Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Recommend me a video game

Discussion in 'Tech Temple' started by Timekeeper, May 10, 2016.

1. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    So recently I've gotten rather bored of my current game library and want to play something new. However, I've been out of the gaming community for some time and I don't really know what's good and what's shit.

So just recommend me a game and I'll tell you what I've heard about it or if I've played it

Systems:

PC
    PS3
    PS4
    X360
    Gamecube

I'm pretty much up for anything but sports games

2. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure what kind of games you've played, but I absolutely loved the PS4 remaster of Gravity Rush.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Get a ps1 emulator and play some Chrono Cross. I'm replaying it for the 10th time on my ps1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Just recommend a title you feel is good. I'll say if I've played it or not

5. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Tales of Symphonia? That was a good one.

6. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Just in case that part got missed. It was a really fun game, especially seeing Kat in a maid outfit.

7. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the PS Vita version. That game kicks ass... I just wish I was better at playing it though, like the gravity slide. That's difficult with the Vita cause I always want to lean my entire body and it seems to be too sensitive and I just can't get the hang of the sensitivity.

Recently, I've been craving some EVE Online, but after getting back into it after a good 10-11 years since the last time I played it, I just cant stand the game's control scheme anymore and it's lack of instant selling (vendor trashing) items. So I picked up Starpoint Gemini 2 available on Steam. That game is an excellent replacement to EVE Online, and it's a single player game. Going with the space theme, I'd also recommend SPAZ (Space Pirates and Zombies; also available on Steam). That's an addicting game.

If you have Sacred or Sacred 2 on Steam, those are some pretty good RPGs. I loved Sacred, even still have the physical copy before it was even released on Steam. I got Sacred 2 for PS3 before I even knew it was on Steam (and before I built my gaming computer). It's alright, but I never got very far before my PS3 crapped out with a yellow light during the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt event. So I can't say whether the story is great or not. Just avoid Sacred 3. It's a crappy attempt to copy Blizzard Entertainment's humor and their game Diablo 3. It was also made by a ridiculously stupid company (Deep Silver) that acquired the rights to Sacred when Ascaron Entertainment went under as a game developer studio.

8. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Here's a few:

*Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
    *STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat (install Oblivion Lost mod for SOC)
    Metro 2033
    Valkyria Chronicles

EDIT: added more vidya gaemz.

StarCraft 1 and 2
    WarCraft 3
    Fallout 1, 2, 3, 4, and New Vegas
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    Bloodborne
    Final Fantasy XIV (an MMO)

* = games that will require unofficial patches to run properly on modern systems.

#8 BaconMan8910, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  9. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ugh. It was great at first but that mission where you have to help the guy in the sewers I think, that was the most annoying part of the game. I died 5 times trying to figure out what I was actually supposed to do. I've got the Redux version on Steam.

10. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
  11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Okay then, we'll start in reverse order.

Gamecube- Two different choices come to my mind as the best Gamecube games. Skies of Arcadia is a very good rpg. The other choice is Sonic Adventure. Both Sonic 1 and 2 are great although the first one hasn't aged to well.

X360-Nothing unique comes to mind. The exclusives don't exactly draw my attention. Maybe Gears of War but your millage will vary. Mass Effect maybe. However if you haven't already there is a HD Remaster of Halo 1. Other then that...meh.

PS4-Don't have one, not sure what I would get for this system

PS3-Now we're talking! It may be a older console but you got a lot of choices not to mention games are still being released on it. Specifically RPGs. I've said it before but it bears repeating, Trails in the Skies : Cold Steel. Lot's of dialogue and backstory with a grand scheme in mind. There are multiple stories attached to the series, the creators say this is a good starting point.

PC-Any of the open sandbox games because of mods. What I'm playing now is World of Tanks (best free to play game I ever played), Battlefield 4, and Crusader Kings II. I can show you the ropes a bit in the first mention, the second I'm a complete noob even with 81 hours logged in ;)

12. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Here would be my picks
    - Last of Us on PS3 or PS4 (That game was amazing and refreshing in a gaming industry that had become stale for me.)
    - Mass Effect the series (You can buy 1,2,3 for 30 dollars on the ps3 as a trilogy release. This was one of the best RPG i've played in recent years.)
    - Witcher 3 If you have not played it what are you waiting for!

Also if you want to go retro
    On Pc with emulator:

Final Fantasy 4 (AKA FF2 in NA). Two Words LUNAR WHALE!
    Final Fantasy 6
    Chrono Trigger

13. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Star Ocean 5 (recently announced and available for pre-order). Just had to put that out there. It is now the primary reason I will be attempting to save up money to get a PS4 now. I'm a big Star Ocean fan. I may not be able to complete all of the Star Ocean games, but I love the lore and graphic design for it. The only other game I have for the PS4 is Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and that's because I pre-ordered it before I even got my gaming computer. I don't like upgrading, and I don't like buying used on gaming systems. So I end up paying more than some people who don't care if it's used or new.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't get into that series, I remember thinking that the Tales series was the same but with better story lines. I only did play the second Star Ocean (which I keep hearing was great) but kind of got bored.
    That was a while back, I keep thinking to try one of the newer ones but something always pushes it back in my list of games to play. I'm sure I'll play another Star Ocean game sometime, I'm an RPG buff but it is going to have to wait.

Aside from the pretty old second game (being old didn't bother me, I can play anything from the SNES era with no problems), is there a particular favorite one of yours?

15. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't really say which one is my favorite, I really like all of them. The first one I played was actually the 3rd, Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, so I'm pretty partial to the battle mechanics on it over all other battle systems the series has had so far, I also liked the map exploration part and attempting to get 100% of the map cleared, which gave me a Jeweled Bunny (worth quite a bit in-game), but I really like how Star Ocean: Last Hope (AKA Star Ocean 4) looks and feels outside of battle. When I got the 4th one, the game was released as Star Ocean: Last Hope -International- at least for PS3, which had both the Japanese and English audio. I have Star Ocean 1 and 2 on the PSP.... which reminds me, I need to pick the system up and start playing Star Ocean 1 again. I remember getting stuck on it, but I don't remember what exactly it was that was preventing me from getting further in the story.

16. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    There is one that will push your computer (or the software's own code ) to the limits.
    [​IMG]
    http://powdertoy.co.uk/

17. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I would recommend:

Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
    Final Fantasy 9
    Final Fantasy 7
    Dragonball Xenoverse
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix
    Kingdom Hearts 2.8
    Resident Evil 5
    Halo 3 and 4
    Time Splitters 2 and Future Perfect (NGC)

18. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I used to play the hell out of that back in high school

19. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Morrowind

20. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Just realized this.
    https://justanimeforum.net/threads/community-standards.10082/#post-123653
    • Talking about piracy in general is acceptable, posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not.

This does not count in this case, correct?

Ever heard of Cortex Command?
    Neat little game. Not very optimized, but neat. Still a WIP.