Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Should I Watch Next?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Just finished an anime and need suggestions on what to watch next? Here's the place to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I got three episodes left in Kaichou wa Maid-sama! and one episode left in Marvel Anime Wolverine 2011 and I feel like watching a romance, Sci-Fi, or fantasy next any suggestions would be great thanks.

3. Nikkonolasco Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm 2 episodes into Skip Beat right now. It's pretty good but there is no dub available. If you're looking for a good dubbed anime I suggest Baccano. I just finished it and it was insanely awesome.

4. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks I will check it out.

5. silent.soul Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I recently completed a certain magical index..nd now Iw ant to see something comedy but no ecchi stuff and also dub

6. MrKatana215 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A Certain scientific railgun was just released in english, not that much comedy but it is a spin-off of a certain magical index.

7. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I just finished watching Another. Now I need a new anime to watch. Here is my MAL for an idea of what I like: http://myanimelist.net/profile/VeritasOdium

**Note** I don't like comedy or romance to be the main theme in my anime. I'm very picky. Also, feel free to add me on there.

8. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Judging from what I recognized from your list you might like Mushishi and would probably like Deadman Wonderland. Not really any romance in them. But maybe just little bit of comedy it's been awhile since I watched them so I might be a little off.

9. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Judging from what I recognized from your list you might like Mushishi and would probably like Deadman Wonderland. Not really any romance in them. But maybe just little bit of comedy it’s been awhile since I watched them so I might be a little off.

Deadman's Wonderland has some romance ;D

(testing to see if I can post too >.>)

10. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I just finished watching Another. Now I need a new anime to watch.
    **Note** I don’t like comedy or romance to be the main theme in my anime. I’m very picky. Also, feel free to add me on there.

Mirai Nikki!

It's a psycho love fest full of blood and gore and a great plot! :D

Anyone have any recommendations for after finals? Please pick from the "watching" list and ignore those currently airing please ^.^ I know I have to catch up on those.

MAL

11. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    You should watch Garden of Sinners. I haven't seen it yet, but plan to watch them at some point. They are supposed to be really good :D

Also, I shall add Mirai Nikki to my list, and check it out.

As for Deadman Wonderland, I'm not sure if I would like it or not.

12. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Well then I guess it's time to get Garden of Sinners prepped for after finals ^.^ I've been wondering when to watch those haha.

Also Deadman's Wonderland is a gore type of show with supernatural abilities (if you couldn't tell from MAL). It's pretty cool. I would recommend it to be one to watch as well. It's a unique and interesting story haha. I hope it gets a second season because the manga continues past the anime (i think).

I have also heard good things about Gantz if you wanna check that out.

13. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    @Veritas, If you havent seen Deadman Wonderland and Mirai Nikki but you liked Another then i highly recommend those 2.

Mirai Nikki, like Blazer said, has evrything. Its better than Another on many fronts and the story is great despite is being completely twisted.

Deadman Wonderland, i enjoyed this one alot, but compared to the manga the anime is crap. I dont know if you like to read manga but if you do i recommend you read it instead of watching it. or watch it and then pick up the manga where the anime left off.

@Blazer, yes the manga continued. Its in the final arc now but they arent releasing at a fast pace. It was on hiatus for a long long time because the author was pregnant. She just recently started producing the manga again. I doubt there will be a 2nd season because they should have had enough material already while it was on hiatus. Only hope is that they wait for the manga to end and then make a 2nd season. I can guarentee some super awesome stuff happens after the anime.

14. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I just finished watching Another. Now I need a new anime to watch. Here is my MAL for an idea of what I like: http://myanimelist.net/profile/VeritasOdium

**Note** I don’t like comedy or romance to be the main theme in my anime. I’m very picky. Also, feel free to add me on there.

If you havent seen Deadman Wonderland and Mirai Nikki but you liked Another then i highly recommend those 2.

Mirai Nikki, like Blazer said, has evrything. Its better than Another on many fronts and the story is great despite is being completely twisted.

Deadman Wonderland, i enjoyed this one alot, but compared to the manga the anime is crap. I dont know if you like to read manga but if you do i recommend you read it instead of watching it. or watch it and then pick up the manga where the anime left off.

@Blazer, yes the manga continued. Its in the final arc now but they arent releasing at a fast pace. It was on hiatus for a long long time because the author was pregnant. She just recently started producing the manga again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

Mirai Nikki isn't twisted ¬_¬ it's pure awesomeness! :) other than that I agree with your previous statements haha.

And I suppose I better get on that manga then. It looked really good the last time I looked it up, but it got pushed aside.

16. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I need a little helping hand here, I'm almost gonna start Eureka Seven and after that Beelzebub, but I have no idea as to what to watch after that.

I always watch four different anime and I only selected two to watch after those that I mentioned so, here's what I want:

Something not to on the action and ecchi side, good amount of comedy but not horror nor romance, you can check my MAL to see what I've seen, watching and plan on watching, the link is on my sig

17. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Well, I have started watching Mirai Nikki. It's alright, I imagine it will pick up soon.

I didn't like Another that much, it was OK. The end was a tad confusing, and it felt like they ran out of source material from the manga to finish it properly. (I haven't read the manga). Either that, or they had a tight deadline to finish it, and weren't sure how to finish it off.

18. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    (Sorry I am posting twice, I have only just seen Natsu's post). I would recommend: Haibane Renmei if you want constant talking and character development. There is barely any action. A little blood at the beginning, but not an overwhelming amount. There's no romance in this. Maybe not a good amount of comedy, but it depends what you're specifically looking for.

Serial Experiments Lain is another one I would recommend. Again, action kept to a bare minimum, and it depends which one you are watching, but there is only a small amount of blood in one episode. Not really much comedy in this either.

Possibly Paranoia Agent as well. Pretty much the same as the above tbh. (In terms of what you're looking for, obviously the plots are all completely different).

Sorry that they are not filled with comedy. But, the comedy is there on the side for the character development, and all the other purposes it can serve really.

19. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Well, I have started watching Mirai Nikki. It’s alright, I imagine it will pick up soon.

I didn’t like Another that much, it was OK. The end was a tad confusing, and it felt like they ran out of source material from the manga to finish it properly. (I haven’t read the manga). Either that, or they had a tight deadline to finish it, and weren’t sure how to finish it off.

I pray, for your safety, that you like it ^.^ It picks up after the introduction of the game and the meeting of the "Detective Journal".

20. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    ^lol :D Blazer's avatar is ready for action in case someone doesnt like Mirai Nikki.

And whats wrong with Another? From what i remember evrything was explained and i was satisfied by it.