Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Ga-Rei: Zero Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Sir-Maddy, May 22, 2013.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Ga-Rei: Zero

Here is the discussion for the Action Thriller Anime, Ga-Rei Zero.
    I haven't finished it yet, so I won't say my thoughts yet.

2. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Because some of you guys have not finished it yet don't want to spoil so all I can say is I totally misjudged this show. And for those of you who do not know this the show is actually a prequel of the manga so it picks up almost right were the anime left off.

3. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i thought it was alright. i thought the first episode was kinda odd how they introduced these characters and made it seem like they would be important or major characters and then they immediately die (minus one). The show was also a bit too predictable at times for my taste, like the ending with the knowledge that it was a prequel was a bit deflated for me. The characters were pretty good in general no one that i probably will be too memorable in the long run (minus maybe master michael and one other) but not bad or anything. Overall it was kinda a meh show to me, there wasnt anything necessarily wrong with the anime but for me there just wasnt too much going for it either. I may be missing some points or some revelations though due to lack of reading of the manga but this just my opinion of the series as a stand alone. random aside i still cant think of the Category B Kasha without thinking of Dodongo from ocarina of time.

4. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Wall of text coming, brace yourself.

I have nominated this show because I found summary interesting, but I wasn't sure what's real going to happen in the show. The beginning was already catching my eye since I love action and dark themed anime. Lots of kills, my blood thrills, can it be better? Oh yes it can! I was already prepared myself for that guy to be MC and boom his head is gone :D Then we get to see another awesome guys in Hummer "little tank" and it's already obvious they will be important chars due to their unique traits in the show. However, apparently that girl and they are not on the same team but they know each other very well. Of course I start to think of millions of reasons why and how it happened that they are against each other, what's their relationship and etc.

5. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I didn't like this show at all and felt very frustrated trying to wrap it all up. I'm glad it was a shorter anime because I was on the verge of dropping it. Stuck around only to see the ending which was pretty much spoiled every episode with the whole "will you kill someone you love because of love?" deal.

I think what really made me upset was the very simple reason that Yomi turned "evil". I felt like I was slapped in the face that some random white hair kid has this rock that amplifies evil and this awesome sword wielding girl who is full of goodness can't resist it at all. I also hated how all the other role characters had no backstory at all. Only maybe the boyfriend and even then the guy was a jerk and impossible to relate with. (seriously not going to the hospital for some strange sense of...lacking evidence for a crime?).

Going further back I wish I knew more on what the monsters even were. Not to mention Kagura's father had no role at all until the end. Also for some strange reason the head of the environmental group, that women? I don't know why but I hated her attitude. Of course that was bound to happen when the anime doesn't explain anything about the other characters.

So uh...yeah I'm probably in the minority on this judging by reviews. This show pushed all the wrong buttons for me which pretty much overrode any good feeling I might have. This one might fall under the "show everyone likes that you don't" category.

Prepares the almighty flame shield!
    http://pix.gbatemp.net/271140/flameshield.jpg

p.s btw is there a spoiler tag
    p.s.s Of course I know the group is cool and the flame shield is not necessary lol.
    (I need a bomb shelter! jk)

6. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I am not here to fight if someone's hatred is that big I'll rather ignore such person.

But just one thing, I don't know how you expect in 12 episodes to have everything explained and showed.

7. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I shall flame all the way through your shield so brace yourself :p

@Ga-Rei: Zero, this is one of the best animes i have ever seen. Animes that get a 10 from me must have evry point that i want to see and Ga-Rei had evrything i look for in an anime.

Likeable characters, good story, good development of the story, it has to be intruiging, good action, good comedy, awesome side characters (Kagura's father) and enemys (Yomi in the beginning and at the end and this kid that intruiged me alot), and 1 of the most important things: it has to play with my emotions which Ga-Rei definitely did imo.

This anime had all of the points i stated above and left me very satisfied. And they also werent afraid of showing anything. Heads getting cutt off, important chars dying, chars i like dying (Kagura's father :( ). All that isnt really neccesary for me to give it a 10 but its a great extra that might get it up from a 9 to a 10. Those beasts by the way helped me alot aswell. Goddamn those things were awesome :D

Enough about those grades, i've been talking way too much about them ever since i started rating my animes on MAL :p I don't think i have anything more to say about this other than to thank Ovyda for nominating it :p

Ga-Rei: Zero: an absolute 10.

