Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Your WORST Level/Area From A Video Game

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The7thSeal, May 15, 2015.

1. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I really want to know, from equal parts curiosity and desire to know of others suffering, what level/area/section from a video game haunts you due to how horrible it is.

Mine would have to be Blighttown from Dark Souls 1. It has everything you could possibly hate in an area:
    Narrow walkways that inhibit your ability to fight? Check.
    Enemies with powerful knockback on said narrow walkways? Check.
    An effectively bottomless pit below you? Check.
    Ranged enemies that apply an even more potent poison effect than the already potential fatal poison you're used to? Check.
    A poison swamp that inhibits movement with hard hitting enemies in it? Check.
    An FPS drop greater than Felix Baumgartner's from just looking into the zone? Check.

Blighttown is a blight (oh, aren't I clever?) on Dark Souls. So much so that I'd take Ornstein and Smough over it any day of the week.

2. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Bison stage - Street Fighter 2

3. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Blighttown is pretty poison-tastic, but I don't remember it being nearly as bad as it has a reputation for. Although I think I went through the easier entrance (the main entrance is more difficult).

How about that Water Temple from OoT? =P Although, it wasn't so bad on my last play through.

4. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    "Emperor's Fall (Ground Zero)" from Starcraft: Brood War. A piece of my childhood that still haunts me to this day. They give you all of those units...an entire army, really...and then you get to watch helplessly as nukes fall from the sky and kill them all. It was downright traumatic for me as a young Starcraft player. Stupid Mengsk and his stupid Ghosts...

5. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    There was a dungeon right near endgame of Tales of Symphonia that I really hated, though for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. It was a serious pain is all I remember from it and it would always make me stop playing whenever I got to it because I just couldn't be bothered with it. There's also (I think it's called) Stonetower temple from Majora's Mask and the Great Bay Temple that's way, way worse then the Water Temple in OoT.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Mine would be World 8-2 in Super Mario Bros for the NES. Because those hammer guys are so annoying and I can't get passed the second one near the end of the level. Plus, if you die half way through the level, you have to start from the beginning rather than halfway through.

7. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Ah just a few posts in and we already get the Water Temple. Good old Water Temple, may my tears forever flood that accursed Temple.

A lot of games have one of "those" levels. For you Halo fans "The Library" is an exercise of boredom.

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    This, so much this!! Only, I can get passed this bit. It's the bit where you run along after and they appear one after the other. You are lucky if can run under them, or time it so well to avoid the hammer and land on them to kill them.

10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Fire balls.

11. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I can't use them @Sporadic my game is saved with a tiny Mario. And there are no power ups in the level.

12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Ah, emulator. Just restart and warp if you have to.

13. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Not Emulator. It's on Super Marios Bros Deluxe for the GBC, on my 3DS which I got for free for doing something with Street Pass or something like that. So it saves where my game is up to.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I remember trying to beat Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES back in the day. I did NOT know about that flute\warp\tunnel thingy trick or whatever it was at the time.

This might sound strange but I'm kind of glad the internet wasn't the be all, end all source for finding out how to beat stuff back then. The crazy strategies me and my friends went over in grade school to beat those games just made my days.

Excuse me, I'm going on a nostalgia trip now.

15. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    so much nostalgia in this forum, sadly my early days of gaming are all but a blear, only thing I can think of right now is the blade princess on SAO hollow fragment.

I sure I can think of an even more frustrating level, will take a look at me collection to jog the old memory and come back to you.

16. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    This. Jesus Christ, this. The entire freaking game. There is a special place in hell for this game where dammed souls are doomed to play it for all eternity.

maxresdefault.jpg

17. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Oh baby, I got one for ya. The Science Prison in Oni gave me fits.

If you pause right at the start of the gameplay, you can see the two shiny looking things on the other side of the room. Those are mercury bow turrets. The mercury bow is the most powerful weapon in the whole game, and is capable of killing you in two or three hits depending on your health. If you touch the lasers at all, they shoot you, and you lose almost all of your health before the level even starts.

This is the first 30 seconds of the level. There's more after this, and it's not any easier. Every time I got up to this level I let my brother do it, because I could never beat it no matter how many times I played it.

The nostalgia in this thread is real.

EDIT: Actually, pretty much this whole game is like that.

18. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I learned about the flute warp pretty early on from one of my older cousins. I never used it on initial play throughs but mainly when I got a game over and was frustrated and didn't want to play through everything again.