Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

American, British or other?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AngeloDaniele, Jan 20, 2017.

?

which are you?

1. American

57.1%
  2. English

14.3%
  3. Other

28.6%
  1. Win3030 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Scots-Irish and Native American by blood,U.S. by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
    My accent is almost undetectable unless I'm drunk or around people with whom I am relaxed.
    Accent was, at one time, pronounced, but one trip to Ohio taught me that I had to hide my heritage in certain areas of the country. There, (Cincinatti) I found that my driver's license was not a legitimate form of ID for the purchase of alcohol or motel registration. On the basis of my accent I was also refused service at several restaurants.
    As my job required me to relocate on a regular basis I had to train myself to use a neutral accent and proper (U.S.) grammar while tolerating barely intelligible and grammatically incorrect language in both written and spoken reports (could yoo borrow me sum munny?).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    You sure?

[​IMG]

Dutch and German.. Now that's interesting. You must be at war with yourself.

As for me, i am Dutch, 100%, nothing else mixed in there. I don't speak english as first language, i had to learn it from American cartoons and stuff like Kenan and Kel as a kid and that was alot more fun than learning it at school. So i'd classify as ''other''.

3. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    All the damn time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    I'm American, born and raised here, (I may have more Irish blood than anything) although my way of pronunciation maybe off at times when it comes to certain words which leads me to have to explain the best I can to people when I confuse them.
    If I get pissed off (which is rare) I kinda have a bit of an accent, I think (I don't know for sure since I rarely get mad)
    I also notice that when I talk to all kinds of people my accent attempts to match theirs' unconsciously.

5. MuffinLad Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am Thai Icelandic Australian. As I identify as. :)
    No one is just 'aussie' anymore lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    American. Most of something in me is a 1/4 Italian - which makes me talk with my hands sometimes.

My accent is vaguely southern, some like to call it cultured. Supposedly the same accent as Foghorn Leghorn (the accent, NOT the Good 'ol boy dialect). It gets stronger when I'm home and around other farmers.

7. Princess_Shirin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0