Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Your Thoughts On Next Years Manga/Anime Era

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Vladnyx, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    This has been a concern Iv'e had for a number of months now mostly concerning Shonen Jumps Magazine. With many of there long span running series of publications such as Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, and many others series having ended or being canceled and following into next year as well. With it being one if not the number one leader of manga this has left me feeling concerned on how vastly different things will change throughout the course of next year moving into 2017.

This Era of the big 3 is coming to a end. With Naruto having ended and now Bleach proceeding to end likely within the next month things are going to certainly change. With their big contenders ending and even some of their shorter series such as Assassination Classroom, Gintama, and Toriko just to name a few.These are large contenders that are going to be gone come next year. Due to this it leaves me thinking what does Shonen Jump have left or what are they planing to place their future on.

For what they still have obviously they have One Piece which isn't ending anytime soon. And whether you love it or hate it it's been a leading powerhouse. Other series I could consider could be Haikyuu! which is rather popular according to polls and statistics. Then you have My Hero Academia which isn't doing so well in sales and the same holds true for Black Clover which may do better if it were to get a anime adaptation. You even have Hunter X Hunter, but it comes and goes. Your just losing all these big money makers that sell a minimum of 300k copies a week and are moving into these remaining series that do alright with a little over 100k copies a week. My point is I'm expecting to see Shonen sales drop drastically next year while other competitors sales increase such as Shonen Weekly. The other issue is I believe they got a new Chief Editor which could certainly change a number of things.

Now do I think that the manga world is going to fall... no I don't. You still got great series and competitors who'll bring us great manga. With that said what do you think will change moving into 2017?