Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Gameover

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Doomguy, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I hate losing. They say you get stronger if you lose. Well I still hate losing.

To the point where multiplayer games and deliberately hard games turn me off. There is always that "guy" who is infinitely better then everyone else on the field. If your lucky they don't gloat or rage. If not they are toxic fumes that bring you down. Sometimes you are that guy. In that case I still hate losing because I feel robbed by other people deficiencies. Now I have to worry about being a dirtbag. Great...being civil and a loser is hard for me
    (Don't worry, I"m not a toxic player. I turn off chat in nonessential games that need it because I don't trust myself ;) )

Hard games piss me off, I blame the cheating a.i and other factors instead of using proper tactics that sometimes you don't even figure out until you lose.

I hate losing...in life and in games. I'm that guy that never takes it easily. I'm incredibly competitive and take it personally. My only fix is to win.

So with the rant out of the way (I really hate losing btw), what are some of those games that you found so incredibly frustrating and hard? Those games with the familiar gameover screen you grow to recognize.

I'll start, any kind of competitive fighting game. That even includes Smash Brothers.
    I was never that good to begin with in these sorts of games. Now that my brother beats me consistently I no longer play against him. Yeah I'm that bad. He even made me rage quit haha

Also got to throw in that losing in Chrono Trigger once is a good idea. That's a good gameover screen.

2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    CoD is one of those sort of games. I consider it illogical for the players to run around all over to shooting each other. No tactics in that. I like the idea of not always having to watch your 6 constantly because someone spawned behind you. Really, it is just annoying when the A.I. stands there and suddenly spins around and kills you. However, I feel that it is different in a game like Unreal Tournament.

Alright, what was truly annoying was the Gameover screen for Armored Core For Answer. This is because you die or fail the mission, and it takes 5-10 seconds before actually going to the gameover screen to retry. A pain, since I have been defeated by enemy ACs in less than 15 seconds.
    Armored Core 5 is its own pain when it comes to retrying. If you did not reach a checkpoint, then you cannot retry the mission, just go back through all the trouble of sifting through menus to get to the mission again.

3. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I feel Winning or losing is over rated as long as i get my participation ribbon I am cool with either.
    I just feel if I win or if I lose one way or the other the outcome does not affect me do I love winning absolutely. But Losing to me is not unbearable...

also they way you lose to me is more important than the losing itself.

Example:
    If I lose a hockey game 4-3 (this is real hockey not video game hockey) then it was a good game and fun because it was challenging but if I lose a hockey game 12 -0 then i am piss because the other team's are arseholes for running the score..... :)

As for Video game specially call of duty I will borrow Charlie Sheen's quote of simply WINNING!!! :p

4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    True. That was how it was with chess games. It was fun, even to lose, provided you and they other player were able to have a good fight at it. I would make a grand plan, screw up a single step, and then watch the other guy just eat my pieces away.
    Part of it is in the head, though. losing my queen or other valuable parts would hurt me when something backfired. However, I could really hurt the morale of the other player by giving their rooks a holy execution via bishop. They would leave those immobile peices unguarded and BAM! Ninja bishop attack.

5. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy

'BAHAHAHAH this made me think of you lol

are you in this video ????

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Hehe.
    I don't throw tantrums or cross the line of actually breaking stuff.
    However I do noticibly become a bitter person.