Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Those Kids Playing On The Lawn.

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by nyakomayushii, Jun 26, 2015.

1. nyakomayushii Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It is very common for the elderly to be annoyed by those kids playing on your lawn! How do you feel about those kids playing in your lawn?

As long as they don't mess my shit up, I'm cool with it personally.

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Honestly it's just a shitty stereotype. Old people never yell at kids to get off their lawn. But still, it's an invasion of privacy to an extent.

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    This reminds me of the time these young punks were screwing around at the front of my house in the middle of the night.
    I was just about build up enough courage to go out there and tell them off when one of them decided to belly flop and destroy a Christmas decoration snow globe I had out there.

Needless to say I woke my father up and the both of us ran out in our underwear and started cursing them out like madman. Good old father-son bonding right there.

Aside from those idiots I never really had any problems with the kids in the neighborhood.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    don't have a lawn let a lone a front yard, in the past I have always had a fenced yard so kinda trespassing. but have never had a problem with it an i use to live next to a park.

5. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Is this actually a thing that happens? I've yet to see an old person yelling at people on their lawn. Sounds funny.

6. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see that too!

On the other hand, I have never actually seen anyone loitering around (playing or otherwise) on properties not their own. Perhaps it is because of the neighborhood I lived in, but we do encounter quite a few stray cats that loves to crawl on our porch. ^_^
    The only thing is sometimes dogs would do their business on our lawn and that kills the grass. :/

7. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I live next to an alley. People drive up and down that alley with their subwoofers at full blast and it rattles my windows. Oh yeah, those dB's are pretty high if it weren't for the walls to help dampen the sound some, I'd probably be deaf by now. People act like they own the alley and that the residents don't matter, so I've been gathering some information on what I can do to petition the city to block the alleyway off or put up a neighborhood gate that only residence on the block can use.

And yes, I have actually yelled at people to turn their shit music down.

8. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have similar encounters... except while I was driving. So what my passengers at the time, (namely by boyfriend and sometimes my sister,) would prepare my stereo, turning up to the max, rolled down the windows, and blast the Pokemon Theme song - the first opening. The look on their faces were priceless.
    But yes, people really shouldn't do that. :/
    Depending on who owns the city block and what-not, they may not want to spare the extra expense for gate or something that might be considered "extravagant." I hope yours is nice though.

9. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    I guess the Pokemon theme turns heads though

10. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Let em play. Who gives a shit? It's just grass.

Also, though it's a stereotype, I do know some grouchy coworkers who with whine and gripe about this sort of thing to the point where they'd probably call the cops to get the kids away.

Some people are just miserable like that

12. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I got 3.4 Acres of Land and live in a pretty rural area.... I personally don't care as i really can't see them if they are in the front of my yard as the house is pretty far back from the road.... as long as they don't break my stuff (witch I don't have nice stuff laying outside) I am totally cool with that.

But I've heard story from other people around here where kids on dirt bike were on this old ladies yard and doing donuts and shit the son of the old lady was driving by at the time and saw them got out of his truck and then the 10 kids I guess more like tenager's jumped him and beat him.....

Unfortanalty for those tenagers this guys has like 6 brothers and ive met them and yea they'll get there's you just dont mess with the town Crazies and there mothers// as they dont give a Flying cow what happens to them......

that I would have an issue with.... but it all depends on the kids and what they do..... I mean if they just want to play who cares if they destroy well baseball bat to the knee caps should do ...

And I can honestly say ive never heard an old person complain to me to get off their lawn but I bet it be pretty halarious to see... old people are so funny :)

13. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Really iv'e known of two old people both being my grandparents who yell at kids to keep off their lawn. Their reasons are well intent because in the past their stuff has been damaged. Not just that a long time ago back when they lived in Virginia a kid got hurt on their land and the parents tried to sue them. Went on saying it was my grandparents fault that their child got hurt in the first place. Actually heard of parents doing this blaming other's that their child got hurt on another person's land, yet where were they when that child went onto that person's land to begin with.

14. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    oh dont get me started on that my friend!

By the chances of me sounding like I am generalizing I appologies

But that is what urks me the most about today's society.... NO ONE TAKES responsibility for their mistakes it really pisses me off you screwed up you werent watching your kids and you want to blame someone else for that!?

urgh HATE THOSE PEOPLE my parents always told me you are responsible for your actions if you mess up you fess up and take ithe consequences with it.... you happy Vladnyx you got me started on this :p hahahaha

15. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @Cpt_K3nny i'm sorry if I got you started on this. Wasn't trying to honest. But it urks me the same way if it makes you feel any better.And am i'm happy I got you started on this, nope not really. Was simply speaking out saying I knew old people who yelled at kids to get off their lawn. What's really sad though is those people are related to me but I love em.

16. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

No Problem Vladnyx!!!

Arent old people fun.... My Grandfather who is now 95 years old who has been married to my grandmother for 70 years....... wow 70 years thats insane when i think about it anyways .... He went to the optometrist last year with my grandmother and my aunt ..... The first thing the optometrist tells him is I see the doctor revoked your license mr smith my grand mother and aunt both look at him going really!!!?

so he goes and says ... Aww that doctor does not know what hes talking about!!!!

Apparently doctor took his license away 6 month before but he didnt tell anyone and just kept on driving hahahaha what a guy,.... god love him tho

17. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    That reminds of one South Park episode I saw, in which all the elderly people had their licenses revoked. 6 months without detection. I guess that shows that he is still doing quite well.
    And he has been married for 70 years? I hope that I could do that some day.

18. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Yea it is quite an accomplishment Especially with today's divorce rates....