Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Research Help

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by BaconMan8910, Oct 30, 2016.

1. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hi, everyone. I'm currently working on a research paper regarding the U.S. federal minimum wage. I have a few weeks to work on this, but I need to start collecting and interpreting data as soon as possible.

I need at least 15 different sources for my paper. As such, I was wondering if anyone would be up for giving me a hand. I need scholarly sources (peer-reviewed journals/articles, statistics and data from credible publications (sources from sites ending in .edu, .gov, or, in some cases, .org)) on minimum wage laws, average income, the number of workers on minimum wage, the estimated average national livable wage, the number of skilled VS unskilled workers in the U.S., and data regarding issues which affect the living wage as well as an individual's ability to advance in their career or "pull themselves" out of poverty (cost of healthcare, wealth distribution, cost of education, etc.).

Personal views on how to approach the minimum wage are welcome, as they will give me a variety of viewpoints to consider when making my argument, but I'm mostly just looking for sources of information.

Thanks! :3

2. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  3. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Doesn't your school have Academic Search Premier and the likes?

4. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. I have access to several libraries, but I thought I would ask for help from others, as someone else might have a perspective or a source which I would not find or consider, otherwise.

5. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1

I might have access to business libraries (a different department at my school, so not sure).

I'll check later if you'd like.

6. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how good these will help.
    A link for state minimum wages: http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx
    And one for the federal minimum wage: https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/minimumwage

But I do expect these to be nearly common knowledge, at least.

Personal opinion: While I would love for minimum wage to be high, nobody (generally) forces you to get a low pay job, so minimum pay should not be a concern, at least not to me. I think a person's common sense or desperation is what really determines minimum wage.
    Hence why I do not have too much of an opinion on this subject, especially since I try to keep things short.

7. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Yay I'm a usual HOE poster now! :D

Minimum wage...
    Not my strong suit sorry. Don't discount the effects of labor unions though, especially the ones from the past. I'm just guessing but if people felt they were getting ripped off by businesses that's where unions come in hence why they were so popular back then.