And to finish my ''review'', Ill ask the obvious question that could be discussed if you guys like to: "Will you kill someone you love because of love?"

8. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    This is a question that didn't let me to have an early sleep... I was really thinking what would I do in such case :( In the end I wasn't able to answer it...

My mind of course was saying that yes, but what about feelings, would they be able? And just how much I would regret later? Would I be able to live with guilt and etc. This is why I love this anime, simple question that made me think a lot :D

9. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Yeah i dont think i can answer or decide either untill i am in such situation. Nori was in that situation and although i kinda turned against him when he was a coward and couldnt kill Yomi while she was torturing his friend, i probably would have done the same as him: go insane.

10. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, when I tried to imagine myself in Nori's place I even thought that I would probably ask her to let me stay with her. I mean I would probably even join her if I loved her so much :( Awful person I am :D

11. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I said this already but I totally misjudged this anime although I did not like it as much as some of you I gave it a 4 out of 5 on A-P. But it did not even make it into my top 10 maybe top 20 I would have to think about that and on the note of Kagura’s father I think he was one of those characters that in any other anime you would want to see more of but in this he had just the right amount of appearances that it did not make you want that. I like anime that make me lough but going into this one I thought I am not getting any loughs out of this but I was really wrong I got more loughs than I thought possible from this anime. I however did not really like that it had me thinking that guy from episode one was the MC. But there is to much ground I want to cover on this anime. But some of it can wait tell later.

12. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Im guessing we will see more about that ''main char'' guy in the manga. After all this is only a prequel to the story.

And i agree about the father. He is an awesome char, but due to his own standards and thoughts he got just enough time in this anime. If he showed up more it would have been against what he stands for. Dont know how else to put it.

13. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    @batosai what do you mean by MC guy if you are talking about the one from episode 1 he was alrady killed in ep 1.

14. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @RodRule yeah Bato thought you meant the guy in the end together with Kagura.

I like him too, but he was used greatly imo. Him killing off was one of my favorites parts. It already showed to me that this anime is not afraid of killing people easily. That's what most anime's lack... they are afraid to kill. They take ages to kill someone...

Also I am a huge fan of anti hero kinda chars like Lelouch and Light. Yomi kinda reminded me of that... she's not anti hero, but it kinda reminded me like it.

15. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I'm so confused what do you mean if you mind explaining to I get confused easily.

RodRule yeah Bato thought you meant the guy in the end together with Kagura.

16. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    This is what I have to say:

The animation was A-OK, I was actually kinda confused at first but after I learned that the anime was actually a prequel to the manga, then it made sense. I was actually kinda annoyed that a good guy was turned bad, in this case it's Yomi, but I was kinda sad about Kagura's back-story and Yomi's death, I did enjoy the action and the fanservice the anime had and also the small yuri scene that was in the anime.
    I gave the anime a score of 8/10 overall, don't get me wrong I did like the anime even though I marathoned it the day after it was decided that we would watch Ga-Rei: Zero.

That's it for my part

17. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Ovyda is talking about Kensuke Nimura i think. The guy showed in the last ep after the timeskip of 2 years. He is MC in the manga.

I meant the guy in the 1st ep who was killed and thats why i said ''main char'' as in he was portrayed as the main char but then killed off. You said you didn't like how he was showed as MC in the first ep and then killed. I think that's because there will be parts about him in the manga. He lost someone to that kid aswell and since that kid is the antagonist, there should be story's about this guy aswell.

18. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I was speaking about the guy in the 1st episode who was killed...

19. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Ovyda wrote:
    I was speaking about the guy in the 1st episode who was killed…

Ovyda wrote:
    @RodRule yeah Bato thought you meant the guy in the end together with Kagura.

???? He was never with Kagura

20. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Ovyda wrote:
    @RodRule

Him killing off was one of my favorites parts. It already showed to me that this anime is not afraid of killing people easily. That’s what most anime’s lack… they are afraid to kill. They take ages to kill someone…

I use this as a judge of anime. Killing off people in the early parts really sets a gritty tone and tells me early on what kind of anime I might expect. Usually when one person dies then all bets are off and everyone becomes a candidate for the almighty writer's eraser.

Edit: this quote system is weird...