Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai/Haganai

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by ThatRandomGinger, Feb 6, 2014.

1. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Here is where you can post about the Haganai novels

Story Synopsis:
    Kodaka Hasegawa is just trying to get through his school life, but one day he sees the cute but always pissed off girl Yozora Mikadzuki being alone, happily talking to herself. “Can you see ghosts?”, he asks her, to which she responds “I am just talking to my friend here. My air friend!” She is a goner… Kodaka and Yozora start discussing how to make friends, and Yozora, with her excessive proactiveness, starts a tragic club. Then, as things get more complicated, one by one other ‘regretfully’ cute girls also join the club. Together they play games, go swimming, and they put together stage acts. Can our hero, who got suckered into this mess, become good friends with others? The even-though-it-really-leaves-much-to-desire-but-still-very-entertaining tragic youth romance story has been born!

My Synopsis:
    Ever been that one kid that most people avoid? Well for Kodaka Hasegawa who has the appearance of a delinquent and after a few misunderstandings gets to experience what its like first hand! One day he discovers this cute, if somewhat stand-off0ish girl talking with her "air Friend" After some talking some the girl gets the idea to make a club to learn how to make friends. With having no friends because of misunderstandings and beening force to join by the girl, Yozora, Kodaka now finds hims self trying to make it through highschool while being a member of the "Neighbors Club"

2. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    So after reading the 1st volume it seems that the anime followed the novel pretty well, with the exception of the prologue and a certain chapter. You will see why this chapter was left out, also if you seen the anime you may be thinking wait isn't this the ova?? nope, if the order is right it's next volume or even number 3 that has the ova seen in it. This was just left out, and it left me with a 0_o face Did you REALLY have to go there??????

3. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Just finished volume 2, still following the story fairly closely, but i do have one comment, Are Yozora and Sena bitchy-er? They went at it in the anime but seems like in the novels they got really worse. Also i feel bad for kodaka, aside from the rumors he would be considerd normal, but he has to put up with a sadistic bitch, and uppity one, and a complete pervert. Not to mention dealing with his sister mira and yukimora

4. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Just finished volume 3, seems like this is about where season 1 ends and again it held true to story. So far being on the 3 novel, its alright. Not as good as Index or DxD at drawing me in and having me finish them in a day, but not something i want to drop either. Just wish it would show a bit of a softer side to yozora and sena, having bitch mode 24/7 kinda kills their characters. same with pervert Rika

5. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Okay i know i just finished 3 a bit about now i've finished 4, and WOW didn't see that coming. i knew something was up with the warning in earlier chapters but ending floored me. Maybe because this is all new to me is why i'm getting through it faster than i did 1-3 but idk. Also i'm glad its starting to show a softer side to yozora and sena. just wish rika would come down a few pegs from perverted-ness. I've seen/read ecchi alot before but she kinda goes overboard with it even for me

6. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Finished 5 and bravo, Haganai bravo, you have yet again floored me. there are the two reasons:
    More importantly, having someone stare at me down there is pretty embarrassing, even if she was just a kid. My body started to heat up due to the embarrassment."Hey~ hey~ Onii-chan, can I touch it?""No! And give me my towel back!" I snatched my towel back from Maria, who'd been holding it out in the open, and put it back around my waist.
    ^the above was an ten year old girl wanting to grab kodaka's crotch and the second is a major spoiler
    the trap isn't a trap. he is actually a she The "boy" who looked like a girl was IN FACT a girl
    Also the ending was pretty good can't wait to read more. also here is a list of the character rankings IMO:
    1st Kodaka
    2nd Yozora/Sena
    3rd Rika
    4th Yukimora
    5th Kobato/Maria

7. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Since i had the day off i ended up powering through volumes 6, 7, 8, & all the part of 9 that is translated. going to skip my usual run down of each novel and just say WOW DAT ENDING IN 8, if it didn't have a 9th volume i would be pissed BEYOND belief.

And now I'd like to ask who is your favorite character in the series? I'll give a ranking of mine but put in in a spoiler to of course prevent spoilers

DON'T READ UNLESS YOUR OKAY WITH MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS
    1st Kodaka: by far my favorite. At one time i believed he was heading the ichika or issei route and become an idiot harem guy but he didn't. He only acted that way so he could try to keep the Club together, all the while being perfectly aware that the girls love him and his feelings towards them

2nd (tied) Yozora/Sena: Both WHEN SEPERATE from each other offer truly nice and compassionate sides. Rather than being bitch mode 24/7 they show a softer more flawed side, with less arrogance. The become more approachable and even let a few of their walls down

3rd Yukimora: Even though she is kinda random and obsessed with samurai and etc she truly cares for each other members and is very caring of others, she reminds me of char from IS but with a touch of weird

4th Yusa: i know she just got introduced but dunno i like her, want to see more of her also DAT red hair

5th Kate: cute at first glance but WAY to unlady like/old-man-ish. but she hasn't had much time so we will wait

6th (tied) Kobato/Maria: never been an sis-con and they act too childish, granite they are a 10 and a 14 year old sooooo

7th Rika: her perverted behavior as well as beating the crap out of kodaka because he wanted to try to keep the club the way it was WHILE being a hypocrite and doing the same thing just makes me pissed off about her. but now shes dropped the act she may rise in character placement in the future