Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

BlazBlue- Favorite Characters

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Core, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    What is your favorite character for this game? I wanted to get an idea of what other people preferred.

To start this, my favorite is Ragna the Bloodedge. I like his attacks, and the fact that he is the only one that I know who can heal during combat.

2. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Noel Vermillion!
    [​IMG]

3. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    As far as gameplay goes, Taokaka is my go-to choice. Her move-sets are so fun to pull off, and whether you're jumping to dodge or jumping to pounce, it's always fun constantly displace your character so quickly in a fighting game. Plus she's such an aggressive pick since she gives your opponent not a single moment to themselves, keeping them on edge from beginning to end.

Though my personal favorite is Rachel Alucard, especially throughout the story. Her personality and style easily trump any and every other character. Though, in battle, she is constantly getting reworked, and I don't like that. Throughout the games, her moves don't seem to change, but their effects and their damage change pretty drastically. It's annoying because she is one of the only spell-based characters (aside from Kokonoe and Arakune), and her normal combos are terribly short in length and all rely on short bursts of close-range damage, which completely undermines her character. But after how oppressive she was in the first game, I understand what they did (though it still irks me that they buffed Arakune's magic).

Competitively, I usually use Tsubaki Yayoi or Platinum the Trinity, for their fairly easy and fluid combos. Tsubaki makes it easy to catch a person off guard, which makes it easy to pull off distortions. And Platinum is good for pinning down the enemy to lay down high bursts of damage.

That was a very long answer to a simple question, but it does vary in these aforementioned cases, and I dislike saying "I can't decide" without context. So there you have it.

4. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I use Noel and Hazama mostly. I just wish I was good at the game xD

5. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    @Roy-Blue
    I know what you mean. It is hard for me to come up with an absolute choice. The only thing that let me decide on Ragna is the healing factor. If it was not for that, I might have gone with Noel. For me, in a game like this the first few characters I try usually end up having one of my favorites. There were others that I thought were my favorite, like Hakumen due to powerful attacks, but his special attacks seem to come from countering, and I am no good at that.

I am not amazing at the game, I just press buttons in a way I think will work, and if only one attack seems to work on the opponent, I will repeat it until I win.

6. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Haha, I'm super competitive. I thoroughly analyze, and then destroy, every opponent I face. I still have trouble with Noel players and good Kokonoe players. Noel's combos are the easiest to pull off and they can start from any range, so it's hard to counter unless you anticipate their moves. And Kokonoe rewards people that can use her magic by having some brutal never-ending combos. Though Kokonoe is commonly banned from tournaments anyways.

To that affect, when I'm feeling particularly sadistic, I'll sometimes choose Lambda 11/Nu 13, just to harass someone. But those two are always barred from tournaments for being too over powered. Still fun to dominate someone with, however.

It's a fun game, though. I've played a few times with our local tournament champion, and we usually break even. But I've stopped joining the tournaments after losing to him 2nd place twice in a row. I haven't played since, either, as a matter of fact. I stopped at Chrono Phantasm.

7. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Best BlazBlue girl for me is Taokaka!~!~
    1. Dat nyan speak doe~~~ :3
    2. She's funny
    3. Despite being a complete noob at the games, she's the character I like playing most; she's fast and bouncy and does a bunch of damage quickly~

I also like Noel, she's pretty fun to play.
    In terms of characters though, I also like Rachel Alucard and Kokonoe; they're pretty great.