Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Log Horizon discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Can't believe I forgot to download this on Sunday morning, and then almost forgot again this morning... Anyaway, ep 24:

What are you guys talking about? I've done a number of usurping quests before. :p
    Lols at Akatsuki.
    Lols, Minori is being useless. XD
    Have not seen a cat like that before. XD
    Lol what at this
    I don't think that's how those cake things are supposed to work...
    That hair thing is just a little creepy...
    This "patrolling" amuses me.
    Wonder what's going on with that eye guy and that preview.

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    LOG HORIZON IS GETTING A S2.
    I REPEAT, LOG HORIZON IS GETTING A S2.

REJOICE!

3. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I REPEAT, LOG HORIZON IS GETTING A S2.REJOICE!
    Alright, time for the long wait until it airs, I enjoyed Log Horizon a lot

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I REPEAT, LOG HORIZON IS GETTING A S2.REJOICE!
    Yay! I wonder is season 2 will see them trying to get back home or if it will just be more adventures in Elder Tale.

5. Vrishnak92™ Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I figured as much (season 2 wise) as the story has made no progress whatsoever on solving the Apocalypse. Sure we know it was created by "World-Class Magic" but no clues on how to reverse it, nor any indication from Shiroe on any progress. After the season is over & I've watched the final episode for it, I'll have my review for the season posted here.

6. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Final episode...
    Hehe, Princess gettin' blamed, I like it.
    Ooo, did Shiroe write that letter himself? X3
    I love how evil all the glasses are. XD
    Awwww... poor Akatsuki...
    Totally screencapped that bit for a wallpaper.
    Oh wow, that spell thing's so cool. And she's a Kitsune, right? That's the name, fox with nine tails?
    Oh wow, so he HAS still been working on getting back.
    Hehe, that going into eye reflection thing reminded me of the crystal Onix in Pokémon.
    No one even noticed she didn't react to "chibiko"?
    YES! I DID notice they abandoned that knee-to-face gag long ago in last ep, but sooooo glad they brought it back! XD
    Hmmm... lemme think about this ending... need to decide if it's the kind I hate or not...
    Okay, after contemplation for a couple hours, I have decided that this isn't the kind of open ending I hate; It all really boils down to "Ignoring whether it is or isn't getting a sequel, would I be okay with it ending the way it is?" So, in this case, I am okay with it. The one new character introduced was given a clear identity as opposed to "Who is this new character we just threw in??", and there were minimal loose ends there as well, sorta like "We are most likely gonna continue this, but it's fine if you leave it here."
    Now, to look forward to season two~ =^_^=

7. Vrishnak92™ Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Although the last episode was released on crunchyroll, I'll have to wait another week before I can watch it since I couldn't renew my membership... :/

Edit:

Final episode…
    Hehe, Princess gettin’ blamed, I like it.
    Ooo, did Shiroe write that letter himself? X3
    I love how evil all the glasses are. XD
    Awwww… poor Akatsuki…
    Totally screencapped that bit for a wallpaper.
    Oh wow, that spell thing’s so cool. And she’s a Kitsune, right? That’s the name, fox with nine tails?
    Oh wow, so he HAS still been working on getting back.
    Hehe, that going into eye reflection thing reminded me of the crystal Onix in Pokémon.
    No one even noticed she didn’t react to “chibiko”?
    YES! I DID notice they abandoned that knee-to-face gag long ago in last ep, but sooooo glad they brought it back! XD
    Hmmm… lemme think about this ending… need to decide if it’s the kind I hate or not…
    Okay, after contemplation for a couple hours, I have decided that this isn’t the kind of open ending I hate; It all really boils down to “Ignoring whether it is or isn’t getting a sequel, would I be okay with it ending the way it is?” So, in this case, I am okay with it. The one new character introduced was given a clear identity as opposed to “Who is this new character we just threw in??”, and there were minimal loose ends there as well, sorta like “We are most likely gonna continue this, but it’s fine if you leave it here.”
    Now, to look forward to season two~ =^_^=

i like how informative this is while lacking spoilers, excellent! @Mafiacow

edit2: tried to add spoiler tags to shorten the immediately visible space... To no avail. Some help here??

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @vrishnak92 thats too bad it was a pretty decent episode, its a shame you can't watch it sooner.
    I will be posting my thoughts about it at a later time though due to time restraints at the moment.

For spoiler tags it is usually [ spoiler ]your text here [ / spoiler ] without the spaces, but this site has some trouble with them and doesn't allow them to work properly when quoted, surrounding quotes [as far as I know at least] nor having spoiler tags in spoiler tags. So don't worry about it.

9. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Vrishnak92 Lolwhat? I wasn't even trying; those are just my thoughts I write down as I'm watching the episode. XD But thanks. ^_^
    And btw, if you edit in a mention, the person won't receive a notification.

10. Vrishnak92™ Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @supernatural_knight ah, that makes sense, hopefully yall have a coder who can figure out how to fix it.

@mafiacow Well, it may not work now, but I believe it should work, I hate double posting so I just edit my posts. I'll keep this in mind when I need to do a mention.

how am I supposed to mention knight? That space in his name breaks the mention system.

-__-

11. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Wow, only got email of this right now... what is with the system lately?

