Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

new release club Winter 2013/14 vote

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Nominations are in so lets get to the voting. Like always vote for the two you would like as an activity for this season, tally votes as you go, vote changes are allowed. Voting will close January 3rd. Without further ado your choices are:

Space Dandy - comedy, sci-fi, space
    Space Dandy is a dandy in space! This dreamy adventurer with a to-die-for pompadour travels across the galaxy in search of aliens no one has ever laid eyes on. Each new species he discovers earns him a hefty reward, but this dandy has to be quick on his feet because it's first come, first served! Accompanied by his sidekicks, a rundown robot named QT and Meow the cat-looking space alien, Dandy bravely explores unknown worlds inhabited by a variety of aliens. Join the best dressed alien hunter in all of space and time as he embarks on an adventure that ends at the edge of the universe!
    Dub trailer since I couldn't find the sub

Sakura Trick - romance, school, yuri, slice of life
    The story revolves around Haruka and Yuu, two girls who go to a high school that is slated to be shut down in three years.
    To share something special between them, they share a kiss, and their relationship deepens from that moment onward.

Noragami- action, adventure, shounen
    At the boundary between this realm and another, there live eight million gods, dead spirits who serve the gods, and other assorted spirits who help and meddle in the affairs of humans. A sweet middle school girl named Hiyori Iki has been enduring bullying from her classmates, and she goes to the restroom by herself to cry. Scrawled on the bathroom wall is a phone number and the message, "I solve your troubles."

After Hiyori calls the number, she encounters a homeless boy wearing a jersey who calls himself a god. The boy, named Yato, is rough, moody, lazy, and never listens to anyone's wishes, but he had the power to be a god... that no one knew of.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpFjMtWTmsY

Nobunaga the Fool - action, mecha, sic-fi
    The Western Planet and the Eastern Planet.
    Once upon a time, the two sides were bound by the "Dragon Pulse" spanning the heavens.

The civilization that once had prospered has now turned to a tale of dreams, as the inextinguishable flames of war tear the realm asunder. The two planets remain engulfed in endless battles.

The return of the super technology known as "sacred treasures" could revolutionize the world order, but no one knows of them but one person—a "heretical girl."

A girl from the Western Planet, Jeanne Kaguya d'Arc, saw heavenly visions of the birth of a "Star Messiah" who will save the world. She embarks on a journey to the Eastern Planet with Leonardo da Vinci, "the one who observes the world." They come across the heretic of the Eastern Planet and "the greatest fool of the day," Oda Nobunaga.
    http://youtu.be/i1jXxiLDn1k?t=2m22s

Mahou Sensou - action, fantasy, magic
    In this modern magic action story, Takeshi Nanase is an ordinary high school boy who has a somewhat dark past. Due to certain circumstances, he formed a "fake" couple with his childhood friend Kurumi Isoshima, but otherwise, he lives a normal life. However, one day, he comes across a girl named Mui Aiba, in a uniform he has never seen before, collapsed on the school campus. This encounters changes Takeshi's destiny completely. Mui tells Takeshi that she is a magician, and she apologizes, for she turned Takeshi into a magician, too. What Takeshi once knew as one world is actually two—the world where magicians live and the world where humans live.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36HS3wkTPHI

Nisekoi - comedy, romance, shounen
    Raku Ichijou is an average high school student. He also happens to be the sole heir to the head of a Yakuza Family called the Shuei-gumi. Ten years ago, Raku made a promise... a secret promise with a girl he met. They promised one another that they will "get married when they reunite". Since then, Raku never let go of the pendant the girl gave him.

Then one day, a beautiful girl named Chitoge Kirisaki transfers into Raku's class. Their chemistry was more than off. There was not a moment where they were not fighting. But by a weird turn of events, Raku and Chitoge agree to become fake lovers. Although his heart is really interested in his classmate Kosaki Onodera, Raku must continue pretending to be Chitoge's boyfriend.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rRtETpFm-U

2. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I'm nominating Sakura Trick, this is the second time I nominate something in this group

3. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    ;_;
    Natsu took my nomination..

