Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

BTOOM!

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Laximus, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Laximus Espada | Anime Dealer

Ratings:
    +965 / 0 / -0
    In the blink of the mind's eye, Ryouta Sakamoto suddenly finds himself transported from playing the hit Btoom! video game to being stranded on a mysterious island, equipped with a day's worth of provisions, a bag of bombs, a strange crystal embedded in his left hand and a huge gaping hole in his memory. But it doesn't take long to figure out what's going on, especially after the first person Ryouta meets tries to kill him. Someone is attempting to recreate the ultra-violent Btoom! game in real life, and the island has been filled with an army of other unwilling players, each armed with one of the multiple variants of explosive weapons called BIM. Fortunately, Ryouta's an ace Btoom! player, but this insane version of the game has no reset switch or second lives, and there's only one way off the island: kill seven other people before they can kill you! Can Ryouta repurpose his game based skills fast enough to survive?

What do you Justdubians think of BTOOM!?​

2. Enigma The man, the myth, the legend.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hated it.
    Beyond hate really.
    It was probably one of the worst anime I have ever actually finished all available episodes of.
    The violence kept me interested but the story itself was gag worthy.

3/10

3. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I kinda enjoyed it...

4. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    It didn't even finish the story it had but other then that i thought it was pretty good.

5. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I really enjoyed the show, but i do understand where Enigma is coming from. However unlike him, i found parts of the story intriguing...you know until they said it was a romance.

6. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Btooom the real life Bomberman. What this show has going for it is the suspense factor. The realism is all there to a degree, although being as how the MC (Main Character) bims seem to ravage everyone and how nobody else's can hardly so much as scratch him. You just got to turn the lights off at home for this one or go mad. Aside from the suspense you get great characters none of which are useless. Like the MC they are all skilled in some degree that aids them in this death game. It's made even better due to the varied variety of characters we have. You got the kiddies, adults, old folk, each with some skill or asset that makes them deadly enough that you wouldn't want to cross them on that island without some kind of game plan. About the only thing I haven't liked from this series is the main lead female. Her only role or purpose is just to motivate the MC. Still there's some minor exceptions to this. Just from the suspense along and it's dark nature I liked it enough to actually buy and own the manga. And honestly the manga is better. It's still not finished yet, but it's progressing slowly with volume 14 being next.

So yeah clearly not the best that it could've been, nor is it finished for that matter. I can see how some don't hold this series in high regards. It delivered on the story telling & characters, yet it failed in other key departments. The animation style is nice but it wasn't outstanding. Music was just ok. Still what I thought hurt this show the most was the setting. It had great potential, but it didn't make use of hardly any of it for the characters.