@Vrishnak92 If you hover over or click someone's avatar or name from one of their posts, it'll show you the url of them, giving their tagging name at the end. Like, for Super, it's dubtopian-review.eu/members/Supernatural-Knight

Also, while I'm here, I'll tell you guys the hypothesis I recently thought of regarding "The Apocalypse" in Log Horizon.
    A few days ago, I was in the APL at uni, and some people near me were talking about the differences between revealing that the characters are stuck in a game between Sword Art Online and Log Horizon, how SAO had this big announcement partway in saying "You are now stuck here", where as LH had them stuck from the very get go. Which got me thinking... what if in LH, they were never in the human world to begin with? What if they were also People of the Land, but created with memories to make them think they were once "human"? Maybe the World Fraction wasn't the sucking in of people from the "Real World", but instead the creating of false people who think they are from another world?...

12. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Vrishnak92 to notify me all you need to do is @ supernatural-knight, the account was created with a dash but the name is displayed with a space which can cause confusion but I prefer it this way.

Thats an interesting theory about the world fraction Mafia, in one way I like the idea but in another way I hate it. Them being people of the land would be a very interesting development, however if this turns out to be true then their ultimate goal is gone. The players had all lost hope until Shiroe started all of his plotting so it doesn't seem lie its motivation but surely people want to go back and visit the loved ones left behind, if suddenly everyone you loved back home were gone then I'm thinking it will be another wave of depression. Who know though because I do like the idea but maybe I hope it just isn't a possibility.

My thoughts on the final episode
    That was a good ending to a great series. It was open ended enough to give us something to look forward to [thank god I didn't want it to end yet] but it was set up so that if a second season wasn't to come it wouldn't leave everyone pissed like the ending of Gantz did.
    This female was kind of sudden though, she just turned up and wants Shiroe, this guy is building a harem unintentionally in a video game. But she is an interesting development being able to control the people of the land. Actually this whole west side is interesting since Marves[?] had adventurers protecting him.
    Speaking of Marves the way Shiroe completely destroyed his set up was humorous but the line that got me was when they declared that he was making everything up, that face change.
    And of course princess Lenessia becomes a huge hit at the event in town, second season I'm calling it there will be a fan club of adventurers worshipping her as an idol even more so than they do now.

Great series I ended up rating it a 9, and because it was so good with themes SAO didn't convey I downgraded SAO at the same time. So to wrap up my post hows this, SAO and Log Horizon were always going to be compared but in the end only one can be seen as the greater MMO anime. Going by scores on MAL the results of the best MMO anime are:

SAO Ranked: #225

Log Horizon Ranked: #165

The winner is Log Horizon everybody. Time to celebrate for its victory and for the second season that is coming before the years end.

13. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    if suddenly everyone you loved back home were gone

Not just gone, but never existed in the first place. How would you feel if your ENTIRE life was a lie? :3

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Great series I ended up rating it a 9, and because it was so good with themes SAO didn’t convey I downgraded SAO at the same time. So to wrap up my post hows this, SAO and Log Horizon were always going to be compared but in the end only one can be seen as the greater MMO anime. Going by scores on MAL the results of the best MMO anime are:

SAO Ranked: #225

Log Horizon Ranked: #165

The winner is Log Horizon everybody. Time to celebrate for its victory and for the second season that is coming before the years end.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised the anime did so well. Given it's lack of action and such I half expected a lot of people to write it off and say SAO was better. This was definately a fun watch and actually went really well with Kill La Kill. With it's nice and slow pace it was like a chance to sit back and relax after an episode of Kill La Kill.

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    ^ Yeah I'm surprised that it was this well received as well, or I would be if it was of a lower quality. This show was really well done and used the MMO setting to its fullest potential unlike the nothing romance questing of SAO getting in the way. They used the full episode count to make one continuous story that covered NPC's, currency, battles, strategising, quests, everything was included and then they threw in the will to live as well. When compared to wasting time, splitting up the show between 2 worlds and overloading it with romance aspects I find it natural to see it rank as the better series.
    However it has a much smaller popularity count than SAO does on MAL, so maybe those that wrote it off just didn't watch it. Who really knows but the numbers stand up to show that Log Horizon was better.

Not just gone, but never existed in the first place. How would you feel if your ENTIRE life was a lie? :3

Exactly why I find your idea interesting, if everything was a lie then who are you? It'd be a really dark route for this to take and I'm thinking there goes everyones motivation again.
    Not sure how it would work out or what else they could do with this idea but even if it is a possibility, I am intrigued.

16. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Mafiacow wrote:
    Not just gone, but never existed in the first place. How would you feel if your ENTIRE life was a lie? :3 Exactly why I find your idea interesting, if everything was a lie then who are you? It’d be a really dark route for this to take and I’m thinking there goes everyones motivation again.
    Not sure how it would work out or what else they could do with this idea but even if it is a possibility, I am intrigued.
    Yes! Exactly! You wouldn't even know who you are! :DIt's the complete opposite of a fluffy ending, and I would so love if it went this way~

17. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    im finally done this show after putting this show off at episode 23 and let me say i throughly enjoyed every minute of this show from the action to the depates and talks of politics while the show did drag a little like most anime i freaking enjoyed it

7.5/10

18. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    At the very least it will definitely be an unofficial discussion. Not sure if Super would mind it being nominated for official discussion or not.

20. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Seems legit, i been a member here over a year and i still dont know what we do for multi season anime