sound track and I would be remiss if I did not mention mawaru penguindrums welcome to rock and roll night, even if that is a little cliched pop songy.

7. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and I like the opening and closing themes to Paranoia Agent. They are such good songs :D

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Two words. Fairy Tail.

• Like Like x 1
  9. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I want to watch Fairy Tail at some point. But, it's still ongoing, so it will take me forever to catch up. I really can't be arsed to watch another one of these stretched out for as long as possible animes.

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
  11. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Ha ha ha! That is awesome Maddy!

Also, thank you Plasma for the spoilers! I shall check them out :D

12. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I want to watch Fairy Tail at some point. But, it’s still ongoing, so it will take me forever to catch up. I really can’t be arsed to watch another one of these stretched out for as long as possible animes.

Fairy Tail isn't on going anymore. Ended at ep 175 somewhere in the middle of the story. Because of that i'm now reading the lame ass manga. It's doing a re-run of all 175 eps in Japan now and then they will continue it to avoid fillers.

13. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I want to watch Fairy Tail at some point. But, it’s still ongoing, so it will take me forever to catch up. I really can’t be arsed to watch another one of these stretched out for as long as possible animes.

It's on break for awhile because it quite the opposite from one of those "stretched out as long as possible anime." Maybe you shouldn't judge it if you haven't even watched it.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Veritas Odium Parit wrote:

It’s on break for awhile because it quite the opposite from one of those “stretched out as long as possible anime.” Maybe you shouldn’t judge it if you haven’t even watched it.

Well I always wanted to watch this one but was weary on how long it seems. Never my style to watch 100+ episode anime but felt this one might be a good one to check on. Maybe I'll watch a few episodes, see how it goes, but I'm not sure I can finish something this long.

15. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Sporadic wrote:

Veritas Odium Parit wrote:

It’s on break for awhile because it quite the opposite from one of those “stretched out as long as possible anime.” Maybe you shouldn’t judge it if you haven’t even watched it.

Well I always wanted to watch this one but was weary on how long it seems. Never my style to watch 100+ episode anime but felt this one might be a good one to check on. Maybe I’ll watch a few episodes, see how it goes, but I’m not sure I can finish something this long.

There are better animes with a big episode count. One Piece, Naruto and Bleach are all better storywise, actionwise and stuff like that. Maybe Hunter x Hunter too (this one is only on episode 81 so far so not so many episodes yet). I dont know which shows you've tried and not liked but if you don't like animes like these, you won't like Fairy Tail neither im afraid. Ofcourse this is all my opinion though and i can't decide for you. Just wanted to point out that theres better ones out there.

16. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Well, I didn't mind One Piece until about episode 149. Plus, my friend spoiled it for me. I thought One Piece was a great pirate story. It was done so well.

I could never get into Naruto and Bleach. The fight scenes do look awesome I will admit. I will give Fairy Tail a go at some point.

17. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I was spoiled by youtube on One Piece on the worst spoiler ive ever experienced. But i kept watching and its my favorite anime ever. (many ppl wont understand but its cuz im a big shounen fan. Nothing beats the huge shounen animes imo).

How much did you watch from Naruto? I hated it but liked the fights when i watched first 30 eps. But i was so annoyed. Then it became really good and Shippuden is just epic. Naruto is my 2nd fav anime.

Bleach was great from the start to the Soul Society arc. Then it had its first filler which was fuck my life and then it became pretty good again and then kinda meh. Im just too attached to the characters to not like it though.

18. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Not very much of Naruto. I couldn't get into it. Nothing gripped me about it.

As for Bleach, I watched the first two episodes I think (maybe just the first one). I think I am too old to enjoy both of those ^^ Though, I do enjoy watching the fight scenes in Bleach. They are drawn to perfection!

19. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    How old are you then? Huge shounen like that require that you watch a ton of eps before it gets good. Like i said i really hated Naruto and evrything about it except for the fights in the first 30 eps. Bleach gets interesting when they start the first real arc and One Piece also around ep 30. Fairy Tail around ep 15 i think.

I don't think theres really such thing as being too old though. Its just a matter of taste.

20. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    22. But, I do love the Full Metal Alchemist series, both the first one and Brotherhood.

Also, I quite liked the Shiki soundtrack as well. To keep on topic!