Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The New Release Club: Shingeki no Kyoujin discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, May 7, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Shingeki no Kyoujin

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

The clubs activity discussion thread has now bee migrated so let official activities begin. Remember no manga posts unless spoiler tags are used and clearly labelled as such, anything to do with the anime is fine to be posted without spoiler tags

That newest episode, I expected some people to die however not everyone but Armin. I would say that it more than made up for the slow episode some were complaining about the training.

MC better stay dead, or if not he better be cut out of the titan just in time but still suffering from the blood loss on the verge of death. That episode had me so hooked that it felt like it was over just after it began, then all of the what if scenarios plagued me for the rest of the night.

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'm a little behind on my anime so I just caught up today. Did that really just happen? I still can't believe it. I'm still in a little shock. Surely he can't be dead. It all seems TTGL reminiscent.

So far this show has exceeded even the high expectations I had for it. I'm tempted to laugh at all the people who didn't vote to watch this anime this season.

3. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
  4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    ^ I saw that yesterday but due to me not yet having watched K-on it is only meh.

@Spor, Yeah it did seem to happen, Eren died from what we saw. I mean he should be dead, missing an arm and a leg=blood loss and the titans are boiling hot so being inside its mouth let alone its stomach must be hell. So I'm for unless Mikasa can somehow cut him out of its stomach I don't want him to return alive by some magic.
    Some aren't watching it due to preferences, so while we are greatly enjoying it for what has happened they refuse to watch it for that reason. Although I'm with you, there is no way I'd not watch this.

New ep in no more than 2 days time, place your bets is Eren dead or alive? No spoilers from the manga if you do know the answer everyone.

5. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Alive.

6. jayvon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eren got +++ in ep.5

7. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    My lips are sealed, I only read the first 15 chapters but I'll be quiet. But anyway, the episode was AWESOME

8. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I was certain that I posted it here...

9. jayvon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Damn Eren is one crazy mother ++++. And also there is barely anybody on this site are you guys sure this is the one we're using?

10. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    OK I've seen a lot of badass action on any anime but, Mikasa was very badass in this episode

11. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    And so... Mikasa was my favourite char since the first episode... but now... she might even be the 2nd female to be able to make it to my top 10 favorite char list :eek:

Can't say beautiful flashback, because of what happened in her past, but it was definitely a good episode. I just love how cruel she is and accepts the world as it is.

Great episode indeed.

12. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Im about halfway to being caught up.
    This shit it pretty epic...

13. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    saw the latest ep and a mikasa flash back episode is a waste. dont get me wrong i like episode and i now understand (and speculated) a bit where mikasa got her will to fight and about her super strength.

14. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Then how is it a waste if it made you understand more? Thats pretty much what it was used for.

15. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    well they could have minimized the flash back a little and show more of the current situation. eren is not yet declared dead coz i have this rule that a character is dead when it is shown or stated dead without reasonable doubt. i also wanted to see much of the other characters too on how they were doing with the titans (not to mention potato girl).

16. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Mikasa is gonna flip shit when she finds out Eren is dead.
    Come on, There really isnt any way to survive that unless Eren cuts a hole straight through the Titan's gut (Which might happen but I dont think so)
    I guess Mikasa gets promoted to MC now???
    Still needs more Potato-chan though.

17. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Maybe the titan had to poop. Thats Eren's only way to survive.

18. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'm leaving this here

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/05/17/free-unofficial-attack-on-titan-web-mini-game

19. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    That is awesome, I clicked to play it and it took me a little while before I actually got the hang of it despite how easy it is.

It is enjoyable and while easy sort of hard since I couldn't hit the neck exactly, apparently hitting about chin height isn't good enough yet when I hit the chest high it was good. I am a little disappointed that I didn't manage to collect a potato though. And avoiding them completely also works so I was just doing that for a bit, I managed to make 4200 before growing bored, perhaps I will try again later.

I think everyone should at least try the game provided by Meta and post your high scores before this coming episode is released.

20. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Where did you play? I dont see a play button anywhere. Maybe im blind.