Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Sesame Credit

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by BaconMan8910, Dec 16, 2015.

1. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-34592186

So, I ran across this, this afternoon. And I have to say, this sounds terrifying. As an American, this clearly does not affect me. But, the precedent that this kind of system could set, the notion that governments could create "social credit" scores and gamify this system in order to encourage citizens to police one another in such a way as to enforce "patriotic" and government-approved ideology, is very dangerous.

While it may take a bit of digging to get the full picture (and even then we may not be able to know everything about this), the video and article linked above should provide a decent starting point.

Still, with all I've viewed and read, it's hard not to view this new system as being insidious. Has anyone else heard of this? What do you think?

#1 BaconMan8910, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Sounds fun.

3. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    +10 points!~

This sounds terrifying, 'cause we all know it'd succeed. -10 points.
    -10 points to Lince for being associated with me.

4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I can see the point of view that would make this Sesame Credit seem like it is bad. I do not like the idea that it would be used to keep people in line, and restrict things like internet speed and other enjoyable priveliges. That would reduce the variety among people, if they were to all do necessities and needed things for more points. These are not the sort of people who would need high speed internet priveliges for basic, obedient use of the internet.

Personally, I abhor social media, and things like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. I do not like the idea of these things because I do not really care what other someone else has just eaten, and I do not want to have people searching for what I have looked at or done. For me, JDO is my social media. Here, the community is so much smaller than Facebook and the like, and I do not need to worry about some random stranger commenting and liking the fact that I said the day was nice. Here, it seems that getting a "like" is more rewarding, since you do not get one at anytime for anything.

Anyway, if sesame credit takes over like the video said, I can just see this instance happening-"In America, all you need to do is work hard and you can achieve anything."After sesame street becomes mandatory, it would change to-"In America, all you need to do is work hard and have a high Sesame Credit score to achieve anything."

5. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Is this like "Whose Line-", where the points don't matter?

6. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    On second thought, people probably would not be controlled as much as one would think. There would be those who just don't care about their SC score and get merchandise that would drag the score down. Those people would sell the merchandise to people with high scores off the record, allowing the high-scorers to keep the high score, and still get things that would lower the score.

Just needed some time to cool down and think about it.