Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Ended Review Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events & Activities' started by Shogun13, May 14, 2013.

1. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how many people have seen this, so I'll repost it in a thread and see if this helps. I'd love to give it to Lince or Hsarlode, but I feel like you all should have a chance.

Review your favorite (or least favorite) anime for a chance to win a fabulous prize!

Submit reviews to the site using the “Click here to submit your review” button under the Series Info on the anime page. Entrants may submit multiple reviews. If an anime page is not available on the site yet, request it be added here. All reviews submitted by June 1, 11:59pm PST will be considered in the judging.

While your review does not necessarily need to follow this format, it is a good place for novices to start.
    Spoiler:

The entries will be judged by the Reviews Supervisors. Reviews will be judged on the complexity of ideas and supported opinions. The winner will receive the Region 0 – DVD boxed set of their choice (valued at no more that $50 USD) from http://www.otakucastle.com/index.php?cPath=12

Entrants must be registered members of DubTopian Review. Staff are not eligible to participate. Winner must be willing and able to communicate their legal name and address for prize collection purposes. Should the winner not collect their prize within a week’s time, the second place winner may collect. The winning review becomes sole property of DupTopian Review. The winner forfeits ownership of said review with prize collection as payment for services rendered.

2. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Please add " Toaru Kagaku no Railgun " ( A certain Scientific Railgun ) you have magical index but not precious precious railgun!

I have a review ready for that puppy

3. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    @saywut you can request a review here http://dubtopian-review.eu/topic/request-review-pages-here/ I believe bedhead who writes up most review pages has this subscribed but just in case use @bedheadred to get her attention

4. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    I'm keen to try a review for this, but where's the template? @Shogun13 you kinda just wrote "spoiler:" without actually spoilerising anything...

5. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Reviews should follow these general guidelines. However, if you are a confident writer, please feel free to use any format you wish. Need it be said, use proper grammar, punctuation and paragraph form.

Part 1: Opening
    Use broad, general statements that you will support in your review. Use creative writing tools to grab the readers attention.

Part 2: Concept or Plot
    A brief synopsis of the plot of the anime. Avoid spoilers. Episode 1 spoilers are acceptable. You might mention the anime’s genre and target audience.

Part 3: Characters
    Describe the main characters and how they relate to the plot. Are the characters memorable? unique? likeable?

Part 4: Animation
    Describe the quality of the animation. You might comment on the character design, the backgrounds or color schemes.

Part 5: Audio
    Describe the quality of the voice acting. Did the actors bring the characters to life for you? You might name some of the notable voice actors. Describe the quality of the soundtrack or opening and closing pieces. Does the music enhance the mood of the anime?

Part 6: Closing
    Sum up your review.

Other helpful tips: http://www.dailywritingtips.com/7-tips-for-writing-a-film-review/

Here you go.

6. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Oh hell. And here I was thinking that finishing school would mean the end of these structures XD
    Thanks. :)

7. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to try and write a review for this, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it anytime this week. I already have three essays due, and I don't want to add more to the plate right now.

But I'll try and finish one by the deadline, thanks for that outline by the way. I haven't actually written a review before.

Also:
    I have a question... Where exactly is the "Submit a review" button?

8. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    After reading all of the reviews submitted for the contest, I have come up with a winner. It was tough because there was no review that was far and away better than the competition because the competition was just that great. However this review was a step above the others because it delved into the mechanics of the anime and gave those little details, all while maintaining absolute avoidance of spoilers in a show that is almost completely filled with them. So thus I am glad to announce that Veritas Odium Parit's review of Paranoia Agent is the winner.
    I'd like to give an honorable mention to Mr. Lincecum's body of reviews like Black Cat and His or Her Circumstances. Another honorable mention goes to Mafiacow's Deadman Wonderland review. Both of these reviewers are really talented and made this competition close. I vacillated on which one I would choose right up until the end.
    So @VeritasOdiumParit , please contact @DTRadmin for your prize.
    The winning review can be read here:
    http://dubtopian-review.eu/paranoia-agent/

9. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Yays, honourable mention ^_^

10. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  11. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Congrats dude! I've never seen Paranoia Agent, but the review did very well catch my attention.

Maybe i'll give it a shot after Blood Lad because i'm saving up my paranormal tolerance for then.