Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Kiseijuu

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Kiseijuu

[​IMG]

The 17-year-old Izumi Shinichi lives with his mother and father in a quiet neighborhood in Tokyo. One night, worm-like aliens called Parasytes invade Earth, taking over the brains of human hosts by entering through their ears or noses. One Parasyte attempts to crawl into Shinichi's ear while he sleeps, but fails since he is wearing headphones, and enters his body by burrowing into his arm instead, taking over his right hand and is named Migi.

Because Shinichi was able to prevent Migi from traveling further up into his brain, both beings retain their separate intellect and personality. As the duo encounter other Parasytes, they capitalize on their strange situation and gradually form a strong bond, working together to survive. This gives them an edge in battling other Parasytes, who frequently attack the pair upon realization that Shinichi's human brain is still intact. Shinichi feels compelled to fight other Parasytes, who devour humans as food, while enlisting Migi's help.

This should be an interesting series once it starts up, hopefully only good things from it but time will tell.

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    its interesting but i cant help to think of it as a good plot for a horror h3ntai.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well if it was a horror hentai the alien would have infested his "Manhood" rather than his hand.... which knowing Japan was probably considered during the early draft process.

4. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    well the hand is good place to start rather than the manhood. its just that whenever there is a plot that an external entity that goes inside a human body an controls it automatically becomes a hentai for me even though havent seen one with such plot. maybe i should endorse it to them and get some moneys. xD

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I am not surprised at all by this, it does sound like a semi suspicious bio for such a thing. Too bad that I shown this series to a friend and he said it reminded him of the movie The Thing.

Okay so my opinion of episode 1, it was definitely interesting. Within 30 seconds I was already impressed by this show, and then that opening starts up by 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' which is a different from what I usually listen to but somehow it sounded pretty good for this opening.

This show should be good, so far it was probably the best episode 1 of a series this season. It was that good that it apparently has shut up a lot of the doubters of this series that believed it would be another butchered/rushed adaptation.
    My thoughts, this certainly beats having a midget girl for a right hand that's for sure.

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hey it's shows like Midori days that remind us just how crazy Japan is. Because no where else can you find a show about a girl becoming a guy's right hand.

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Like any of us need a reminder of this, being denizens of the internet I think we are all aware of this. Although I think this series is better because it is adult and [something that I forgot until just now] the manga is old. It finished in 95, before there were regulations about what is and isn't allowed to be shown which is really too bad for the anime. I'll just say it, Migi is way more useful than Midori.

By the way this opening, how does everyone feel about it?

You should watch this with us Meta, you wanted to start watching different shows than usual after all.

8. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    But can Migi cook delicious food or make tiny shirts that say "I love Shinichi" on them? I certainly hope not because that would just be all kinds of wrong.

Yeah......but I'm still not really interested in trying out horror. I meant more stuff that was dark but not horror. Horror (especially horror with Gore) is something I don't really have plans to get into.

9. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Episode one is out? wow did not think it would be out this early in the day. Guess I know what I am doing tonight.

10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I want to say yes, ep one shows this creature is highly capable of learning, I'm thinking that if it read instructions on about preparing delicious food and shirt making it could. Oh and it morphs so it isn't restricted to the appearance of a single hand.

But what is wrong with horror anime? I know it isn't your thing but you're missing out on some interesting titles because of it. Didn't you avoid Shingeki because of the death themes? That was mostly a shounen series with death, it was hardly a horror anime and MAL doesn't even have it tagged as horror.
    You never know you may like this show as it sounds like it will have a battle theme throughout it as well.

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    It was a bit more than that. I know it barely counts as horror and I may check that one out some day. But as for this I don't know how horror it is so I'll avoid it for now.

Because when I said I was trying to get into somewhat darker series I was more trying to get over my fear of pretty much anything that is even a little tragic or dark. So I'm trying some darker series for a change of pace. I still don't have a taste for horror though so I still don't plan to get into horror itself.

12. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Metazoxan I see, well that is too bad then. This series will probably be varying levels of horror, the premise is aliens that completely take over the hosts body in most cases. You could give it a test run, if the first 30 seconds are too much for you then stay away, in this limited time someone gets their head bit cleanly off and it sin't a spoiler because it was shown in the trailer.

A fear of anything tragic or dark, damn, must be harder to find really good shows. Good luck, I look forward to the day we can discuss shows like this. Funny thing is that I enjoy horror anime but I don't care too much for horror live action movies.

13. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I think it's because
    1. Since it's animation they can be a hell of a lot more creative
    2. If you talk about American horror isn't like 80% of it jump scares? Besides the classics and equally good stuff most of it is just lots of blood, screaming, flashes, etc. I don't know this to be fact since I don't watch horror but that is what it seems like.
    So American horror is all about shock and nothing more whereas horror anime is more about horrific stories and messed up visuals. For example I can't remember what series it was supossed to be from but there was this one scene I vaguely remember that had a red sky, a floating skull with blood pooring out of it's eyes, and an ocean of blood below. This is how anime does horror although even it still uses a fair about of blod, screaming, flashes, etc.

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    You may be right about that Meta, the other day I was shown a top 10 Final Destination death scenes video on youtube and it didn't affect me at all and I actually felt somewhat bored. Meanwhile watching these kinds of scenes in anime I can't look away from the screen, my eyes actually widened and were glued to the screen in the case of Corpse Party.
    But jump scares do still work so they capitalise on it. I only remember 2 attempted jump scare anime and they were Yami Shibai and Urban Legend Story Hikiko, they were both good enough.
    Now you've caught my attention, I don't know what this is but I would definitely like to find out. Hmm how to find a bloody anime that I don't know of....

Oh and about Kiseijuu being too horror filled, I'll post a summary of every scene of gore/violence in spoilers for you to give your opinion on.
    Woman has her head eaten onscreen, later shows her corpse kind of out of focus and darker but bones are visible with a trail of bloody footprints.
    A drunk stumbles across a pool of blood with some organs, mostly dark lighting used again.
    What's left of a body thrown across a washing line with the rest of the laundry. It being night makes it harder to see.
    A dog eating another dog dog standing in the way. Its heart is later pulled out and crushed by Migi
    A woman is stabbed in the stomach
    It sounds like a pretty messed up series from this spoiler, I'm going to enjoy this show.

15. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    well luck for you (or unlucky if you end up hating this) I remembered a key word from the preview that helped me easily find it
    It's called Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/514/Cossette_no_Shouzou

16. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Metazoxan well damn, I've already seen Petit Cossette. I rated it a 7 so it was good but considering I didn't remember a skull crying blood in the sky, I couldn't have liked it that much. Oh well guess I don't have another series to watch after all, thanks for finding it though.

I find it interesting that so far you've posted more than anyone else and you aren't even going to watch this show

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well just because I'm not watching doesn't mean I can't at least try to participate and get some activity going.

18. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Good point, it just hasn't worked too well yet. Let the waiting game continue.

Since I brought your attention back here what did you think of the brutality of this series in ep 1 that I posted in spoiler tags above?

19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    not my cup of tea.

20. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Oh just so you guys know there is sex later in the manga.