So I'll nominate Noragami.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Abstaining this time around. Not even nearly caught up with my fall shows so I won't be concentrating on winter for awhile.

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Calling it now the two selections will be Sakura Trick and Space Dandy.

6. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    after filtering only the originals for nomination, Nobunaga the Fools is the only anime that caught my interest. thought not an original, chuunibyou is one but id rather wait for it to finish.

7. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Pupa!!!!!! It's back :D

8. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I shall nominate Mahou Sensou.

9. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Space Dandy
    Creators of Cowboy Bebop and being simulcast [dubbed] by Adult Swim.

Boobies.

Edit: Damn it Super!

Welp. theres nothing better....

10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    So a few things, @sir-maddy you know we can't have a second season nominated of something that the club hasn't watched so Saki is out, choose again.

@batosai, due to Pupa's short length I think this might have to be removed as well. From what I've read of the manga the anime will have interesting content to discuss but from 5 min episodes there we wouldn't have too much to say. You might want to choose again. We could just discuss Pupa in the general section if we wanted to.

With the removal of those two, we have 4 nominations so far

Space Dandy
    Sakura Trick
    Nobunaga the Fool
    Mahou Sensou

11. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I did.
    I changed it to Noragami.

12. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    When did you do that? I definitely remember seeing it as Saki, but that works, one more spot remains.

Space Dandy
    Sakura Trick
    Nobunaga the Fool
    Mahou Sensou
    Noragami

13. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Well evrything i would nominate has already been nominated. So i'll leave it.

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Damn no more takers? I wanted to edit this thread into being the voting one tonight but I guess I'll aim for obtaining that last nominee in the next 24 hours. Time to call in some of the other members @blazer, @saywut, @hatless, @souleater, @lunar, @silvo.

If one more nomination isn't received in the next 20 hours I will choose a second one to get this started.

15. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Nisekoi :)

16. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Darn I missed the nomination. I got busy yesterday and didn't log on at all. I logged in once on Monday but I guess it was before this.

17. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    No Ovyda why, nisekoi really? I was going to nominate Wizard Barristers if you didn't post that, but I don't care anymore I just want this voting to get started.
    And for this round only it doesn't matter if you won't participate, [in the interest of being fair] I will notify everyone listed as a 'member' for this club, those that don't respond who also never post will be deleted from the member list since 59 is ridiculous if there are only ever 15 or less of us. If you truly don't want to vote and wish to remain in here post once saying so, or join again after the purge.

@natsu-dragneel, @sir-maddy, @noobs, @batosai, @hikikomori, @keiichi-morisato, @ovyda, @sporadic, @metazoxan, @mafiacow, @incoming, @karmadelta, @blazer, @saywut, @cowboygcg2, @mkeefe, @meepers, @zirakuta, @masterofflys, @kinrah, @rodrule, @yomodave, @nimander, @johnnyboy, @mrlincecum, @hatless, @kickenwing, @otakusenseihig, @shifter101, @vrishnak92, @lunar, @anubis, @natsuru-san, @crimson, @souleater, @silvo, @dnh1975, @jayvon, @dcmac, @mal327, @blaze1514, @jacleg029, @elgoogles, @tactical-nuke, @natelee7, @kyouko, @barfittc, @m-theoria, @worsley, @graywolfs96, @ico, @astrx, @thatperson, @r0ars, @kalan131, @furkat, @kagehiko

Now for the voting. Vote for two series only, vote changes are allowed, tally the votes as you go. Voting will end Jan 3rd. The first post of this thread has been edited to show all options with as much info as known being displayed about each.

Space Dandy - 1
    Supernatural Knight

Sakura Trick - 0

Noragami - 0

Nobunaga the Fool - 1
    Supernatural Knight

Mahou Sensou - 0

Nisekoi - 0

18. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Space Dandy – 1