Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Why do people hate the new CoD trailer?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Heizengard, May 7, 2016.

1. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    So because I really don't feel like looking up the reason why (I'm worried it's for the usual reasons as to why people hate games now and just don't want to be put in a bad mood) I figured I'd ask on here if anyone knew why. Is it because it's just CoD or is it something else?

2. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    1. Because long running series that have the same basic gameplay eventually get old
    2a. People care more about the multiplayer than the single player
    2b. The online stigma of 10 year olds playing
    3. The futuristic setting associates with Halo and recent entries
    4. Trolls #roadto1milliondislikes
    5. WW2 Nostalgia
    6. Graphics (cant say they were really impressive)
    7. Battlefield 1 trailer was impressive in comparison

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Here are my list of reasons.

#1. The game developers are not listening to the COD/MWF community. Take Battlefield 1 that DICE has been working on. They listened to their fan-base which stated they wanted a old school World War themed FPS multiplayer game. Instead COD has been trying to be innovative for the past 6-7 years with these futuristic ideas. Sadly it has just been poorly executed each and every time.

#2. Broken and empty promises. Being promised dedicated servers, full game content on release, a season pass that really doesn't save you $ or benefit you from having it. People shouldn't be forced into paying extra for content that should have been in the game to begin with and this is a cycle that has sprouted up over the years.

#3. The game is far to easy to pick up and dive into. It's the same mechanics as their previous generation games. Reused perks, weapons, killstreaks, re-skined maps, you name it. The games have been exhausted with the same gaming engines with little to zero stride in advancement graphic wise or anything else for that matter.

#4. Poor connectivity issues and bugs. Then of course lets not forget the hackers.

#5. Broken in game mechanics that the developers won't take the time to address or fix. For example quickscoping that I know upset a very large majority of the COD fan's.

#6. Poor Weapon/Perk balance.

#7. The amount of BS deaths you suffer. Be it you were knifed, lost a gunfight due to poor hit detection, map fatality, ect. There are dozens more but you get the point.

#8. Focusing on the pro scene more than the everyday user player base.

#9. Poor stories or campaigns. Either they get shorter or the story gets worse.

#10. The games feel tedious to play. Everyone is getting a new COD/MWF game annually which is over saturating things. After so much of the same thing people grow tired of it. I mean look at Assassins Creed. Prime example right there.

#11. The ever growing toxic community. From young kids and teens raging and screaming in their headsets.

#12. The three developers who are working for Activison don't communicate with one another. If they did maybe they would keep some the the added features for their game vs removing them making the next game feel like a potential downgrade.

#13. Poor marketing tactics such as supply drops, game bundles, DLC bundles, season passes, ect. There are just to many cheap marketing tactics that you can clearly see are trying to take advantage of the community.

#14. Previous old gen nostalgia

$15, People just genuinely hate COD now a days due to all of these factors adding up. And with such high expectations which seem to only continue falling shorter & shorter it's not much of a surprise.​

4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Advanced warfare introduced a new mechanic to the franchise: exo movements (or whatever you call the boosts in any direction). That, I think, did irreversible damage to the franchise, since this new one cannot use that. I expected this to happen.
    I guess this is just a peave to me, losing mechanics in a game series, like when Assassin's Creed Unity dropped the naval combat.

And honestly, I was hoping for Ghosts 2, since the ending of Ghosts was inconclusive as far as I know.

It looks neat, Infinite Warfare, but the fact that it is a CoD games turns me off.

5. Cola Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think its got to the point each game feels the same and its almost as if they just recycle the same content over and over, people are just feed up with it leading to them hating the series also you have the trolls who just want to see the world burn in dislikes

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played Call of Duty since COD 3 (Yes that WWII game)

So what changed?:p
    Kidding I have a general idea. I do have Battlefield 4.

It doesn't look any different then other similar games. I don't think that makes it bad, just more of the same. The old "don't fix what's not broken."
    I got to comment on that Battlefield game though, I'll be honest I don't like the idea of a game taking place during WWI. No one plays these things for immersion but I completely fail to see how something like this could come even close to emulating WWI. While the air battles could certainly be done the actual ground combat doesn't translate at all for a fast paced shooter.

Gas, arty, barbed wire, and machinegun barrages made everyone stay in place in their trenches. Tanks were largely useless they were slow and no one knew how to use them correctly. Probably the biggest change would be the weaponry available. There just isn't really any variation in the guns available for the infantry man in WWI. You got a rifle, pistol, and grenade.

Assault rifles weren't even invented and the idea of rambo style heavy machinegun combat sounds silly. I don't remember if the Germans had submachines but the Americans did have one. You could probably give people the BAR which is the closest you could get to an automatic rifle but that's like one gun. It's just too limited.

Doesn't seem possible to me. Battlefield excels with the squad based combat stuff. That's the sort of thing you see in militaries of the 21st century hence the success of the shooter genre of this era. Something like WWI is just not the time era for a Battlefield game. Unless they break immersion hard I don't see how this could pan out well. I'm very skeptical and would rather just stay with BF4

It will be Battlefield 1942 all over again. Speaking of which I miss Wake Island and Omeha Beach. Those maps were fun.

7. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    It's call of duty. Do i need a reason?

8. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I don't judge games based on their trailers. For instance, the new Star Ocean game recently got released in Japan and when I saw the trailer it looked genuinely impressive. However, upon conducting some research I found that a good majority of Star Ocean's fans were really disappointed with this game compared to its predecessors. Now I know that I probably won't be buying the game when it comes out in June. I may buy it however when the inevitable used copy comes into Gamestop, knocking the price down a few dollars

Both Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Battlefield 1 haven't even been released. It's just people giving into the hype.

TL;DR: Don't judge a game based on its trailer. And if the game's shit, buy a used copy when it'll eventually come in or rent it

On a side note, where do you think Call of Duty can go after this? I mean, war in space is kind of hitting the ceiling, so I can only think of a few possibilities:

1. Time traveling
    2. Cross-dimension traveling
    3. Back pedaling to a previous war (WWII, WWI, American civil war, etc.)

9. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Partially because it's CoD and hating CoD is the done thing, partially because a lot of people are simply fed up of the series stagnating. When was the last worthwhile change that has been implimented in a CoD game? The last thing that truly mixed up the formula in any meaningful way? Most if not all of the changes we've seen in recent entires have been token at best, likely in an attempt to pretty up the cash cow that's gets carted out every year.

10. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I can think of two reasons as to why people would be cross at the new trailer:

1. They're a bit pissed that they have to buy Infinite Warfare in order to play the remastered version of Call of Duty 4, a game that people have been begging the developers to remake for years
    2. Battlefield/CoD hating bandwagoneers have nothing else better to do

11. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Call of Duty: Medieval
    Call of Duty: Primordial
    Call of Duty: Time Splitters (Wait a minute...)
    Call of Duty: Ghost Ops (Black Ops and Ghosts crossover via dimensions)

Civil war sounds amusing, but that will never work. I think. Naw, I doubt it.

Call of Duty now feels like it's just done the same way as sports video games- a new one for the fans.