Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

ISIS opinions?

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by blaze1514, Jun 30, 2014.

1. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ISIS a terrorist group that has been very active lately....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_Syria
    (the Wiki was updated the day of this posting, so ATM it is up to date)

I was wondering what everyone thought of this situation. I particularly want to know as all I get from IRL friends and family is "Islam is bad" or "we should just bomb them all" or other such ignorant rants. I want to know what everyone thinks about it while addressing certain main points to keep from comments like the ones I gave as examples above.

Militarily- what effect do you think this will have in terms of offence/defense of the armies in Middle East and the area you live in.

Civil- What do you think will happen to the normal civilians of the areas that are being effected and how will this effect normal life where you are.

Economic- What will this do to the economy of the middle east and the economy of your area

Power Balance- This can be answered by the militarily aspect, but I just want this here to make sure people note it.

Religious Consequence- lastly is everyone's favorite topic. I want to know what you think the result of this will be on the Islamic community, and other religions as a result of that.
    If you are not a religious person or are Atheist, please remember that most people in the world designate themselves under some form of religion. As such this is important to you as well as them. You cannot just write it off as a stupid thing that we don't need as many take it seriously so that effects all forms of social interaction.

2. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I won't comment on this matter, but here's the first thing that came to my mind when I read the title:

[​IMG]

3. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    ISIS are nothing more than murderers. Their actions are the very opposite of Islamic teachings and what the majority of Muslims abide by which is that of tolerance, peace and spirituality. ISIS are a very extreme group and in no way should be seen to represent Muslims or Islam.

This whole ISIS situation goes back to the age old dispute between Sunni and Shia sects of Islam and is not much different to historical tension and fighting between Catholic and Protestant Christians in that it is two sects of the same religion fighting about something that happened long ago that has led to differing beliefs even though the main beliefs are the same.

4. Belsfir Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    A perversion of the Islamic faith that manipulates its over-zealous followers to push an agenda of suppression and a disregard for human life / dignity.

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I've only seen them on the news, and some of the shit they're doing is awful.

6. The-Gunney Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I could not of said it better myself. On a side note the U.S. now has at least 750 military advisers in country. This is starting to look like the slow start of Vietnam all over again.